NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The first pick wasn’t “being aggressive”.  It was being reckless and stupid.  And he does that far too often for someone you say is “improving”.  

Fair enough about the 1st INT.  But I'm not saying he's a great QB.  I'm saying he showed progress today.  He didn't overthrow WRs by 10 yards.  He didn't bounce screen passes.  He made a lot of competent throws and his scrambling helped us score points. 

Yes he stared down GW on that one INT btw.  But I think that type of thing can be cleaned up.  Not saying I know if it will be, just that it can be.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fair enough about the 1st INT.  But I'm not saying he's a great QB.  I'm saying he showed progress today.  He didn't overthrow WRs by 10 yards.  He didn't bounce screen passes.  He made a lot of competent throws and his scrambling helped us score points. 

Yes he stared down GW on that one INT btw.  But I think that type of thing can be cleaned up.  Not saying I know if it will be, just that it can be.

Again, you’re setting a really low bar with everything you’re saying here and need to raise that bar.

Move on and make a trade.  Stop d**king around, Douglas. This is a team capable of competing despite what we saw today.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The defense was worse than Zach today.

They might turn on him, but they better significantly improve first. 

McCarthy ran the true west coast sh*t which is anathema to what Saleh runs and it showed today. Getting CeeDee Lamb iso’ed on LB’s, quick screens, little sail routes from the slot was tough to watch. I thought we adjusted well as the game went on, but their defense was already knee deep in Zach’s a$$hole by that point. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The first pick wasn’t “being aggressive”.  It was being reckless and stupid.  And he does that far too often for someone you say is “improving”.  

The first pick was scary because it was the start of the shell shock look.  He just took a big hit and the next play, really for the first this season, his eyes were on the pressure, backpedaling before the ball was snapped and it was a downward spiral from there and it's exactly what everyone feared from this contest and it was a shame because he wasnt an embarrassment up to that point, sorta.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I don't care what happened the last 2 years, not the same teams. The Jets are better than NE. It will be nothing like today. 

Same QB, similar results.  Belichick owns Zach (just like he’s owned all our young QBs) and NE’s D is still plenty good.  How is that part changing?  

• Upvote 2

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The difference is the 9ers dumped Lance.

Saleh and Douglas are still clinging to the ridiculous pretense that the rest of the free world is blind and stupid and that they’re the only ones who can see how awesome Kapono is.

Well they could dump lance due to the surprise of purdy and of course going out to get Darnold.

The jets put 100% of their eggs in the Rodgers basket some of us said at the time it was a risk reward move with HUGE risk.

• Upvote 3

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh and Douglas are still clinging to the ridiculous pretense that the rest of the free world is blind and stupid and that they’re the only ones who can see how awesome Kapono is.

Yeah because they gave Purdy. Yet our dunce of a gm didn't even work out any qbs yet. We have zach Wilson and some scrub named doyle

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

McCarthy ran the true west coast sh*t which is anathema to what Saleh runs and it showed today. Getting CeeDee Lamb iso’ed on LB’s, quick screens, little sail routes from the slot was tough to watch. I thought we adjusted well as the game went on, but their defense was already knee deep in Zach’s a$$hole by that point. 

Too many times Lamb was wide open in seams in the zone. I understand they had some DBs get hurt, but zone or not, you have to have a body on him every passing down.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh and Douglas are still clinging to the ridiculous pretense that the rest of the free world is blind and stupid and that they’re the only ones who rightly see how awesome Kapono is.

How many seasons have to be wasted on this bust of a clown Zach Wilson

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bugg said:

Too many times Lamb was wide open in seams in the zone. I understand they had some DBs get hurt, but zone or not, you have to have a body on him every passing down.

We have a good defense but this isn’t ‘85 Bears.  It might not even be as good as Rex’s D 2009-2010

Problem is Zach is horrible and cannot get first downs so yes our defense is going to give up points

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Same here. I couldn't post during the game at all. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Are we complaining about the OL or not?

When you face a pass rush like that the OC is supposed to make adjustments WE NEVER DO !! Dallas knew what to expect from our DL and they called the right game from the start. Knowing you have a terrible QB you need to tell him you have 2 seconds to get rid of the ball and call plays JUST LIKE DALLAS did in order to do that.

It was obvious last Week Parsons was stunting across the line over the center and we did NOTHING to pick it up Nothing. And he got numerous hits doing that and a sack.

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

The OL looks worse because Zach holds the ball forever. Considering the opponent, I thought they held up pretty well overall. I thought Romo summed it up well when he said (after the long throw along the sideline to Lazard) “Those are the types of throws that kinda make you not want to give up on Zach […] but he needs to get through reads quicker, etc” It was similar in tone to what the Manning bros were saying last week—if you can’t process, you can’t play because everything else goes to sh*t. You can only scheme up so many dig routes to Garrett Wilson that the safety misplays, allowing Wilson to run for a score. Cousins—as meh as he is—is an elite processor. He’d, at the very least, give everyone else a chance.

I agree about the slow processing, which is why I liked Mike White so much. I disagree about the OL. They looked like complete dogsh*t on far too many plays before the play could even develop. 

• Upvote 1