Day Two #JetsCamp Reports

Larz

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I really hope we see some of our talented back up finally get used as return guys. Bam should def be out there every time. Israel too. Really anyone that is not Berrios sized and can actually have a chance of breaking a TD

I’d love to see Hardman do returns

• Upvote 4

Just now, BCJet said:

Tony Adams and Jeremy Ruckert are the 2 players im most excited to see this season.  Both were excellent values in the draft, were brought along slowly and have the ability to be starters on very cheap contracts for the time Rogers is here.

Adams really took "taking one for the team" to a new level with how much he was moved around in college.  Being able to concentrate on one position is why we are seeing him reach his full potential.  Hope he locks down the starting job.

would be huge for the D to have someone play at a + level at FS out of nowhere.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

It's going to be nice getting a few easy 1st downs when AR draws the D offsides w/his cadence...

See what I mean? The idea that Rodgers is going to actually hit receivers that are open in stride doesn't even occur to this fan base. It happens. Just watch.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slats said:

McDonald is an old rookie, he’s already 24. Much like Johnson and Clemons last year. He wasn’t brought in to develop, he was brought in to play. Those guys both saw action on defense with 27% of available snaps as well as plenty of special teams. It’s safe to assume that as long as McDonald is demonstrating that he can play in practice, he will see action when it counts. 

Yes but remember covid impacted a number of draft classes. 

He isn’t a pushover in the run game, but I agree he’s going to get in the game 3rd and 5 or more to start probably and they will give him more and more. 

• Upvote 2

It’s getting very close to that unfortunately.  After the reset and the off-season he’s bouncing passes and forgetting the snap count. I think he gets 2 games to win the job. 
Have to agree .. he has to know it's now or never.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Have to agree .. he has to know it's now or never.

If he has an up and down camp, and a shaky HOF game I have to think the next preseason game is going to be a line in the sand, play well and prove you belong or bye. 

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, PS17 said:
If roster spots were based on strictly merit, Zach Wilson wouldn’t make the team. 

Why? ... Sounds like he's improving.

Edited by Dunnie

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Which forum is the repository for the PDD - Penis Deficit Disorder - discussions? They clutter up and ruin the mod forum. 

Now THAT I have medicine for that works. 36 hours actually. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

JSN was better then garrett wilson and chris olave when they all played together.  He would have been an immediate star here.  Will go down as Joe Ds biggest blunder.

Going down as Douglas’ biggest blunder would be quite impressive given his first two opening round selections.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jbt said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/milton-wright-nfl-supplemental-draft/tnuh45qg58qlz4cjlhuwefg1

Overall, Wright possesses an unofficial Relative Athletic Score (RAS) of just 1.37 out of 10. For context, only two receivers drafted in 2023 had RAS marks under the median five. They were Patriots sixth-round pick Kayshon Boutte (4.99) and Chargers fourth-round pick Derius Davis (4.29).

As such, that may make it hard for Wright to get drafted, especially considering that his all-important 3-cone time of 7.81 seconds is among the worst-known times recorded, per the official RAS site.

Still, it remains possible that Wright will be selected given his solid size and production during his time at Purdue. It just doesn't seem overly likely given his athletic profile.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Didn't even realize that they already held the supplemental draft.  I am guessing nobody was selected.  As usual.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Holy crap, lol

Yep.  Nobody selected in the supplemental this year.  There was some talk that Wright could be picked before he had that disastrous work out.  Could have been dinged.  Maybe just unprepared and pro day numbers are historically inaccurate, so who knows.?  Tall possession guy without much speed.   Had some big games. Below plus 98+TD vs. Ohio State.  Glad they didn't pick him in the supplemental, but certainly worth a try-out.  Find out if he is actually that slow.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Tony Adams and Jeremy Ruckert are the 2 players im most excited to see this season.  Both were excellent values in the draft, were brought along slowly and have the ability to be starters on very cheap contracts for the time Rogers is here.

Adams really took "taking one for the team" to a new level with how much he was moved around in college.  Being able to concentrate on one position is why we are seeing him reach his full potential.  Hope he locks down the starting job.

This. Good post. As we improve as a team and start drafting near or at the end of every round, it will become imperative for JoeD to fine 'diamonds in the rough' to keep this show going.

2 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

This. Good post. As we improve as a team and start drafting near or at the end of every round, it will become imperative for JoeD to fine 'diamonds in the rough' to keep this show going.

Joe D needs more day three picks and less of day ones. 

• Upvote 2