Trevor Siemian

TNJet

I'm about ready to let this guy take some reps with the first team in practice. We aren't going to win any more games with the offense scoring less than 10 points a game. Hell, its worth a shot to see if we can salvage the post season for a Rodgers return. Wilson will just end the season at 6-11 at best.

• Upvote 3

Just now, TNJet said:

I'm about ready to let this guy take some reps with the first team in practice. We aren't going to win any more games with the offense scoring less than 10 points a game. Hell, its worth a shot to see if we can salvage the post season for a Rodgers return. Wilson will just end the season at 6-11 at best.

He is not even active on games days, that is how utterly brilliant the people running this team are.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

You may be ready, as am I, but unfortunately those who make the decisions for this team are not.  So this Sunday it will be deja vu, all over again.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

You may be ready, as am I, but unfortunately those who make the decisions for this team are not.  So this Sunday it will be deja vu, all over again.

That is so frustrating. Have to change something.

• Upvote 1

The coaching staff clearly thinks Boyle is ahead of Siemian.  Boyle is one Zach injury away from taking snaps in real games while Siemian is on the practice squad and not even dressing for games.

In all honesty, I thought Boyle outperformed Zach in the preseason.  I wouldn't mind giving him a shot if Saleh ever decides to bench Zach.  I don't see Siemian being any better than Boyle until proven otherwise.

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is so frustrating. Have to change something.

It is so frustrating thinking that we have another 9 games to go and no reason to think it will change.  We are going to need to rely on defense and ST to win games if we can keep them close enough.

I expect another 9 games of boring and uninspired football.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

It is so frustrating thinking that we have another 9 games to go and no reason to think it will change.  We are going to need to rely on defense and ST to win games if we can keep them close enough.

The other day @T0mShane said the Saleh hourglass needs to be flipped over. This was before the Chargers game.

It seemed far fetched to me at the time but seeing the reluctance to face reality just changes everything.

So sad, it doesn't have to be this way.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, TNJet said:

you mean it's been your decision all along?

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The other day @T0mShane said the Saleh hourglass needs to be flipped over. This was before the Chargers game.

It seemed far fetched to me at the time but seeing the reluctance to face reality just changes everything.

I am coming around to that way of thinking.  On the one hand, with all the injuries, roster that is very thin in certain spots, Saleh has found a way to get us to 4-4.   But it is hard to watch this team and think they are well coached.  The slow starts, generally on both sides of the ball.  The overly conservative approach to offense.  Hesitancy to make line up changes for reasons other than injury.

He coaches to keep games close and try to win them late with a big play and it has worked in 3 games (not counting Denver were we led most of the second half).  But in both the Giants and Eagles games it worked because the other team screwed up in the last two minutes.  Those wins were gifts.  

Still, I would be shocked if either Saleh or JD is gone end of the season.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TNJet said:

You are ready?  I'll advise Woody when I go by his office.  

Thank you TNJet! Thank you!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

and frustrating to now we are still an average QB awa from making a wild card berth.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, TNJet said:

i didn't picture Salah as a Tennessee guy.

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am coming around to that way of thinking.  On the one hand, with all the injuries, roster that is very thin in certain spots, Saleh has found a way to get us to 4-4.   But it is hard to watch this team and think they are well coached.  The slow starts, generally on both sides of the ball.  The overly conservative approach to offense.  Hesitancy to make line up changes for reasons other than injury.

He coaches to keep games close and try to win them late with a big play and it has worked in 3 games (not counting Denver were we led most of the second half).  But in both the Giants and Eagles games it worked because the other team screwed up in the last two minutes.  Those wins were gifts.  

with this roster he's been able to get wins over a couple of really good teams and take the chiefs pretty close.  i think many would say that's a good coaching job.

9 minutes ago, hawk said:

You are ready?  I'll advise Woody when I go by his office.  

Thank you TNJet! Thank you!

Oh wow I didnt know you were going there this week.

Can you ask him to do something about the bathroom lines on game day? People have to keep walking in, a line forms and there are empty urinals.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is not a coaches decision.  That is painfully obvious.

The coaching staff had proven it will sit their starters if not producing.  He'll Lawson isn't even active.

Does anyone think that if a Bill Belicheck was the head coach Wilson would be gone already?

Look at the coach in Atlanta.  Winning team benched his starting QB.

My biggest issue with Saleh, he is ballless when it comes to standing up to his boss.  It's his future and as a head coach he has earned the right to say know, you hired me to do a job, let me do it or fire me.

Anyone think there is a coindence Belicheck retired when Woody bought the Jets?

45 minutes ago, TNJet said:

put him in coach!

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Can you ask him to do something about the bathroom lines on game day? People have to keep walking in, a line forms and there are empty urinals.

Thanks.

I did, a week or so ago, he said that he was going to gave to eliminate 20% of restrooms, and will rent some additional outhouses when the new rate hick kicks in.

19 minutes ago, Wit said:

Where is my man @footballguy?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

for what? have you seen every post he has made since Zach has been here?

i will help you out, just play back everything Saleh has ever said about Zach

Zach is our guy....Zach is improving....we have total confidence in him....he is the future

now you know what Football guy will say. in fact i think he might just be Robert Saleh.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Wit said:

Where is my man @footballguy?

All that dude provides these days is the company line about "Zach improving" and sh*t.  Worthless info.  All it really tells us, if he's tapped in, is that there's a whole lot of groupthink and "yes man" stuff going on at 1 Jets Drive.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks.

but you probably have more power than you think. your the head of a Jet forum that has what?? maybe a thousand members?

your like the head of a union going to fight the bosses. 

get word to the Jets that we had a poll of our thousand members and everyone except 5 people, who we think might all be Zachs mom, want Zach benched and gone. and if not were going to the next home game all with signs that say we want Woody gone, sell the team... 

lets see how he likes that, especially on a National game.

or you guys will just hang in the parking lot and tailgate all game, show all those empty seats..

you got some pull brother, you just dont know it yet.

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All that dude provides these days is the company line about "Zach improving" and sh*t.  Worthless info.  All it really tells us, if he's tapped in, is that there's a whole lot of groupthink and "yes man" stuff going on at 1 Jets Drive.

Yeah it’s one thing if he reports it. It’s another to support Wilson, the decision to start him  and be behind him. F that guy. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

I saw somewhere that Trevor Siemian, who is no all-star, has started as many games as Zach Wilson but has 2x as many touch down passes.

Yet he is on the Practice Squad.  

Joe Douglas inverted logic.

He wants to trumpet the strength of the defense he’s built by showing the world they are so good they can even win games by overcoming the quagmire that is the Zach Wilson experience.