NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

Just now, Dunnie said:

Zach had a great day until he was playing hero ball three scores down.

The OL .. as I predicted .. along with the defense ... was the reason the game was lost.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Please Stop please a great day means he was driving the team and scoring points He had one good throw did that constitute a great day up until he started sh*tting all over himself, the field and all his teammates ?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

When you face a pass rush like that the OC is supposed to make adjustments WE NEVER DO !! Dallas knew what to expect from our DL and they called the right game from the start. Knowing you have a terrible QB you need to tell him you have 2 seconds to get rid of the ball and call plays JUST LIKE DALLAS did in order to do that.

It was obvious last Week Parsons was stunting across the line over the center and we did NOTHING to pick it up Nothing. And he got numerous hits doing that and a sack.

This is partially on Saleh. It's his job to ask his OC to try anything other than the same garbage. I watched this with Lafleur and now Hackett. No adjustments. Not a single gadget play to disturb the flow of the D. Not a single Jet sweep. Not a single reverse. Nothing. Nada. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Too many times Lamb was wide open in seams in the zone. I understand they had some DBs get hurt, but zone or not, you have to have a body on him every passing down.

The whole defense is predicated on keeping everything in front of them, forcing the QB to take the short stuff, and then running up and smashing the receiver if/when they make the catch. The problem today was that Dak is perfectly happy to play that way and CeeDee Lamb is 6’2”, 220 lbs and doesn’t care about getting hit. The guys who were most exposed today were Jermaine Johnson and Carl Lawson. Did they even play today? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

“A great day”

😆

Well clearly you haven't been paying much attention.

You see with the late kickoff Zach got to sleep in this morning, after having been upgraded to the presidential suite of the hotel, then had a fantastic lunch at a place that's virtually impossible to get a reservation.  You know, just a really great day all around.

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Let's not complain about the OL, it's an overreaction! @Barry McCockinner This line is pitiful, not the reason for AR's injury, but still an abomination. JD needs to be held accountable! 

The oline wasn't good today.

My argument the entire time about the oline was that it was fine with Aaron Rodgers because he gets rid of the ball quickly and knows how to adjust protections. Teams will play us differently with Zach Wilson at QB and he won't get rid of it on time a lot.

Ironically Rodgers was injured because he held the ball too long.

As for today, I'd have to go back and watch paying attention to oline but I was floored by what seemed like a complete lack of game planning for Micah Parsons. Where were the chips from TEs and/or RBs? It was like a free for all with him constantly getting a 1 on 1.

I don't know how many linemen in the league can lock him down with any sort of consistency 1 on 1 but I'd guess not many. Seemed like a stupid game plan to me.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Greg555 said:

Presser

”why couldn’t you get the running game going?”

Saleh:  “they were stacking the box.. etc”

duh..  even I knew they would stack the box..   So..Jets were  just helpless victims to it?

Translation:  “We didn’t have a counterpunch to this because our QB is incapable of taking advantage.”

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh and Douglas are still clinging to the ridiculous pretense that the rest of the free world is blind and stupid and that they’re the only ones who rightly see how awesome Kapono is.

Like how at my age, my mother still thinks I can grow up to be someone special.

Like, ha ha, mom jokes on you.

• Haha 4