1JD & Hard Knocks

Just watched episode 2. Found Saleh’s dressing down of the OL and the offense in general in front of the entire team and cameras to be pretty interesting. Not exactly his rah-rah reputation (although his reaction to the Panther game was). Saleh telling Woody that QW is exactly the kinda guy you give that kinda money to was cool, and it’s hard to disagree. Rodgers putting his arm around Becton saying, “let’s talk, let’s have lunch this week,” was also significant. Looked to me like he wants Becton out there in front of him. 

So far the Jets have definitely changed the format of Hard Knocks.  They
haven't allowed the segment where back of the roster guys are highlighted.
By doing so they keep players off the radar of other teams as cut day
approaches

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Woody bleating some sh*t to Saleh about Quinnen's salary was pretty funny/ridiculous. Thought Saleh handled it as well as he could've lol.

“That’s a lot of money” ughhhh shut up Woody. Such an awkward little dweeb. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, KRL said:

approaches

The old Hard Knocks format had gotten pretty stale. The spotlight on the ninth wide receiver on the roster trying to make the team was a snoozefest. You know how the story ends - guy gets cut in the last episode. Also, what would you rather see? All access with Aaron Rodgers, Garrett Wilson, and Quinnen Williams, or behind the scenes with Jason Brownlee, Chazz Surratt, and Tim Boyle. The former makes for a significantly better TV product, imo. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, KRL said:

approaches

Excellent point! Might be able to sneak a few by everyone

• Upvote 1

Confirmed by Saleh that all the starters will be playing against the Giants.

Also confirmed that he and Zack seem to be having a very good rapport as mentor/student by their sideline banter after Zacks big 35 yard run against Tampa. They even replayed the clip  of Rogers telling him to run to the right if the ball is not out by his 2nd read which Zack executed to a Tee. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve enjoyed every HK episode so far.

It’s funny how every time Zach makes a good play, you have coaches saying things like “good to see his spirit high”. I know he was terrible but mannnn, he must have really hit rock bottom last season, on and off the field. And it feels like the coaches let him down as well. 

Besides that, I’m terrified of all the starters playing next week. 

Oh and Quinnen is gonna cause havoc this year. I can’t wait. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I guess I'm old, but using the Fbomb every other sentence sounds forced and cringe worthy... Ii don't know, when Rex  did it, it was funnier and more natural.. To me, it shows lack of class when you use it every other word. Did you ever see the movie On the Waterfront? One of the greatest movies of all time, with no Fwords, even though its a movie about tough mob types.. Today, for a movie like that, every other word would be a curse. But when you have class actors like Brando snd Steiger with a class script, you don't need it... Yeah, im old...in age and attitude 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I’ve enjoyed every HK episode so far.
It’s funny how every time Zach makes a good play, you have coaches saying things like “good to see his spirit high”. I know he was terrible but mannnn, he must have really hit rock bottom last season, on and off the field. And it feels like the coaches let him down as well. 
Besides that, I’m terrified of all the starters playing next week. 
Oh and Quinnen is gonna cause havoc this year. I can’t wait. 

When Zach’s teammates are wearing shirts with the picture of his narcissistic backup Qb on them who was 2-6 that was kinda humiliating. Shame on Saleh for even letting that happen. I get if your not playing well, but to have your teammates rub it and show you up takes it to a whole new level. Mike White didn’t even have the decency to say “guys just chill” he just went along with it. Lucky ARod is here to repair the damage…he finally has someone who believes in him and is one of the best to ever do it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

I guess I'm old, but using the Fbomb every other sentence sounds forced and cringe worthy... Ii don't know, when Rex  did it, it was funnier and more natural.. To me, it shows lack of class when you use it every other word. Did you ever see the movie On the Waterfront? One of the greatest movies of all time, with no Fwords, even though its a movie about tough mob types.. Today, for a movie like that, every other word would be a curse. But when you have class actors like Brando snd Steiger with a class script, you don't need it... Yeah, im old...in age and attitude 

I’m old too, and I don’t usually mind cursing so much, but I agree with you. It sounds forced from Saleh. He’s a smart , well spoken guy, and I think he’s trying too hard. It doesn’t mix with all the motivational parables like the crows and the eagle, or the stuff about being a competitor. I don’t think he has to drop f bombs just to sound credible to the players. He should decide whether his message gets through better if he tries to sound smart, or if he sounds like a guy from the street but not try to be both. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

I’m old too, and I don’t usually mind cursing so much, but I agree with you. It sounds forced from Saleh. He’s a smart , well spoken guy, and I think he’s trying too hard. It doesn’t mix with all the motivational parables like the crows and the eagle, or the stuff about being a competitor. I don’t think he has to drop f bombs just to sound credible to the players. He should decide whether his message gets through better if he tries to sound smart, or if he sounds like a guy from the street but not try to be both. 

Very true, and astute too. 

4 hours ago, tfine said:

When Zach’s teammates are wearing shirts with the picture of his narcissistic backup Qb on them who was 2-6 that was kinda humiliating. Shame on Saleh for even letting that happen. I get if your not playing well, but to have your teammates rub it and show you up takes it to a whole new level. Mike White didn’t even have the decency to say “guys just chill” he just went along with it. Lucky ARod is here to repair the damage…he finally has someone who believes in him and is one of the best to ever do it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

“That” was a Totally Classless move from the HC to the players… ALL of Them… No one stepping up to kibosh it was just Wrong…

Being that Rodgers was Thoroughly humiliated on his draft day, he may help Zach with that & teach him how to use it as motivation to make himself that much better in the near future.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, roscoeword said:

I don't know ... Using profanity sparingly is MUCH more effective in my experience. It gives the words more meaning.

Profanity rampant language just lowers perception of speakers IQ. It's lazy.

Maybe he thinks it necessary in order to be a bro with players in order to communicate better w the locker room or something.

Stereotypes say Commanders rarely curse, Sergeants rarely don't. In my experiences guys that don't but are still effective adding power to their messaging are viewed as having respected control. When they do cuss ... It has a devastating targeted impact.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 4