Saleh Press Conference 9/12

Dunnie

47 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lets see how it goes fellas.  That is all we can do.

I am not expecting much on Sunday.  Maybe we will surprise.

Dallas has alot of false confidence from the Giants beatdown and now can easily look past us w/o rodgers.

You never know..................

dallas is gonna trash zach wilson......

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

That's right that's what you say.  Zach is starting against Dallas.  The end.  Not we have confidence in Zach, he's our guy.  He's starting Sunday.  He's starting Sunday is all Zach is entitled to as far as commitment.  

Did you expect Saleh to say they have limited confidence in Zach? lol 

• Haha 1

Obviously he has to start at Dallas. I suspect in that game when we score in the single digits the tune will change.
I would have preferred to hear "we'll explore all avenues to making this team a championship contender" vs. some "We're backing Zach" puff piece nonsense.
Enough protecting this guys ego. If we're going to acquiesce to star players, acquiesce to our actual stars -- to our stud WR and RB and defensive players who have had enough losing because of the QB position.

Saleh would be fired before the press conference ends if he would say something along those lines. When he speaks at these things, he’s speaking to the team in a round about way. Football is a team game, next guy up. I’m sure the Jets will explore all options moving forward, but for now, Saleh has to stand behind Zach like it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

This is the same coach who kept telling everyone in 2021 and 2022 that Zach was gradually getting better and better and that everyone will be amazed when "everything comes together."

In actuality, Zach Wilson fumbled and bumbled his way through both years and his confidence withered into nothingness, under an offensive coordinator who was a complete failure. And all that happened right under Saleh's nose.

Nothing Saleh says can be viewed as credible. 

What is he suppose to say: Come to the microphone and throw him under the bus?

Now THAT is how you get credibility with the people that matter: your players!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Saleh would be fired before the press conference ends if he would say something along those lines. When he speaks at these things, he’s speaking to the team in a round about way. Football is a team game, next guy up. I’m sure the Jets will explore all options moving forward, but for now, Saleh has to stand behind Zach like it or not.

He would be fired for saying Zach is the starter Sunday against Dallas?  I think that's an absurd take. 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Sure, that's not what Coaches are hired to do. They are hired to lead, motivate, and put their players in the best position to succeed. We are on the motivation stage right now, the QB picture will become clearer the week/weeks unfold. 

There's a locker room full of guys who aren't fooled by BS.  If the coach gives the impression that Zach is the only option going forward past next Sunday and he continues to suck he will lose the team.  He lost the team last year.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He'd be fired for saying "we're going to do whatever we need to do to win?"

What you're right about -- he's talking to the locker room. And he should let Zach know now is the time to perform and he should let the rest of the team know he has THEIR back and substandard QB play isn't going to cut it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

That's right that's what you say.  Zach is starting against Dallas.  The end.  Not we have confidence in Zach, he's our guy.  He's starting Sunday.  He's starting Sunday is all Zach is entitled to as far as commitment.  

in another thread, you bashed saleh for saying how he was devasted about rodger's injury (in reality he was saying he was devasted for rodgers) and that saleh needs to rally the team and coach them up.

and here, he's trying to rally the team behind zach and you are saying that all he should do is offer tepid support of the starting QB.

i get that you don't like saleh, but at least get your talking points straight...

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

There's a locker room full of guys who aren't fooled by BS.  If the coach gives the impression that Zach is the only option going forward past next Sunday and he continues to suck he will lose the team.  He lost the team last year.  

100%. How to people not recognize that the team knows Zach sucks and don't respect him?

They were begging for a QB change wearing Mike White T-shirts!

He had to get up and apologize to the team for refusing to take accountability for the 10-3 Patriots loss!

Quinnen was tweeting about the frustration in losing because the offense couldn't so anything!

The WR room was melting down because the guy couldn't get anyone the ball!

The bad vibes last year were all about Zach. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, jetblue95 said:

in another thread, you bashed saleh for saying how he was devasted about rodger's injury (in reality he was saying he was devasted for rodgers) and that saleh needs to rally the team and coach them up.

and here, he's trying to rally the team behind zach and you are saying that all he should do is offer tepid support of the starting QB.

i get that you don't like saleh, but at least get your talking points straight...

He's not trying to rally the team behind Zach.  He's coddling Zach.  The team is going to come out and play hard.  If Zach carries he's end of the deal the team will embrace him.  If Zach drops the ball and Saleh keeps coddling him the team will get discouraged and start gripping like last year. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 3

He's be fired for saying "we're going to do whatever we need to do to win?"
What you're right about -- he's talking to the locker room. And he should let Zach know now is the time to perform and he should let the rest of the team know he has THEIR back and substandard QB play isn't going to cut it.

I respectfully disagree with you, he needs to build confidence in Zach and the team whether it’s authentic or not. Injury happened last night, prepositioning Zach the day after at the press conference would have been criminal as a coach. Especially since Zach, down the stretch had a big throw or two. He has no choice at this point, but to roll with Zach whether we like it or not. He has to throw his full support behind him for the sake of the team. In the meanwhile, they won last night and will explore all options as they move forward.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I don't see why Saleh has to coddle Zach.  He did it when they drafted him and the last two years until he had to pull him.  Maybe he should just say Zach is starting Sunday.  We are going to bring a veteran in and will see how it goes.  If Zach plays well you keep expanding the playbook.  

If Zach is going to be a starting NFL QB and there really isn't evidence he will be, he has to be treated like it's a competition until he just shows the team he's the man.  

Because at this stage there isn’t any viable veteran starters, just scrap heap guys who might be better backups than Boyle. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I respectfully disagree with you, he needs to build confidence in Zach and the team whether it’s authentic or not. Injury happened last night, prepositioning Zach the day after at the press conference would have been criminal as a coach. Especially since Zach, down the stretch had a big throw or two. He has no choice at this point, but to roll with Zach whether we like it or not. He has to throw his full support behind him for the sake of the team. In the meanwhile, they won last night and will explore all options as they move forward.

I just totally disagree with this.

This was true in 2021. Maybe last year at times.

But the team almost mutinied last year because of Zach being babied and playing like sh*t. Now is NOT the time to baby Zach. His feelings don't matter and the fact that's baby poo soft doesn't matter.

Now is time for an "all hands on deck, everyone pull to save the season" moment. Hard truths need to be accepted and moves need to be made.

Zach needs to play better, right now, or he needs to be replaced. There isn't time for learning or coddling. It's time to win.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Biggs said:

He's not trying to rally the team behind Zach.  He's coddling Zach.  The team is going to come out and play hard.  If Zach carries he's end of the deal the team will embrace him.  If Zach drops the ball and Saleh keeps coddling him the team will get discouraged and start gripping like last year. 

given the circumstances of what happened last night, and the fact that we aren't even 24 hours after it, he is doing the right thing by supporting his starting QB.

if zach continues to stink it up and they don't replace him, then i will agree with you.  but i doubt this will be the case.  i expect another QB to be added in the near future, and i expect the leash on zach will be a lot shorter than saleh projected in this press conference.

right now the move is to back the guys you have.  really, there is no choice.  the options as i type this post are zach wilson and tim boyle.  saleh needs to back his QB right now.  i really don't get why so many people put so much weight in what a coach says in a press conference.  it's meaningless.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The team has confidence.  If Zach isn't confident at this point, year 3 he needs a shrink not a HC.  NFL QB's don't lack confidence they live and breath it and their teammates know if they have it or they don't.  

And unathentic confidence doesn't bread anything but contempt.  

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

And every damn coach in the league does this, so what is your point?

No, baloney and bs.   The jets use that term, i;ve head no other teams use that term.

Also who gives a shi* about other teams?  By all means say we can win with zach, but this 'excited bit is jsut lies'

15 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Who are you bringing in?

If Rodgers is def back I'm ok bringing all back.  If not does Joe D get to pick another QB?  When does he have to make the playoffs?  Not sure who to bring in but there's got to be someone out there 

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Obviously he has to start at Dallas. I suspect in that game when we score in the single digits the tune will change.

I would have preferred to hear "we'll explore all avenues to making this team a championship contender" vs. some "We're backing Zach" puff piece nonsense.

Enough protecting this guys ego. If we're going to acquiesce to star players, acquiesce to our actual stars -- to our stud WR and RB and defensive players who have had enough losing because of the QB position.

I don't think you should confuse what Saleh says to a bunch of aZZ wipe beat reporters with what JD is doing behind the scenes.  Let's see what happens.  If Flacco re-signs, your point becomes more valid....

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's all coach speak. He doesn't want to seem any more desperate than they are as they are trying to possibly trade for or sign another QB. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Lol first I'm hearing of this. Is this a Biggs report? Stop making things up.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

There's rumors going saying Jets contacted both folks and Wentz. Who knows if true. Either way Wilson was starting this Sunday coming up.

I hope Zach plays great against Dallas.  If he does he's going to earn more than BS confidence building from Saleh.  He's going to start earning the trust of his team mates.  He lost them last year.  He has a great opportunity.  He doesn't need Saleh blowing smoke up his ass while Douglas works the phones.  He's got a great opportunity to shut the door.  All he has to do is play like an NFL starting QB.

Saleh blowing smoke up his ass while Douglas is calling every QB he can think of isn't going to build his confidence.  This is on Zach.  He has complete control of the narrative.   It's time to step up or step away.  

• Upvote 3