### Game Day 2023 HOF Game Thread ###

Maxman

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Not sure he had two series ... Completed a couple short ones, had a beautiful deep ball, stepped up in the pocket... I'm not too disheartened at all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

“Not too disheartened”.  Words commonly spoken about a guy who is a lock to get a contract extension!  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Once slim now so fat, so very fat choking up on camera in memory of of the immortal Bill Belichick. Once a Jet...

That interview was pathetic.  I just think he is so irrelevant now that he forgot how to give one.

Uh, um, uh, um

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re the only persons who hunks he looked like shlt.  Probably because you see what you want to see.  One incomplete you saw, amazingly a lack of confidence.  He was what 3-5 for 65ish yards and you’re whining.   He stepped up when he had to, if he doesn’t slip he has another 1st down, he had 2 drives and 2 scores.but he l
He was probably told 3 drives and done.  Have you ever watched football before?  

he looked better than the last time we saw him.

what-about-bob-baby.gif.ebcf886c5ed2c52c0587254d8df77ef8.gif

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So why was Becton playing at all in that case?  lol.

FWIW Dan Hanzus of the NFL Network (and big Jets fan) said recently that the word around the Jets is that Becton simply doesn’t like football, and they aren’t counting on him to serve any significant role.

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

These were my TOP 10 Players on the Bubble in the 1st Half

1. Chazz Surratt LB
  2. Malik Taylor WR
  3. Trey Dean S
  4. Jason Brownlee WR
  5. Claudin Cherelus LB
  6. Tim Boyle QB
  7. Craig James CB
  8. Kenny Yeboah TE
  9. Tanzel Smart DT
  10. Alex Erickson WR

Add Echols onto that list

Just now, Dunnie said:

That 56 yard bomb was plenty catchable.

Great throw, but we’ve all seen Zach make spectacular throws before.  People are looking for consistency and long drives - 8/8, 1 TD. 

having said that, it was two drives in a preseason game. We are all basically overanalyzing by default. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW Dan Hanzus of the NFL Network (and big Jets fan) said recently that the word around the Jets is that Becton simply doesn’t like football, and they aren’t counting on him to serve any significant role.

While Zach was shopping for houses in Nashville with his mom Rodgers was dropping 10 mill on a mansion in Jersey, so that’s good I guess. At least the serious QB wants to live where he plays 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I get your reference, but it could easily be Baltimore’s revenge in tomorrow nights Mets game.😩

Don't care about that anymore.  I will chill out and watch the games, but not worry too much about the score.

• Post of the Week 1

Great throw, but we’ve all seen Zach make spectacular throws before.  People are looking for consistency and long drives - 8/8, 1 TD. 

having said that, it was two drives in a preseason game. We are all basically overanalyzing by default. 
He was better tonight .. lots of room to improve further ... Especially with timely production ...but he looked like a guy that could play tonight.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1