Amazing Catch by Wilson

Jeeeeesus. Truly amazing that Zach still can’t throw a freaking 5 yard out in OTA’s no rush no pads no nothing = No future as QB of the NY Jets. 
I’d be shocked , shocked I tell ya if he even becomes a backup quarterback in this league after his fifth year option is not picked up 

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The reaches this dude is going through just to get ZW’s passes lol

In shorts and t shirts with no defenders. I’m ready to trade Zach for a conditional 2026 6th rounder if that’s what we can get.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

In shorts and t shirts with no defenders. I’m ready to trade Zach for a conditional 2026 6th rounder if that’s what we can get.

With Zach's expensive rookie deal, we'd have to send a team draft capital for the new team to be willing to take him on.

And I'd probably still be willing to do that.  

• Upvote 2

This year he costs the Jets in cap space to trade that would have to be found.   The Jets are already expending their opportunities to manipulate cap space. 

Like with Darnold, year 4 is when trading the first round QB is a cap even/cash positive proposition.   I would expect it to happen then.

QB 2 this year is the winner of Boyle and Zippy. 

20 minutes ago, PS17 said:

There’s just no place for him on this team. The only reason to keep him around is for Douglas to try and save face. Just take the L and bring in an actual backup. I have zero confidence that we can win one or two games with Zach if Rodgers misses 3-4 weeks with an injury. 

I hear ya, and I'm down.

Just have to recognize the reality of the situation:  At this moment, only Mosley, Duane Brown, Corey Davis, Laken Tomlinson, Quinnen Williams (and eventually Aaron Rodgers) have a bigger cap charge to the Jets than Zach Wilson in 2023.  And in 2024, the group that will be bigger cap hits is projected to consist of just Rodgers, Mosley, Brown and Tomlinson.

Getting a team to take on that contract is just a non-starter at this point unless one of the other 31 teams out there gets REALLY dumb all of a sudden.  And cutting him won't work either.  It would be a pure sunken cost.  And even then, I'd probably entertain it just to get the roster spot back.  It's just not at all a good financial decision.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

This year he costs the Jets in cap space to trade that would have to be found.   The Jets are already expending their opportunities to manipulate cap space. 

Like with Darnold, year 4 is when trading the first round QB is a cap even/cash positive proposition.   I would expect it to happen then.

QB 2 this year is the winner of Boyle and Zippy. 

Still want to sign Bridgewater as I like many others have no confidence in Zippy or Boyle to win any games if they are forced to play for and extended period of times (2-3)games. In Bridgewater, although far far from elite, he has shown the ability to win in this league.
JD please don’t make the same mistake by going into the season without a viable backup QB ala Flacco and MFW as this team is in an excellent position to go deep into the playoffs 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Still want to sign Bridgewater as I like many others have no confidence in Zippy or Boyle to win any games if they are forced to play for and extended period of times (2-3)games. In Bridgewater, although far far from elite, he has shown the ability to win in this league.
JD please don’t make the same mistake by going into the season without a viable backup QB ala Flacco and MFW as this team is in an excellent position to go deep into the playoffs 
Teddy didn't win a single start last year with Miami.
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
25 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Teddy didn't win a single start last year with Miami.

How many games did he start 2 possibly 3 and he got knocked out on his first series against the Jets which I think might have been his last time he started. 
Now I ask you who would you rather have as a backup to Rodgers,  Zach Wilson ,Tim Boyle, Streveler or Bridgewater 

How many games did he start 2 possibly 3 and he got knocked out on his first series against the Jets which I think might have been his last time he started. 
Now I ask you who would you rather have as a backup to Rodgers,  Zach Wilson ,Tim Boyle, Streveler or Bridgewater 

3 of those guys are on the team and one isn't. If I have to chose someone not on the team it isn't Teddy Two Gloves.