McGovern - Jets FO “got rid of all the bad apples”

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I didn't think it was possible for Zach Wilson to be so bad that I'd prefer Darnold as the QB2 over Wilson.  Yet....here we are.

🎵 You don't what you got....till its gone.... 🎵

Sanchez > Geno > Darnold > Zach.

Can't wait to see the stud we draft next.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Disliked?  Maybe not.  Do Jets players go out of their way to defend him, call him a leader, talk about him being a great guy, etc etc?  Also no, not so much.

Put it this way:  A team that really likes a QB wouldn’t all wear t-shirts with the backup’s face on it for a couple weeks:

IMG_7183.webp

image.thumb.jpeg.3e8e42ec27855fc36f0bb0b69282e99d.jpeg

CC:  @T0mShane

Only said he wasn’t disliked….

9 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Source??? The guy single handily lost multiple games last year.  I'm sure his team mates just love when he's under center.

Take it how you want, he wasn’t disliked.  They might not have like the games he played but that doesn’t mean he was a problem in the locker room. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Take it how you want, he wasn’t disliked.  They might not have like the games he played but that doesn’t mean he was a problem in the locker room. 

So your opinion is all we have????  Great, I’ll ask my daughter what she thinks.  Then I’ll start a new thread with her opinion.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, what exactly is the issue?

You are supposed to know that someone is going to work out perfectly when you draft them?  Have you ever hired an individual who put on their best face during an interview, found the right people to vouch for them as a reference, were glad to have them part of the team, and then didn't actually work out?  Did you get rid of them?  

So, when the current FO does exactly what they are supposed to do, they are now chastised for doing something that every business in America has done? 

I don't get it Beer.  Just don't get it. 

No but apparently what you should do is bitch and moan that the guy who’s put together a talented roster of good guys because he may have gotten fooled by 1 or 2 players.  So bitch like you warned against Mims and Moore. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Source??? The guy single handily lost multiple games last year.  I'm sure his team mates just love when he's under center.

Is it really that hard to differentiate between lost games and being liked?

MFW won all of one game last season.  One and it was against the worst team in football.  In fact Zach was the only QB with a winning record.  Means nothing, the team, a tight team, backs whoever is at QB.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

On the contrary, I would fault JD (and Saleh and the staff) for mismanagement of Moore, but that is an unpopular view here.

And sometimes a front office or staff can make mistakes that cause them to not work out.

Better still to not play favorites, so the talent doesn't want to "not be here" in the first place.

I don't think the front office played favorites.  But, that is my opinion.  Nor do I think they mismanaged Moore.  I think he was more (no pun intended) pissed about Zach Wilson.  But, doesn't matter.  He's gone and in the end, it cost us a round in draft compensation.  

Next.

• Upvote 1

Disliked?  Maybe not.  Do Jets players go out of their way to defend him, call him a leader, talk about him being a great guy, etc etc?  Also no, not so much.
Put it this way:  A team that really likes a QB wouldn’t all wear t-shirts with the backup’s face on it for a couple weeks:

http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2023_09/IMG_7183.thumb.webp.763d5038bd689a61d7edab72872f22d2.webp

http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2023_09/image.thumb.jpeg.3e8e42ec27855fc36f0bb0b69282e99d.jpeg

CC:  [mention=9582]T0mShane[/mention]
One of the most cringe moments in the entirety of sports history ... My guess is that this was heralded by bunny boy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Honestly the Zach bashing doesn't bother me anymore... His obvious improvement this off-season struck a nerve with the ant-zaxxers ... Instilling deep horror that their inane ranting might become irrelevant...

So much so that they are struggling to keep their heads above water in the pool of relevancy ... This of course is an exercise in futility as their incessant vitriolic diatribes have been refuted time and again with video evidence.

And yet ... Like the tide of an exploded cesspool ... This loud minority continues to spew it's excrement in a most fervant manner. One day that pool will be capped off for good ... But for now revel in awe at the unique and powerful combined angst of the crazed haterz.

.. rant on little chickens ... The future is bright for the rising stud backup ... One or two years absorbing all No. 8 has to offer before helming the Green and White for 20 more years.

A good time to be a Jets fan.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

IMG_7183.webp

image.thumb.jpeg.3e8e42ec27855fc36f0bb0b69282e99d.jpeg

CC:  @T0mShane

I’d be curious to know the story of who had those shirts made up?    Unless a fan with a silk screen printer donated 50 to the team, someone had to design and order them.   Doubt it was Mike White- was it an offensive or defensive player and who?   

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2023 at 9:11 AM, More Cowbell said:

I actually think Zach is a good teammate that one press conference. Withstanding. He is just not a good QB. 

I no longer hate Zach.  He has been improving.  None the less I see him as an albatross stuck on the roster.  I do not think he is well liked at all.  Perhaps socially inept or something.      

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Honestly the Zach bashing doesn't bother me anymore... His obvious improvement this off-season struck a nerve with the ant-zaxxers ... Instilling deep horror that their inane ranting might become irrelevant...

So much so that they are struggling to keep their heads above water in the pool of relevancy ... This of course is an exercise in futility as their incessant vitriolic diatribes have been refuted time and again with video evidence.

And yet ... Like the tide of an exploded cesspool ... This loud minority continues to spew it's excrement in a most fervant manner. One day that pool will be capped off for good ... But for now revel in awe at the unique and powerful combined angst of the crazed haterz.

.. rant on little chickens ... The future is bright for the rising stud backup ... One or two years absorbing all No. 8 has to offer before helming the Green and White for 20 more years.

Most of us are looking forward to seeing Aaron Rodgers, and our best chance since 2015 of seeing actual modern-day-NFL-quality QB passing play and production.  It's very exciting.

You, however, still seem obsessed with Zach and these "Anti-Zaxxers" you see behind every bush.  You and others seem to feel compelled to aggressively white-knight for our backup QB anytime anyone here mentions their positive feelings/opinions that Rodgers starting this year is good and exciting, much more so than Zach starting would have been. 

You seem to want to buzzkill excitement for Rodgers, which seems odd.

You might want to get on board, and just enjoy seeing a future HOF QB play for our team this year.  We'll have plenty of time to debate our backup QB's future in 2025 when the organization needs to make a decision on that topic.  

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

A good time to be a Jets fan.

It certainly should be, as I said, this is the first time in a long time where we can be confident we'll see solid NFL QB play for our Jets.  It could make all the difference for an otherwise very talented overall roster.

Thought this was quite relevant to this thread / general topic. Not calling any of these players "bad apples" ... but the season starts in just over 24 hours and three teams, two of whom have serious SB aspirations, are without key players due to 'relationship issues' between them and their team.

Refreshing to see our own team being so together this year and not having hold outs, social media disputes, and such like. 2d213d55164102a2fafb876c6d732c7d.jpg

5 hours ago, Warfish said:
It certainly should be, as I said, this is the first time in a long time where we can be confident we'll see solid NFL QB play for our Jets.  It could make all the difference for an otherwise very talented overall roster.

Trust me... not buzz killing Rodgers AT ALL .. I am super pumped he is here. Always have been. If you go back to the war and peace thread about him coming ... You will see I'm a main player in wanting him here.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1