Props to Wilson

Ghost

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Agreed.  While rodgers should return next year, will he even be ready to start the year?  And if so, how many games can he play anyway?  I think there’s still a chance that wilson doesn’t return and they draft a guy in the 3rd round to groom.  

I think Rodgers will be ready for training camp to be honest and if Wilson plays to an average of the KC and DENVER games then I think that’s plenty reason for the Jets to keep him as the back up and see if he can’t develop further.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Some of you are seriously unbelievable. God bless the people that live with some of you.  

Had Wilson played awful, like his normal self, everyone would say “only if he can play good enough to not lose.” Zach Wilson comes out and plays good enough to not lose yet everyone is pissed off. 

He did not play great but some of Wilson’s throws in the 2nd half helped us get this win. 2-3. All you negative posters, lick my balls. Enjoy the win assholes! 

The Zach haters can't help themselves. they refuse to acknowledge his clear improvement from last year.

Its more important for them to feel right that he was a bust than it is for them to admit he IS improving. I agree he is not a great QB at the moment but he is a serviceable one and as long as he keeps getting better we should support him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Jetfuel66 said:

The Zach haters can't help themselves. they refuse to acknowledge his clear improvement from last year.

Yet another BS narrative. "Clear improvement"? 

No where to go, but up. LMFAO

It's still not enough. He's not even an asset. 

Just stop it. The Jets have a good team, they need a good (at the very least) QB. 

How can you not see this? It's painful to watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He played more than well enough to win.  This wasn’t a repeat of last year’s Denver game and this week their defense got 3 key defenders back.

RedZone play calling left a lot to be desired but, overall, I thought Hackett exploited Denver beautifully.

The pick is on Wilson, Surtain II making a phenomenal play, and coaches.  I don’t care if you think it’s silly to even need to mention it, but someone has to grab Zach by the ear and tell him “Unless something is completely wide open, you take off and run or go down in FG range and let us bleed the clock.”

Final note:

Sean Payton reaped what he sowed.  Coaching is a brotherhood and Sean is the brother you avoid at Thanksgiving.

There was nothing wrong with that throw. Garrett should have caught it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

lol, look whose got some beer muscles now Ronny boy, who the hell needs to look relevant on a jets message board? dick head? you cant do better than that?

Yeah, time to put you on ignore you worthless sh*t bag. Buh bye. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Some of you are seriously unbelievable. God bless the people that live with some of you.  

Had Wilson played awful, like his normal self, everyone would say “only if he can play good enough to not lose.” Zach Wilson comes out and plays good enough to not lose yet everyone is pissed off. 

He did not play great but some of Wilson’s throws in the 2nd half helped us get this win. 2-3. All you negative posters, lick my balls. Enjoy the win assholes! 

Well said, good Sir!

• Upvote 1

Relatively made it through the game with only 2 bad decisions. Which is big for a team designed the way we are. That he doesn’t have to be the guy.

That being said… to beat PHI he’ll have to play like he did against KC for us to stand a chance. A game like today and we lose by 10+

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He played more than well enough to win.  This wasn’t a repeat of last year’s Denver game and this week their defense got 3 key defenders back.

RedZone play calling left a lot to be desired but, overall, I thought Hackett exploited Denver beautifully.

Pretty much this, this fan base is so demented and hateful that they blow Gardner Minshew for a similar stat line to what ZW did today, yet rag on ZW who is a backup QB at this point

Hacketts running game opened up huge holes for Hall, which was great, I thought he was far too predictable and conservative at times, but that was likely Saleh since thats his MO

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The narrative would be different here if the Jets lost the 2 fumbles by Wilson and that play at he end of the first half was inexcusable. 

It was, but why is there any route short of the red zone? And why did it take so long to line up. 

Zach had 2 mistakes, the int and the long pass to GW where he caught it out of bounds. 2 feet inbounds and GW could have scored. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Denver had been one of the worst pass defences in the history of the league through 4 games.

Zach was bad. 

38 ppg allowed entering today and these guys are like “Hey man he didn’t completely trip over his d**k.”

Then we remind them that he DID in fact trip over his own d**k and they’re like “Yeah, but that was only like 4 times.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

He’s better than he was last year 

he threw some pretty balls today 

but he’s still not good enough 

the checkdown before halftime can’t happen

the pick can’t happen (although that was PI!!)

he did make some big throws in the second half  

This is where I am. 

55 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s not good but he’s better than last year or the year before. With this version you can win games, and i do think they would score more tds if they attacked the end zone instead of settling.  But still it feels like this is what we should have seen year 1 from him, and that you build off of this.  It’s taken 3 seasons to get to this point and you wonder if there’s anymore growth.

That is what I keep coming back to. If this is the cap, then he's a career backup. 

We won. That's all that matters as long as Joe D. Isn't delusional and thinking that this kid is the answer. Because right now he is not. He loses both fumbles and defense doesn't save the day people would be calling for his head. He recovered the fumbles and we won, so hey, no harm no foul. But anyone who has watched one game of football can see Zach has serious holes in his game. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

It was, but why is there any route short of the red zone? And why did it take so long to line up. 

Zach had 2 mistakes, the int and the long pass to GW where he caught it out of bounds. 2 feet inbounds and GW could have scored. 

I don't know why but you have to trust an NFL QB to not throw that pass with 10 seconds to go and no TO's and with no chance of getting in the EZ or out of bounds. It was the dumbest play he's made since he checked down on a 4th and 10 late in the game against NE. It's inexcusable for a 3rd year QB to be making these bonehead plays. He also had more mistakes and fumbled twice which were lucky to recover. He has been better than last year overall but it's not good enough. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Yet another BS narrative. "Clear improvement"? 

No where to go, but up. LMFAO

It's still not enough. He's not even an asset. 

Just stop it. The Jets have a good team, they need a good (at the very least) QB. 

How can you not see this? It's painful to watch.

I see tons of improvement. If you don't you're simply not looking.

Take off the hate shades. He's our QB until AR comes back.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1