Props to Wilson

Ghost

2 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

Zach is horrible. He has a "decent" drive here in there, but 75% if his game is sh*t. Absolute sh*t. Win or lose, and today was a miracle. LOL

Just stop. Put the kid out of his misery and start Trevor Siemian against the Eagles. 

75% completion percentage?  It was 73%, but close enough.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agree with the bold.  I blame the play calling on the play before the half.

When you compare this ZW to the one from the Patriots and Jax games last year, he's miles better.  Last year he couldn't do anything.  He was an absolute MESS.  This year his bad game is 19/26 for 199 yards.  And he didn't play as well as those stats might indicate, he was still able to make some plays for us (including a big 3rd down pass late in the 4th quarter).  I'll admit that his game overall today was a disappointment to me (I was hoping ZW had turned the corner) but I still think he's showing signs that he can be contribute to victories rather than having to just be schemed around so they can hide him.  

image.png.bf32ecdea74708192ebdf7f0dd96c3af.png

Reminder that Zach is our QB2.

The problem is that he has improved (in a two game sample size)  from "insanely bad" to "just bad". I suppose he could continue to improve but idk man

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Lazard is a legit #2. Look at all the plays he made in GB. The reason he doesn't  look very good is who is throwing him the ball. 

Lazard is almost a jag who has special friendship with one QB.   he has had one year with 60 catches and like 35-40 his other years he is about a 500 yard Wr.

He is not a legit #2 at all for any team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

With Wilson I don’t expect him to ever be “good” — it’s simply “was he good enough for us to win.”

Bills — He was good enough for us to win and we won.

Cowboys — He sucked but we ran into a buzz saw and got killed — not his fault we lost.

Pats — He was not good enough for us to win. His fault we lost.

Chiefs — He was good enough for us to win. Not his fault we lost.

Broncos — He was good enough for us to win and we won.

The Bills game I don't really think he played very well.  I think we won in spite of him.  

Dallas he didn't do much but he wasn't allowed to do much.  He didn't kill us for 3 quarters.  Once we trailed by 3 scores in the 4th quarter, he played badly.  Overall, I don't think he was at fault for the loss (our defense, OL and coaching were terrible) but I also don't think he did enough to earn a passing grade.

The Pats game, he stunk.

The Chiefs game, he was actually good.  I wish he could bottle that performance

Today's game, I think he was barely good enough to get us to a win. 

I know some will see this as a crazy comment but I'm still seeing potential in him. Those games he played against Jax and NWE last year, he was truly awful.  He looked completely lost to the point where I wasn't sure it would be possible for him to come back from it.  This year, he's much better with the shorter throws.  No more bounce passes or air mailed passes.  I know that's not saying that much but it's definitely a start.  Plus the last 2 games he's made some very impressive passes that have helped us (rather than just been good in the "play not to lose" sense).

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Some of you are seriously unbelievable. God bless the people that live with some of you.  

Had Wilson played awful, like his normal self, everyone would say “only if he can play good enough to not lose.” Zach Wilson comes out and plays good enough to not lose yet everyone is pissed off. 

He did not play great but some of Wilson’s throws in the 2nd half helped us get this win. 2-3. All you negative posters, lick my balls. Enjoy the win assholes! 

You ve been one of his biggest critics.

Kudos to you for being able to see that he is improving and noting it.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

So, our QB had a 73% comp. %, 199 yards...in a win..and the bulk of the fans here hate him for it.  

I really have to question how many of your are actually Jet fans...Or just love to live in misery. At this point I'm not even sure y'all realize it.

I kinda feel sorry you.

It's very bizarre.....

It’s a mental health issue. If they can’t see the vast improvement then they’re blind. 

Maybe they should rewatch the Pats game. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

9 of which came on defense. Congratulations to the offense scoring 1 less than league average against the worst defense in recent history 

Are you saying that all of the points that contributed to Denver's PPG average were only from opposing teams' offenses?  

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

So, our QB had a 73% comp. %, 199 yards...in a win..and the bulk of the fans here hate him for it.  

I really have to question how many of your are actually Jet fans...Or just love to live in misery. At this point I'm not even sure y'all realize it.

I kinda feel sorry you.

It's very bizarre.....

Woah, I didn't realize he had 199 yards. This changes everything.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agree with the bold.  I blame the play calling on the play before the half.

why, he is the QB and can call audibles and like he said in his presser he should have just thrown it Out of Bounds.

this is situational football. football 101. he should have known that Uzamah had no chance to score or get out of bounds but he threw it anyway. then he knows his has little time and isnt running up to spike the ball. its sad in year 3 he doesnt have basic football IQ to know these things.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Glad you saw the light.  Last season I recall you calling the folks complaining about QB play when the team was 5-2 “lame” or whatever.

It’s a travesty any time a loaded roster gets derailed purely by putrid QB play.  No one should be happy right now.  

LOL

It's funny because I read comments that criticize him and I think they're fair.  But I also read some comments that praise him and I also think they're fair.  Fwiw, I still see a lot of progress in him and I think there's hope that he can still improve quite a bit.  I agree with the critics that he definitely needs to improve but I'm fine with him still being our starter.  There's no way in heck I'd want Siemian or Boyle in there over him right now.

Next week we have the Eagles, the other SB participant and a team we've never beaten in franchise history.  That will be a fascinating measuring stick for ZW.  This feels like an unwinnable game but I want to see how ZW competes in this one.  It will also be a very good test for our defense.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

why, he is the QB and can call audibles and like he said in his presser he should have just thrown it Out of Bounds.

this is situational football. football 101. he should have known that Uzamah had no chance to score or get out of bounds but he threw it anyway. then he knows his has little time and isnt running up to spike the ball. its sad in year 3 he doesnt have basic football IQ to know these things.

We know ZW still has a lot to improve on.  Why in the world would our OC call a play that could potential cause the clock to run out without us getting a FG chance?  It was already a gimme FG.  What was the point of a play that gained a few more yards?  Either go for the TD there or kick the FG.  

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If I am a negative nancy then you have a bone to pick with the legion of guys ragging on wilson 10 times in every threads.

Zach “haters” are actually among the most positive about the rest of the roster.

This team is getting Sanchez’d.  Except Zach is worse than Sanchez.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Wilson was pedestrian at best.  When he needed to make a play, more times than not he DIDN'T.  Hall and the defense bailed him out today and this is the exact formula the Jets are going to need the rest of the way to get W's because Wilson is not and will never be capable of consistently strapping a team on his back when it matters.

19/26, 200 yards, game winning QB, with best running back in the NFL, is not pedestrian. 

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I kinda feel sorry you.

It's very bizarre.....

He’s the weakest link.  That’s the issue.  

Also:  1 INT & 2 fumbles. Just a reminder for ya.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I kinda feel sorry you.

It's very bizarre.....

Some posters say this team sux and they will never be anything with Zach. That could ULTIMATELY be true, but we don't know, yet. But others are convinced that is so right NOW. So why come here on the game thread if you think the season is over? Not judging, just curious. I have felt that way in past years and I wouldn't bother posting, especially on the game thread.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

Serious question - why didn't the vet Uzomah simply drop the pass ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Breece Hall had more rushing yards than Zach Wilson passed for.

Don’t be like this, Tuscany.  Just don’t.  You’re smarter than this.  I think.  

But if Breece had a bad game (e.g. a Dalvin Cook stat line), people would blame it on "ZW is bad and the defense loaded the box".  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

People deeply underestimating how much time, energy, and how many wasted resources are going into propping Zach Wilson up right now. 

A diamond in the rough takes time, energy & resources to make it shine … but when it Does, Look Out. 👍😉

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Breece is a monster regardless and Zach sucks regardless.  He can’t take advantage if the defense had 8 guys total out there dude. 

Breece is certainly a monster but I'm pretty sure I've read that opinion when he had the bad game against Dallas.  

Ftr, I realize ZW still has a long way to go, but I am seeing improvement in his game.  Next week has a real chance to get ugly though.  We really have to hope our OL can hold it together against Philly.  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Breece is certainly a monster but I'm pretty sure I've read that opinion when he had the bad game against Dallas.  

Ftr, I realize ZW still has a long way to go, but I am seeing improvement in his game.  Next week has a real chance to get ugly though.  We really have to hope our OL can hold it together against Philly.  

Maybe he’ll get there by year 13 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Im traveling so following it on Sportsline and cant comment on Zac’s play.  He was 19/26 for 200 yds so statistically not too bad.

The one  criticism I feel comfortable making is Saleh again kicking on 4 th and 1 in the fourth qter with like 7 mins to go.  We ran all over these guys and getting a first there would have killed more clock and possibly led to a TD that would have made a comeback unlikely.  Instead Denver marched right down and got the TD and 2 pt conversion to make it close.    I generally like Saleh but he needs to grow a pair.  That decision almost cost him the game.

So many of these DCs who get upped to HC are basically cookie cutter.  Their Offenses are run “scared” because they think they can always win the game with their defense.  Not a good strategy in this Era.

• Upvote 4