Jeremy Ruckert making some noise

14 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Kittle was a bad comparison. I see him more as a Tony Gonzalez-Travis Kelce-Muhammad Ali-Michael Jordan-Carl Lewis hybrid, but with more speed and better blocking.

Those guys all suck. Ruckert will be the next Bob Tucker. My favorite TE of all time. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Ruckert was drafted high enough to expect that he had some good potential. Plus he came from a good college program.  Good to see the jets finally having a good set of tes.

We actually have one too many. I’d like to see them trading Conklin for a pick. He should have some value. 

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ruckert is the next george kittle.  He is going to come on strong this year and ascend to one of the top tight ends in the league in year 3.

Not the next Yeboah?I heard he is going to the HOF....

22 hours ago, k-met57 said:

didn't Kittel have like 40 catches as a rookie or something?

To me the reason I like the Kittle comparison is because both Kittle and Ruckert are elite blockers which creates huge mismatches for the offense as opposed to a TE like Pitts who is just a beast of a receiver.  Ruckert also possessed the sneaky athleticism like Kittle which allowed him to fall to the middle rounds.

Cant wait to see this kid play this season 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Thanks, I needed that laugh. You are truly one of the best sources of exaggerated ideas on the internet.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

Joe W is always outlandish but this particular take of his isn’t that crazy.  TEs notoriously have a large year 2 leap, and Kittle himself was a 5th round pick.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

To me the reason I like the Kittle comparison is because both Kittle and Ruckert are elite blockers which creates huge mismatches for the offense as opposed to a TE like Pitts who is just a beast of a receiver.  Ruckert also possessed the sneaky athleticism like Kittle which allowed him to fall to the middle rounds.

Cant wait to see this kid play this season 

This guy gets it!

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Joe W is always outlandish but this particular take of his isn’t that crazy.  TEs notoriously have a large year 2 leap, and Kittle himself was a 5th round pick.  

it's absolutely outlandish. the track record of TE's that come in and have 40 catches year one, far exceeds those that don't get on the field. secondary point but kittle was an unknown, coming off 2 years of injuries and played with a sh*tty QB in college. I hope Ruckert can get on the field and contribute as a regular this year.

16 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

it's absolutely outlandish. the track record of TE's that come in and have 40 catches year one, far exceeds those that don't get on the field. secondary point but kittle was an unknown, coming off 2 years of injuries and played with a sh*tty QB in college. I hope Ruckert can get on the field and contribute as a regular this year.

You are literally making 80's case.  In 2022, Ruckert was a 3rd round pick, coming off an injury and does anybody stake a better claim to playing with a sh*tty QB?

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Jets seemed to be OK taking Mayer round 1. Not sure what to think of that

26 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

While the 40 catch point does make sense, Ruckert was behind 2 veteran TEs and we didnt need to rush him.

The reason I like the comparison is due to the similarity of their draft profiles.

I was a huge fan of Kittle coming out, not because in any way did I think he would be this good, but because we needed a TE and his profile was "floor is a 10 year blocking TE who has an understated athletic profile giving him a ton of upside.  Limited production due to the offense he was in (ie bad QB play) not due to his ability".  What else could a team possibly look for in the 4th round?  Yet we screwed around and Mac missed him and instead we wound up with Jordan Legget - absolute disastrous turn of events (we actually traded back in the 4th round to take Chad Hansen).

Ruckerts profile is very very similar.   "Elite blocker with excellent athleticism (9 RAS) that doesnt match his production because he was in an offense with 4 first round WRs."  Personally I love that we gave him a redshirt to improve some of his blocking technique and to get healthy.  

I understand that the price we paid for Rogers was for a QB to produce 4200 and 38tds but to me, I want to see our offense operate with 2 TEs to really dominate the running game and then let the combination of Rogers excellent play action ability and GW's ability to stretch the filed allow us to complete a ton of short passes that lead to yards after the catch and keep Rogers from taking too many hits. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Jets seemed to be OK taking Mayer round 1. Not sure what to think of that

Weak WR class + they didn't end up taking Mayer in the end, instead grabbing a TE in Rd 7.  I dunno if any of that says much about how they feel about Ruckert either way.  

• Upvote 1

He's the kind of TE you love having in there on a running play.  Helluva blocker.  If he becomes a threat in the passing game, he would be special.

Reality tells me that we have a ton invested in 2 other TE's.  Conklin caught 67% of the passes targeted.  Uzomah has a 78% rate over the last 2 years.  Those numbers are elite.  Only injury held him back.

I could see Ruckert playing a bigger role as the season progresses, especially in the running game.  With AVT and Becton on the right and Tippman pulling, adding Ruckert outside Becton should really juice the running game.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

He's the kind of TE you love having in there on a running play.  Helluva blocker.  If he becomes a threat in the passing game, he would be special.

Reality tells me that we have a ton invested in 2 other TE's.  Conklin caught 67% of the passes targeted.  Uzomah has a 78% rate over the last 2 years.  Those numbers are elite.  Only injury held him back.

I could see Ruckert playing a bigger role as the season progresses, especially in the running game.  With AVT and Becton on the right and Tippman pulling, adding Ruckert outside Becton should really juice the running game.

yeah, I think the other two are cap free after this year.  Let Ruckert grow into the role this year and he can be our TE of the future.

I have high hopes for this kid.  He has the tools to be special, question is can he put it together.  This year will tell us a lot.