Zach and Becton to play in HOF game

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The HOF game is going to be a great opportunity to see most on the bubble players get significant playing time. Not saying Zach and abecton are on the bubble, but guys like Brownlee and Charles at WR, Schweitzer, Cajuste,  and Colon on the OL, Mack on the DL, etc.

Plus the 5 interesting rookie UDFAs on defense - LB Johnson, Hall, and Cherelus / S Waters and Dean should all play a lot 

Brownlee ready to catch as many TD’s thrown to him. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The HOF game is going to be a great opportunity to see most on the bubble players get significant playing time. Not saying Zach and abecton are on the bubble, but guys like Brownlee and Charles at WR, Schweitzer, Cajuste,  and Colon on the OL, Mack on the DL, etc.

Plus the 5 interesting rookie UDFAs on defense - LB Johnson, Hall, and Cherelus / S Waters and Dean should all play a lot 

Brownlee would have to just lay a complete egg in preseason games to not be on the roster at this point. They paid him like a 5th rounder, Rodgers loves him and he makes plays every day. The only knock on him is his "slow" 40 of 4.59 which is what Jerry Rice actually ran (not the 4.71 urban legend)

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Becton needs to dominate vs. the Browns’ 2nd/3rd team players. Mitchell & Carter will also be must watch.

Zach needs to move the offense up & down the field with confidence 

Looking at how Izzy, Carter & Bam play

Cant wait to see McD & Huff & Clemons and the DL from Pitt hold the line & get pressure.

Stay healthy!! 🙏

Has Cleveland said their starters aren’t playing?

Becton just last week couldn’t finish practice. Let’s pump the brakes on dominate.  

He needs to complete whatever the plan is for him rep wise and then practice fully in the next practice.  Stack bricks. 

the goal is September.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

honestly a little surprised Becton is actually gonna play. Let’s see what the big guy can do

I wouldn't be surprised if either Wilson or Becton are traded before the regular season starts.  

Get as much exposure in both as you can see what offers come in.

I am rooting for Wilson, especially to sit and learn from Rodgers.  I just have no faith he will ever have the courage to stand in the pocket.  JMO

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, hawk said:

I wouldn't be surprised if either Wilson or Becton are traded before the regular season starts.  

I am rooting for Wilson, especially to sit and learn from Rodgers.  I just have no faith he will ever have the courage to stand in the pocket.  JMO

There is literally zero chance of that happening.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hawk said:

Rodgers would be furious if the jets traded zach.  That is not even a possibility.  Rodgers wants to work w zach and thats part of his job here.  Zach is going nowhere.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

If they're trying to bring Becton along slowly, playing in this game doesn't make sense. It seems more like a move to showcase him.

How? He hasn’t played in 2 years. Give him a quarter at a time in preseason. 

You want to throw him into the fire Week 1 without any game reps?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not much.  A 6th maybe.  He stinks.  

So you’re saying someone out there will trade for him and have him on the 53 man roster but you are too smart for that, you want a 6th round pick next year.  

I’ll give you some time to think lol. 

• Haha 1