The only thing I can do is stop following football.

Wit

I don’t want to, it’s not even a threat. I already don’t go to games or buy any stuff, so I guess I’m not that valuable. I’ve been a fan for most of my life and there have been ups and downs, but this has been a long stretch of pretty bad football.

I can handle losing pretty well; but I can’t handle the arrogant continuation of sticking with a QB that sucked the life out of this franchise.

They actually wanted to stick with Darnold who also sucked, and now I actually believe they did.

I’m sad. This is probably JDs call, and while I respect his team building, and would love some continuity for the jets, he has a blind spot for his picks and for QBs. He didn’t want to spend the money for a decent QB and he forgot that this is an entertainment business. His job is to get wins, or at least try and build toward here future. This is neither. I feel so trapped and abused and disrespected as a laymen fan. At least come out like cashman and defend yourself. This is and awful feeling.

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1

It actually works.  I haven't watched more than 4 games the last two seasons.   I watched the first 9 this year, but will not watch them again until next year.   Might watch the last game of the season. No point.  The product sucks and will continue to suck until they do something at the QB position. 

Just watch other teams for the love of the sport. I’ve watched the Texans more this year than I have the Jets. Whatever. I like when football is played well. The Jets O is terrible. Don’t feel forced to watch.

If it wasn't for this site, I’m pretty sure I would have stopped watching completely a long time ago. But this place is funny as hell. Only social media platform I visit.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Wit said:

I don’t want to, it’s not even a threat. I already don’t go to games or buy any stuff, so I guess I’m not that valuable. I’ve been a fan for most of my life and there have been ups and downs, but this has been a long stretch of pretty bad football.

I can handle losing pretty well; but I can’t handle the arrogant continuation of sticking with a QB that sucked the life out of this franchise.

They actually wanted to stick with Darnold who also sucked, and now I actually believe they did.

I’m sad. This is probably JDs call, and while I respect his team building, and would love some continuity for the jets, he has a blind spot for his picks and for QBs. He didn’t want to spend the money for a decent QB and he forgot that this is an entertainment business. His job is to get wins, or at least try and build toward here future. This is neither. I feel so trapped and abused and disrespected as a laymen fan. At least come out like cashman and defend yourself. This is and awful feeling.

I agree.

But as @kevinc855 can attest, to, Joe Douglas doesn't care about the fans' well-being.

If he had his way, he would break you into a pretzel.

He cares about Zach Wilson's happiness while celebrating the fact he's been able to ring up his own personal cash register at Woody's Johnson's expense.

12 minutes ago, Wit said:

don't forget JetNation has a very active OT message board so you can still be involved here even if you quit football.

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Wit said:

I'm going through the same thing. I'm not starting to hate the Jets, I'm already there. But impulse will have me tuning in if I'm in the house on a Sunday afternoon, so what I think I'll do is just focus on the opponent and look for the good things I see what they do, that the Jets don't. I've tried the alternative and it's a broken record for three years, straight, and it's going to continue indefinitely. So why get pissed? Why watch Zach make a few good passes between the 20's and then watch the offense implode and kick a FG or punt, or turn the ball over? We've been over this and over this. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I used to have the Gators to fall back on to bring some joy in Football but now?  Football is just a cruel mistress that I honsetly dont even like but some how just cant control myself and keep coming back for more.

We’re all addicted crack babies 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Everyone has to do what they have to do for their own self-interest.

I love football, and the Jets, so I watch. And will keep doing so.

But I rarely get truly emotional or angry anymore about the Jets.  

This is me love the team, love the sport and I expect the worse possible outcome and the Jets deliver every season. What's not to like?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Everyone has to do what they have to do for their own self-interest.

I love football, and the Jets, so I watch. And will keep doing so.

But I rarely get truly emotional or angry anymore about the Jets.  

Yes - It's true. But what has this come to - We like a team that we can not be emotional about or invested in? What is that but an odd form of mental illness or delusion?

1 minute ago, WILLY said:

Yes - It's true. But what has this come to - We like a team that we can not be emotional about or invested in? What is that but an odd form of mental illness or delusion?

I have a feeling the emotion would return if success returned.

Till then, like a good stoic, you keep on keeping on.  Maybe one day the faith will be rewarded, and if not, well, such is life.

40 minutes ago, Wit said:

Bro this is real

i seriously started smoking weed in 2010 at 22 after that playoff loss

This team literally brung me to drugs 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Unless you work for or invest in a team, football is just entertainment. If it's making you feel this bad, it's ok to find something else to do with your time or even pick a different team to root for. 

Thanks to all responses. Sports in general have changed dramatically, so maybe it’s just not for me anymore. It’s something to think about. It’s just crushed so deeply into my dna it’s hard to stop.
  • Upvote 2

Maybe the master plan is that by having the entire fanbase come together in hatred of the organization it will galvanize the brotherhood and culture into the future ?

This team causes agida, IBS, stress and still I watch... Being in the latter portion of my life I have accepted my fate.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

I hate present day football.  I get no entertainment out of watching teams I have no connection to.  Even going to parties or hanging with my buddies is tough when it involves watching “the game.”

I used to watch Peyton a lot growing up as my Uncle’s a die hard Indy fan.  That generation of players is gone and I have zero care for any current players that don’t play for the Jets.

I just don’t know how some fans can stomach watching the rest of the league when their team is so a**.  I certainly can’t.

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Just watch other teams for the love of the sport. I’ve watched the Texans more this year than I have the Jets. Whatever. I like when football is played well. The Jets O is terrible. Don’t feel forced to watch.

If it wasn't for this site, I’m pretty sure I would have stopped watching completely a long time ago. But this place is funny as hell. Only social media platform I visit.

Stroud has really intrigued me with his above level play and after hearing his recent post game comments. NFL needs more like him!... 

Today felt weird as there is a certain resigned calmness and acceptance like the day after burying a loved one.

2 hours ago, Wit said:

Have you tried hypnotism? See below for a UM fan that was hypnotized to be an OSU fan. I would like to become an Eagles fan like the rest of my family. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/s/Jbh9zCJjkJ

2 hours ago, Wit said: