Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

7 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

no not really. i'll root for the jets to play well but barely lose. winning does nothing except guarantee another season of dumber and dumbest (although they are probably safe anyway) and a sh*ttier draft pick. winning does nothing for this team

Well, I'd wager that most players play for personal pride, if not to pad their numbers come contract time. They don't give a hoot where the team is drafting in April.  

8 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

They aren’t drafting a QB in round 1 in 2024

I think it all depends on how Zach plays the rest of the year. If he bombs out, then I believe they will definitely move on and perhaps, if they have a high pick and a top Qb is sitting there, they find a way to take one. If he plays well, then they squash the idea and take best OL available. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2-2 and 7-10 is the likely outcome. Beating NE and Wash. Losing at Cleveland and Miami. Considering our SOS is pretty low and we still play 2 bad teams, and Miami’s schedule is brutal (other than us), our % will actually drop further. 

Even if Chargers and Tennessee draft higher than us, they aren’t drafting a QB. Otherwise the 6-7 teams would have to lose 3 games each and the 7-6 teams, all of their games, which is likely not happening for most of them.  

My best guess is, we are 11th or 12th pick and still a shot at one of the top 4 QBs, and there are 5 good ones. I personally think, the farther we drop, the MORE likely we take a QB. Less pressure to start him right away and have him sit behind Rodgers. Especially if it’s Nix or Penix, who will likely be there and not ready to start. Plus the OT class, outside the top 3, are not elite. 

• Upvote 1

2-2 and 7-10 is the likely outcome. Beating NE and Wash. Losing at Cleveland and Miami. Considering our SOS is pretty low and we still play 2 bad teams, and Miami’s schedule is brutal (other than us), our % will actually drop further. 
Even if Chargers and Tennessee draft higher than us, they aren’t drafting a QB. Otherwise the 6-7 teams would have to lose 3 games each and the 7-6 teams, all of their games, which is likely not happening for most of them.  
My best guess is, we are 11th or 12th pick and still a shot at one of the top 4 QBs, and there are 5 good ones. I personally think, the farther we drop, the MORE likely we take a QB. Less pressure to start him right away and have him sit behind Rodgers. Especially if it’s Nix or Penix, who will likely be there and not ready to start. Plus the OT class, outside the top 3, are not elite. 

I agree .. once Alt and Harrison are long gone ... It's QB 3 or 4 or trade down for OL.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We leap LV after Thursday's game.  Thank You Chargers for sucking.

We probably control our own destiny for the 5th pick now.  We can pass Wash and LAC by losing out, but it's still tricky because SOS. 

If Chi beats Ari next week, we can get 4th.

Go Jets!

image.png.54e7e9ec5ab0ccbc2c4688bc13080938.png

On 12/13/2023 at 2:55 AM, Jdeet said:

The Jetsey thing would be to beat Miami and Cleveland and lose to NE and Wash.  Still gets us to 7-10.  Good times!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, dcJet said:

We leap LV after Thursday's game.  Thank You Chargers for sucking.

We probably control our own destiny for the 5th pick now, but it's tricky because SOS.  If Chi beats Ari next week, we can get 4th.

Go Jets!

image.png.54e7e9ec5ab0ccbc2c4688bc13080938.png

I’m looking at the Jets and giants at 5-8. I thought a head to head win take precedent over sos?  Guess not.

ZW gonna run the table in 2023 and Rodgers would have a kanipshenfit(sp?) if the Jets draft anyone but LT or WR in Rd 1.  Jets will have a first ballot HOFer and a still young gunslinger in the QB room next year.  Tim Boyle brought back to boil water for the coffee.  Can’t draft a QB in 24 it’s “SB or Bust”, just keep loaded up on Offense.
Believe it or not this is the most likely outcome

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

In the how to fix the OL thread, some posters were saying those that are mocking one of the top 2 OL were crazy. That they would be gone by the time we pick.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

We are drafting in the top 10 without a doubt. Likely in the top 6. This team is trash. One game didn't change that. I gave up on this team after the Chargers game.

We MIGHT sneak in another 1 and finish 6-11. Huge maybe though.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

In the how to fix the OL thread, some posters were saying those that are mocking one of the top 2 OL were crazy. That they would be gone by the time we pick.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

We are drafting in the top 10 without a doubt. Likely in the top 6. This team is trash. One game didn't change that. I gave up on this team after the Chargers game.

We MIGHT sneak in another 1 and finish 6-11. Huge maybe though.

The goal the rest of the way is to lose out.  Though with our luck, we'll still probably miss out on the OL.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The goal the rest of the way is to lose out.  Though with our luck, we'll still probably miss out on the OL.

True. I guess there's always the bad luck we have. We could be picking 6 and the draft goes: Caleb, Maye, MHJ, Fashanu, Alt. What a disaster that would be.

• Upvote 2

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

None of this matters, no rookie QB can be successful here. Just setting yourselves up for another disappointment. Have we not learned anything about this  franchise, history is our proof.

I'd still take Jayden Daniels if he's there.  But I'd sit him for at least a year.  Then draft OL.

• Upvote 1

There is no chance in hell Douglas will take a quarterback in the first round of this year’s draft. His job is going to be on the line. He can’t afford to take a player that isn’t going to help the team next year. Obviously, we should be taking a quarterback, but it won’t happen. If we didn’t have Aaron Rodgers, the entire regime would be fired and the first pick in this year‘s draft, for the Jets would be a quarterback.

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If I'm not mistaken, if we lose out and the Bears win one more game, we are guaranteed a top 4 pick. Can someone confirm? 

Yup.  We will take the best LT in the draft.  Just what we need.

With the additional of Tee higgins and 2 big time olinemen free agents, we will be set to make that Super Bowl run in 2024.

Lets go Jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough of the whining!

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  We will take the best LT in the draft.  Just what we need.

With the additional of Tee higgins and 2 big time olinemen free agents, we will be set to make that Super Bowl run in 2024.

Lets go Jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough of the whining!

be specific 

image.png.12e94ecff35b40e6d0b70973983d6c72.pngOur SOS went up last week. 

Interesting, I think this is wrong.  We are tied with Giants in SOS but they hold the next tiebreaker for non-conference teams which is head-to-head so the Giants should be picking ahead of us.

This is moot though as a Philly win tonight will put us picking ahead of the Giants.

Next week is huge, could be the difference between picking 4/5 or picking as far back as 13/14.

I hate JD for making me research non-conference draft order tiebreakers.