### Game Day 2023 HOF Game Thread ###

Maxman

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Brownlee is looking like this year's overrated receiver of training camp.

I was hoping he’d stand out.   He’ll get more chances this preseason.   It wasn’t what he wanted for sure.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

How did they look?

I had becton at no mistakes, didn’t get beat. Kinda neutral or even. Pass sets were good. Good feet. Run blocking was just ok for a guy his size. There was a noticeable difference in quickness when Warren got in (Warren quicker) but I didn’t like Warren’s kick step. He was too upright when the rusher got to him 

Tippmamm was also good, he sealed his man off once but he also let a guy get across his face once. For a rookie’s first action I’d say ok but I don’t see him pushing McGovern soon or maybe even this year.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW Dan Hanzus of the NFL Network (and big Jets fan) said recently that the word around the Jets is that Becton simply doesn’t like football, and they aren’t counting on him to serve any significant role.

I agree...

I get the feeling Becton doesn't like football...

I don't think Zach does either...

There's no fix for that...

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Bryce Huff still playing well into the second quarter. Wilson and Becton only needed 10 plays apparently.

I’d bet that in their limit # of series they played 5xs as many plays as Huff.  His opportunities don’t come up as much.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean I’ve been saying Zach sucks still all summer but sure 

How long did it take you to tag me after you saw his comment? 6 seconds? It’s all in good fun my dude 

I’m too lazy to look at what he did but I did lol when he tripped 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

I had becton at no mistakes, didn’t get beat. Kinda neutral or even. Pass sets were good. Good feet. Run blocking was just ok for a guy his size. There was a noticeable difference in quickness when Warren got in but I didn’t like Warren’s kick step. He was too upright when the rusher got to him 

Tippmamm was also good, he sealed his man off once but he also let a guy get across his face once. For a rookie’s first action I’d say ok but I don’t see him pushing McGovern soon or maybe even this year.  

Didn't Becton get beat pretty badly on one play? Can't remember, but I thought the player just ran around him to put pressure on Zach.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Didn't Becton get beat pretty badly on one play? Can't remember, but I thought the player just ran around him to put pressure on Zach.

lol no. He took his man around the corner and ran him 5 yards out of the play like they are coached to do 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Larz said:

lol no. He took his man around the corner and ran him 5 yards out of the play like they are coached to do 

Hmm - it feel like 2 days ago as this game drags on, but I am pretty sure he got beat. But I will let the board roast me alive if I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I agree...

I get the feeling Becton doesn't like football...

I don't think Zach does either...

There's no fix for that...

OOoOooo.  I missed this thing on JN.  Someone says something negative.   Then people swear Zach does that bad thing.   I love this!  

Oooooo.   I want to play!   Becton got fat that one time.   Zach did that too.   Zach is too fat to play football.  

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

How long did it take you to tag me after you saw his comment? 6 seconds? It’s all in good fun my dude 

I’m too lazy to look at what he did but I did lol when he tripped 

His presence does generally make me think of you so that part is no lie

• Haha 1

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Hmm - it feel like 2 days ago as this game drags on, but I am pretty sure he got beat. But I will let the board roast me alive if I am wrong.

He ridden wide and Zach stepped up. Was not beat

• Upvote 1