Bills Fire OC

JetsFanatic

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

He is being scapegoated.  They lost b/c of a screw up on special teams and josh Allen is who he is, he was always a turnover concern and you took the good with the bad.  The real difference with the bills is that the defense has regressed which gives the offense less cushion than they had 2 yrs ago and those turnovers mean more in the outcomes. 

Allen iirc was always at or near the top of the list in terms of interceptable passes dropped by the defenses. Eventually that luck runs out, and frankly I'm surprised that luck upon luck parlayed for this long.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetswin said:

So Saleh gets no credit for the defense, that all goes to Ulbrich? The weak link in the Jets coaching has been the OC seat since Saleh has been here.  There and possible at WR since we only have one.

We will find out whether it was Saleh or Ulbrich, or both. 

Saleh’s next job is as DC, and he will do a good job.  He will get another shot at HC, and whether he is successful will depend on whether he can figure out the OC, which includes building offensive personnel.  

Parcells, Belichick and Tomlin are defensive coaches.  You can be a successful defensive HC.  But in today’s NFL I think it takes more work.  

2 hours ago, Rochester Jets said:

Seems like Bills fans are 100% behind Josh Allen and the blame is always on the coaching staff for their perennial failures.  It was Frazier, he's gone.  It was Dorsey, he's gone.  Daboll was good, but he left for the Giants gig so he's gone too.  That just leaves McDermott to blame for why they had 12 guys on the field last night for the FG and why Josh Allen makes bonehead plays way too often.  It just seems like the problem might be a complex mixture of all of the above which fans seem to hate to realize.

Would love to hear the headset audio when the flag for 12 men was thrown on the first FG attempt. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Joe Brady has called plays in the NFL before.

I know, I meant his first game for the Bills.

If Dorsey was the reason for everyone on offense looking so miserable all season then there's a chance they play a bit better but I think the problems go deeper than that. Allen looks gone this year, his body language, interviews and obviously play too. As soon as he throws a pick next week he'll be down in the dumps again. I could see this going to OT again, I wonder what the odds are of both division games between the same opponents going to OT in one season

1 hour ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Superb move by an organization that is sending a message. Watch it pay off on Sunday.

Oh it will. Vegas is 2-0 since the changes. Buffalo will win on Sunday. Other teams actually want to win and make changes when things aren't going well. The Jets, not so much. Joe Douglas is 24-51 in his 4th year and the fraud Saleh is 15-28 in his 3rd season. Brutal. Not to mention the worst in league QB they keep shoving down our throats for 3 years now. Loser mentality. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Other teams try to improve.  

We don't.

This is my thought too, look at the raiders, now this. Teams that have peopel not meetin gexpectation and fired. THere is no doubt in my mind that our whoever under hack who takes over can turn this around but simply doing common sense stuff. Helping zach building a game plan aroudn our playmakers breece hall screens , garret wilson not throwing but catching the ball etc. 

• Upvote 1

most offenseive coaches would love to be in hacks place, you have an amazing def and really only need to score 1 or 2 times a game to win. The bar is so low for a succesful OC. Almost admirably, we have failed and are so far below the standard. 

Hall and wilson being wasted along with the def. 

CAN WE PLEASE GET SOMEONE ELSE TO CALL THE PLAYS _ here is an idea how abotu rodgers, 

• Upvote 2

Been telling my bills buddy for a while now that josh Allen is missing something. He isn’t clutch and really only plays well if he has a good first quarter. If he starts off slow, he generally struggles the entire game. his biggest problem is that he isn’t willing to take the 4-5 yard play. He try’s to get it all way to often. It’s why he has struggled vs the jets D. We don’t give up the big plays and that’s all he is ever looking for. Dorsey can be the fall guy but if Allen wants to be more than just a great fantasy football qb, he needs to be the qb that is willing to dink and dunk if that’s what it takes to win games. 

4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Been telling my bills buddy for a while now that josh Allen is missing something. He isn’t clutch and really only plays well if he has a good first quarter. If he starts off slow, he generally struggles the entire game. his biggest problem is that he isn’t willing to take the 4-5 yard play. He try’s to get it all way to often. It’s why he has struggled vs the jets D. We don’t give up the big plays and that’s all he is ever looking for. Dorsey can be the fall guy but if Allen wants to be more than just a great fantasy football qb, he needs to be the qb that is willing to dink and dunk if that’s what it takes to win games. 

He’s not running as much. Probably a long term strategy by the team. He was the devil when he was running a lot.

7 hours ago, Larz said:

It’s not the jet’s fault that you haven’t been paying attention. They have talked about the plan with Zach for a year now. There is no pr war

again with "the plan".. lol

the new plan is to give Zach a one way ticket on a Jet blue flight to Utah

• Haha 2

and I thought the Jets were reactionary.  the bills problem is that they don't have a second punch.  if josh allen's running and passing to diggs dont net production, they have nothing else.  that causes allen to take chances and toss interceptions. 

the oc does not have a lot to work with.  

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He could also drop off the Bills playbook on Ulbrich's desk. Granted they're going to change, but you can only change so much in 1 week.

No reason he shouldn't be a Jets consultant or some type of coach by the end of the day.

Are the jets going to pay his salary as well?