My Personal Taylor Swift Theory (not officiating)

JohnnyLV

So the Philly Jets 4pm game was the highest rated game since the SB, and the 2 and 3 games are also Jets games.

Game 1 was for Rodgers, but it got me thinking.

We know that probably millions of non football fans tuned into the KC game. Likely a vast majority of those women.

My thought though is that during the game a couple things happened. 

They realized they liked football and that a good amount of them liked the Jets not KC

I think the Jets fanbase increased dramatically maybe in the millions from that game and in a demographic that does not usually or had ever watched football

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

So the Philly Jets 4pm game was the highest rated game since the SB, and the 2 and 3 games are also Jets games.

We know that probably millions of non football fans tuned into the KC game. Likely a vast majority of those women.

They realized they liked football and that a good amount of them liked the Jets not KC

I think the Jets fanbase increased dramatically maybe in the millions from that game and in a demographic that does not usually or had ever watched football

or maybe it has to do with two major east coast media markets tuning in, including fans from afc east teams and nfc east teams watching to see how a div rival will do ???

location, location. location

either that or the swift fans thought zach wilson was a teenage girl 

58 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

So Taylor Swift fans, who never watched football, decided during that one game, that they'll now start watching football and not for the team her bf is on but for the NY Jets? 

I Guess Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

So Taylor Swift fans, who never watched football, decided during that one game, that they'll now start watching football and not for the team her bf is on but for the NY Jets? 

I Guess Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

F the bandwagoners. We don't want your fake ass here, you don't know the real meaning of suffering as a NY Jeta fan. FU!

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

30 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

or maybe it has to do with two major east coast media markets tuning in, including fans from afc east teams and nfc east teams watching to see how a div rival will do ???

location, location. location

either that or the swift fans thought zach wilson was a teenage girl 

Were the Jets Eagles the top rated game four years ago?

I honesty don't know - can't find it either (I tried)

7 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

I love a Taylor conspiracy theory as much as any other red-blooded freedom loving American, but as previously discussed Philly Jets was most watched because it ended significantly later than any other game.

So it dragged out... just like her fame? 

Hmmmmmm.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

I could see how Saleh's "all hype, no substance" persona would mesh well with Swifties.

Saleh is a very sexy beast, between him and Zach they got all Milfs, Daddy issue debutantes and lotta dudes @JiF looking. I like this theory. It’s got, errrr. Legs. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

It's me.

I've been walking around in a Jets hat the past few weeks.

That's drawn the attention of millions of women. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

As much as we make fun of all of this, there really is a possible benefit.   Just a few new football fans may come out of it.   Girls (or guys) who had no interest in football sit down next to dad or mom to watch the game only due to Taylor Swift, they watch the game and perhaps become a fan.

I know i know.....but people have become fans of certain teams for worse reasons.  (see 90% of us jets fans)

• Upvote 1

Lol, I’m gonna tell you what happened @JohnnyLV

The Jets acquired Aaron Rodgers. The Jets were then on Hard Knocks “against their will,” which was clearly must-see TV. Jets’ fans, Rodgers’ fans, their haters (lol), and hardcore football fans watched that HK and fell for this football team. I mean, we have challenges here everyday but, this is a hard group not to root for. 

So then they all tuned in for the MNF only to see Rodgers go down & out in four plays. Yet, they couldn’t turn away as this team refused to go away after losing their hero QB. They were rewarded with a game that stretched into OT and was won on a punt return TD by an undrafted FA who happened to be featured in Hard Knocks. The deal was sealed. 

Then they tuned in for Mahomes and Swift, only to see the Jets get robbed, followed by the all-time losing streak against the Eagles broken in the most watched game so far this year. 

We are America’s Team, and it’s not because of some disproportional number of Swifties. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

17 year old girls got a look at our dreamy QB. He may be meh, but the kid is cute. My wife thinks he's adorable, but worries about a 15 year old playing in the NFL.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As much as we make fun of all of this, there really is a possible benefit.   Just a few new football fans may come out of it.   Girls (or guys) who had no interest in football sit down next to dad or mom to watch the game only due to Taylor Swift, they watch the game and perhaps become a fan.

I know i know.....but people have become fans of certain teams for worse reasons.  (see 90% of us jets fans)

I liked the Jets because Green was my favorite color, and when I was 4 Gerard Rayder gave me a little Jets uniform for my birthday. Stuck with them even after we moved to Florida when I was 5, because, imprinting//core memory//stubbornness.

Hooray, me. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Sorry, but any person who watched that game purely because they thought they might get a glimpse of Taylor ******* Swift needs to seriously sort their life out

When I was 12, if Luke Skywalker was going to be on something I tuned in. I even watched Corvette Summer. Ew

• Haha 1