Hackett Presser "We sucked in the Red Zone and 3rd Down"

kevinc855

I dunno what stats everybody is looking at, but other than the won loss record, which to be fair since they have played one more game than us, is the difference between 2-4 and 3-3--- the Jets and Giants on offense and defense are similar, but the Giants have a better TOP (I think the Jets are dead last in the NFL). 

Dunno, I just think this whole "they suck and we're much better" narrative is fantasy.

Having said that, the Jets should win this game. I think the Jets win. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

I dunno what stats everybody is looking at, but other than the won loss record, which to be fair since they have played one more game than us, is the difference between 2-4 and 3-3--- the Jets and Giants on offense and defense are similar, but the Giants have a better TOP (I think the Jets are dead last in the NFL). 

Dunno, I just think this whole "they suck and we're much better" narrative is fantasy.

Well said.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

The Giants basically got blown out in 4 of their first 5 games and I think people are overreacting to that. First impressions are huge. 

I think it will be a close game that the Jets should (hopefully) win. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

I dunno what stats everybody is looking at, but other than the won loss record, which to be fair since they have played one more game than us, is the difference between 2-4 and 3-3-

The Giants wins are against the Cardinals and the Commies....

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

The Jets have a top 5 defense. Top 10 at worse. The Giants defense is not similar.

On offense. Yea. Both teams are similar. Injuries along the OL, etc

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

So he's not calling it the Gold Zone anymore?

If you gave him truth serum I bet he would admit to calling it the Brown Zone.  We have a QB with an inability to recognize a defense, poor field vision, and very little confidence.  Hard to tell if we are scheming anyone open or if ZW just can't see it and/or pull the trigger quick enough.  The windows in the end zone are incredibly tight and to me it seems we don't even attempt passes into the end zone on most of our opportunities.

40 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

If you gave him truth serum I bet he would admit to calling it the Brown Zone.  We have a QB with an inability to recognize a defense, poor field vision, and very little confidence.  Hard to tell if we are scheming anyone open or if ZW just can't see it and/or pull the trigger quick enough.  The windows in the end zone are incredibly tight and to me it seems we don't even attempt passes into the end zone on most of our opportunities.

The brown zone is in Zach's pants on 3rd downs.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Barkus said:

Fail You Blew It GIF by C8

Hope Hackett had some ideas to fix the situation over the bye.

I hope he watched the All-22 of the Chiefs, Jacksonville, Eagles, SF and any other team that uses a lot of misdirection and motion.

We run vanilla sets with static motion. Open it up a bit. Get Hall more involved in the passing game

• Upvote 1

Ya guys our teams are scarily similar. Giants get a boost if Danny Dimes is still pulling slivers out his ass. The last time we faced Tyrod Taylor I believe was 2015, last game in Buffalo. (many of us have blocked that game out of our memories).

Both teams struggle on offense, and on paper in every statistical category, the Giants have the better defense too.

And this is a home game for the Giants.

Our only hope is this is a trap game and the Gmen overlook us looking ahead to their match up against 'da Raiders.

This is gonna be a tight, hard fought game: Jets 41 Giants 3 

🤣

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Giants are so bad yet their qb threw for 2 tds and almost 300 yards last week.  Our qb in the last 2 weeks has thrown 0 tds and under 200 yards a game.  

QB is the most important position on the field.  Theirs throws tds ours doesnt.

We are not better then then Giants by any stretch of the imagination.  This game is a toss up.  We will need to play our best game of the year to win.

Giants are garbage. Daniel jones is garbage. They refuse to admit how bad they have been with jones. They are lucky jones is out again. Taylor is definitely their better qb, best qb in ny right now. But that is the ONLY position they have edge on jets. Jets D should run right through their weak OL, without needing added rushed. 

2 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Ya guys our teams are scarily similar. Giants get a boost if Danny Dimes is still pulling slivers out his ass. The last time we faced Tyrod Taylor I believe was 2015, last game in Buffalo. (many of us have blocked that game out of our memories).

Both teams struggle on offense, and on paper in every statistical category, the Giants have the better defense too.

And this is a home game for the Giants.

Our only hope is this is a trap game and the Gmen overlook us looking ahead to their match up against 'da Raiders.

This is gonna be a tight, hard fought game: Jets 41 Giants 3 

🤣

Played Tyrod last year, bro. Knocked him into IR on a safety. JFC

• Upvote 1

The Giants have scored 85 points, while giving up double that amount in 7 games. That’s embarrassing. And we will likely have our entire defense healthy. This game screams 17-3. All Zach needs to do is hand the ball off to Breece, throw a couple of slants and screens, and not turn the ball over. Something he has been doing very well. Personally I don’t care if he takes 7 sacks. If we take care of the ball, we win. Period. 

32 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

The Giants have scored 85 points, while giving up double that amount in 7 games. That’s embarrassing. And we will likely have our entire defense healthy. This game screams 17-3. All Zach needs to do is hand the ball off to Breece, throw a couple of slants and screens, and not turn the ball over. Something he has been doing very well. Personally I don’t care if he takes 7 sacks. If we take care of the ball, we win. Period. 

85 points, but over a third of them came against the Cardinals

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Giants are so bad yet their qb threw for 2 tds and almost 300 yards last week.  Our qb in the last 2 weeks has thrown 0 tds and under 200 yards a game.  

We are not better then then Giants by any stretch of the imagination.  This game is a toss up.  We will need to play our best game of the year to win.

OMG - WE WON THE PAST 2 GAMES!!!! 

Who the hell cares about stats???? If we are winning games by playing defense and running the ball, and not turning the ball over, then why does it matter? Zach is our backup QB. His job is to not lose the game by making dumb mistakes. These mistakes that he made last year, but has improved upon this year. 

You seem to care more about stats than wins. If Zach's stat is 9-14 with 90 yards and 0 TDs and 0 INTs, and we win 17-3, then we should all be happy. The fact that you cant see that we are a better team than the Giants and your reasoning is QB TDs, shows that you have issues. 

Zach has improved every week. His decision making has been conservative because coaching has implored him NOT to turn the ball over, because our defense has been dominating. He is doing his job. Sure he needs to be better on 3rd down and in the red zone, but I would much rather him take a sack and get a FG, than throw an INT. 

We just beat the NFC Champs with this mentality and nearly beat the Super Bowl Champs, the same way. If we cannot beat the Giants, then God help us. 

Get over the stats. Geez.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JETS SB said:

OMG - WE WON THE PAST 2 GAMES!!!! 

Who the hell cares about stats???? If we are winning games by playing defense and running the ball, and not turning the ball over, then why does it matter? Zach is our backup QB. His job is to not lose the game by making dumb mistakes. These mistakes that he made last year, but has improved upon this year. 

You seem to care more about stats than wins. If Zach's stat is 9-14 with 90 yards and 0 TDs and 0 INTs, and we win 17-3, then we should all be happy. The fact that you cant see that we are a better team than the Giants and your reasoning is QB TDs, shows that you have issues. 

Zach has improved every week. His decision making has been conservative because coaching has implored him NOT to turn the ball over, because our defense has been dominating. He is doing his job. Sure he needs to be better on 3rd down and in the red zone, but I would much rather him take a sack and get a FG, than throw an INT. 

We just beat the NFC Champs with this mentality and nearly beat the Super Bowl Champs, the same way. If we cannot beat the Giants, then God help us. 

Get over the stats. Geez.

While I understand your point, dismissing stats all together is not a good strategy either. We have largely won because our defense has forced turnovers, prevented second half points, and our run game is back with Breece healthy. The offense has been dogsh*t in the red zone and you are not going to win, in today's league, with the lack of production we've had in the red zone. 

The only game our offense bailed out the defense was against Kansas City. Outside of that game, our defense has held us together, which is not a good recipe for the entire season. Denver was a very close game because of that. Philly the same. We need to start scoring points. The stats prove that, as does the eye test 

13 hours ago, Hex said:

And yet, despite that, the Giants managed a measly 14 points against one of the worst defenses in the league.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many yards the QB throws for. The Giants can't score. Taylor was the only player on the entire offense doing anything.

Just because their QB is marginally better and threw 2 TDs against the 29th ranked scoring offense doesn't mean the Giants are better than the Jets. To think as such is laughable. The Jets have by far the better defense, and the Jets offense scores more against better teams.

Hard to gauge. NE should have been a win, but we have played better since then and hopefully the Rodgers affect is permeating through the team to keep the necessary mindset to play to their potential. Only thing is the formula is lockdown D especially in the 2nd half, and while pretty good driving between the 20’s, the best chance for scoring in the RZ is a run by Hall. Unless the O changes it will be that level of being conservative in that area as long as the D keeps up these 2nd half type games. This plus solid STs is what is the mindset since a more aggressive mindset can out the D at risk of not being able to win the game. But, there will be a point where the D can’t always do that and the O has to make some plays to win the game. Lets see. But, no game is a given since when you hold teams to around 17-20 points per game and score only around 20 points per game like Jets are doing, every game is close and a tossup no matter who you play.

^ ... What it's like to be completely wrong

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We suck in the redzone becasue our qb is gun shy.  He wont take any slight risk down there.  Its been drilled into him that 3 points inst bad.

Now this needed to be drilled into him because he was reckless with the ball at one time.

Now they need to tell him to try and pull the trigger more often in the redzone.  Move him from the red card to the yellow card.

It's not just the QB tho. We can't run inside the 10 either.

21 hours ago, JetPotato said:

So he's not calling it the Gold Zone anymore?

this MF'er had jokes all summer about the GOLD ZONE 

hahaha gold finger, get it? 

it's like the best movie ever

Meanwhile Paul, I mean Nathaniel Hackett shouldn't be employed by any NFL team in any capacity 

the dude is the offensive coordinator and his job description is "let Aaron call the play at the line" 

that's not a system it's a backyard flag football idea 

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We suck in the redzone becasue our qb is gun shy.  He wont take any slight risk down there.  Its been drilled into him that 3 points inst bad.

Now this needed to be drilled into him because he was reckless with the ball at one time.

Now they need to tell him to try and pull the trigger more often in the redzone.  Move him from the red card to the yellow card.

The Jets sucked at this because the JN captain and JN GM @T0mShane let us down.

Luckily @Dunnie is turning things around, so things will get better after the bye.  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Half right.  If you look at the Philly tape, we were 0-4 in the RZ.

2 drops

2 killer penalties

Missed penalty on Eagles

Naked bootleg to the weak side that resulted in a sack

Killer plays and none Zach's fault, unless you feel he had enough time to avoid an unblocked Hassan Reddick bearing down on him with .2 seconds to throw.

The sack was half Zach's fault. There was supposed to be an outlet but he was slow in getting his head around too. We ran same play later and Zach had his head on a swivel.