Props to Wilson

Ghost

49 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Or maybe Zach just does not get them the ball ....when you throwing at a 45% completion rating for a game its hard to blame the guys your throwing too. Just look at the targets of the guys on the bottom

Take this however you want, but it's probably meaningful to look at his CMP% game by game.

Against KC and DEN, he was over 70%.  PHI was 57.6% but it's PHI and Reddick was giving him lap dances all day.  Last week you could certainly point to the rain, the leaky OL, and the drops.  Weeks 2 (DAL) and 3 (NE) were bad.  So you could argue that he has improved over the past 4 weeks from the first 3, but it's a subjective thing for now.  I think this week, vs. SD who does not have a great defense, in dry weather, should be an excellent indicator of where he is now.   

I'm willing to wait and see how this game goes before deciding anything.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

lol - one is the Bills game where Gipson returned the OT punt for a TD and another is the Eagles game where he handed it off to Breece for a TD after Adams picked the ball off.

It really was an awesome 4th quarter comeback last week. He was an incredibly lucky to have the opportunity after holding the ball too long and taking a sack on 4th and what should have been game. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=WilsZa00

#toxic

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

The 50-yard TD to Breece was the result of the Giants defense going full-on Keystone Kops with their angles. Zach Wilson was a lot closer to throwing for 90 yards in this game than he was 300.
Wrong. And if anything Breece gave it back when he dropped what would have been TD#2.

at least he's improved...somewhat. He wasn't deciphering anything last year. W's count above all. 

“The deep one—the first play of those 24 seconds—was not supposed to go to Garrett,” Wilson says. “We actually had a keeper, like a rollout to the right, called. But they put their defensive end in a super wide-nine technique. So I changed the protection to just stay in the pocket. We want to work the front side, but we obviously have Garrett on the backside, just so that we can have that option. And I knew it looked good presnap, so I changed the [protection] so that I could try to work him on the backside in-cut. …

“I feel like I’ve grown a lot and I don’t know if I would have been able to point that out in the past. I don’t know—I can’t say because I haven’t been in that situation.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/10/30/2023-week-8-jets-quarterback-zach-wilson-heroics-aaron-rodgers

This is all i needed to hear to confirm that this coaching staff has zero balls .... Zach changed the play and won the game . Period.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

at least he's improved...somewhat. He wasn't deciphering anything last year. W's count above all. 

“The deep one—the first play of those 24 seconds—was not supposed to go to Garrett,” Wilson says. “We actually had a keeper, like a rollout to the right, called. But they put their defensive end in a super wide-nine technique. So I changed the protection to just stay in the pocket. We want to work the front side, but we obviously have Garrett on the backside, just so that we can have that option. And I knew it looked good presnap, so I changed the [protection] so that I could try to work him on the backside in-cut. …

“I feel like I’ve grown a lot and I don’t know if I would have been able to point that out in the past. I don’t know—I can’t say because I haven’t been in that situation.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/10/30/2023-week-8-jets-quarterback-zach-wilson-heroics-aaron-rodgers

OMG!! @Matt39 Can you imagine how much better he would have done this weekend had he not gone back to Utah to spend time with family?? Family first!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

7 catches on 13 targets is not good.

Breece can't drop the ball in that situation, regardless of the weather.  It was late in the game.  Rain was a surprise to no one and it was a perfect pass in the flat.  Had Wilson thrown it at his feet or another dirt ball ala 2022, then everyone including me would call him out on it.  Breece is a big boy, he can take some criticism too.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

This is all i needed to hear to confirm that this coaching staff has zero balls .... Zach changed the play and won the game . Period.

The evil coaching staff gave him an audible that he finally learned how to use properly but that’s on the coaches?

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The evil coaching staff gave him an audible that he finally learned how to use properly but that’s on the coaches?

Wait ... you are saying the coaches gave him the audible before the play ?  Sounded to me like they just wanted to play it safe and keep it as a run. Kid helped win the game T0m.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Jets Negotiating With Lazard [Signed 4 years $44M] - Page 3 - NY Jets ...

• Haha 3

ZW’s QB play is improving.  His play can’t stagnate however..because it’s still not good enough.  
At least the arrow is pointing up for him and now he can finally play a string of games against lesser defenses.  
No excuses.  No more baby steps.  I have belief he will make that jump, but he’ll need Hackett to step up his game as the play-caller.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Greg555 said:

ZW’s QB play is improving.  His play can’t stagnate however..because it’s still not good enough.  
At least the arrow is pointing up for him and now he can finally play a string of games against lesser defenses.  
No excuses.  No more baby steps.  I have belief he will make that jump, but he’ll need Hackett to step up his game as the play-caller.  

holy sh*t! a fair, objective Jet fan, this is like a serious unicorn! Max, sign this guy long term!!

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

lol - one is the Bills game where Gipson returned the OT punt for a TD and another is the Eagles game where he handed it off to Breece for a TD after Adams picked the ball off.

It really was an awesome 4th quarter comeback last week. He was an incredibly lucky to have the opportunity after holding the ball too long and taking a sack on 4th and what should have been game. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=WilsZa00

#toxic

Didnt he drive the team in the 4th quarter to tie the game and take the lead? In bills game🤷🏼‍♂️.. I guess that doesn't count. 

• Sympathy 2

I found these two press clips to be interesting.  I like his attitude and demeanor.  He carries himself well under a difficult circumstance and seems more comfortable than I've seen before.  If you aren't irrevocably locked into despising him, you may find this worth watching.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Well said Mon Ami

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Didnt he drive the team in the 4th quarter to tie the game and take the lead? In bills game🤷🏼‍♂️.. I guess that doesn't count. 

They did drive down to tie the game in the 4th, then the Bills fumbled at the 27 on the first play after the kickoff and the Jets ran the ball 7 times and kicked a FG. 

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Wait ... you are saying the coaches gave him the audible before the play ?  Sounded to me like they just wanted to play it safe and keep it as a run. Kid helped win the game T0m.

He says it was a keeper but I have zero idea why they would call a run play with 24 seconds left. Unless it was a roll out, pass option kinda thing. If it wasn’t, yeah that’s a bad look. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They did drive down to tie the game in the 4th, then the Bills fumbled at the 27 on the first play after the kickoff and the Jets ran the ball 7 times and kicked a FG. 

OK great so they were down in the 4th and Zach drove the ball downfield to tie the game in a comeback. So does he not get credit for that, I am confused. 

3 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

OMG!! @Matt39 Can you imagine how much better he would have done this weekend had he not gone back to Utah to spend time with family?? Family first!!

So the alleged anti-Zach group are the only ones spamming the board and not having rational discussions about his growth as a player.  Got it.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3