I am back in, I just can't help it

Maxman

You have no cause to do this and you have only yourself to blame for whatever physical and/or emotional damage you suffer from now until the end of the season.

The Jets are a bad football team and they are going to lose the next 2 games - badly.

Godspeed.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

The last two weeks have been brutal. They are pissing away the absolute best defense we have ever seen. The offense can't do anything right and it is beyond frustrating.

The loss against the Raiders, that was just too much.

But I can't give up. I thought I could. Honestly it just isn't in my DNA. So guess what?

I am back in. Jets going up to Buffalo, new offensive coordinator, more bad results for Josh Allen against the NY Jets defense.

Beat the Bills and the Dolphins and this season has a shot. Everytime I think I am out, they drag me back in.

car sliding GIF

• Haha 2

Three things have changed since losing to the Raiders ( Buff loss, Dorsey firing , MC let go) which makes this game interesting and I'll watch it hoping for a new spark by one of those changes.

I went to the 2nd game at Buffalo last year and the overall mindset of the Bills fan base before that game was a 180 from where it is now.  With the firing of Dorsey and Izzy being hopefully added to the mix I think we're about to see a low scoring, heavy run game from both teams. With Buffalo's uneasiness they should come out amp'd up but play tense early and I like our chances to match and take advantage of that... with a coin flip on who wins.

6 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Any gm with a brain would say “ Try playing a qb who is not allergic to the endzone  “ lol. 

But JD has made it very clear, since rodgers going down, this season is about the last desperate attempt to restart zach wilson, his prized pick he is hell bent on proving everyone wrong. Winning comes second.

JD knew he had a get out of gm purgatory free card for this year once Aaron went down. If the free pass was not given, we probably would be right at top of division even without Aaron.

Wouldn’t have taken a lot more at qb to  to alternate some of those close loses. Instead of having the very worst qb in NFL, having say the 27 ranked qb gets us to 6-3 easily with this D. Had rodgers said he isn’t sure he is coming back, I think JD would have to ditch Zach and putting winning top of list knowing his job isn’t as secure without Rodgers comeback. 

But to answer your question, No we aren’t beating them without a touchdown. Defense or special teams touchdown must deliver one. Sadly I bet the odds of D or ST scoring a TD are better than a zach Wilson thrown touchdown lol. 

"If we had Trevor Siemian in there we would've been 6-3.  If we had Tim Boyle in there, we would've been 8-1!"

This site is hilarious.

32 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"If we had Trevor Siemian in there we would've been 6-3.  If we had Tim Boyle in there, we would've been 8-1!"

This site is hilarious.

I’d say 7-2 with Trevor Siemian. He has thrown a LOT more TDs than Zach in same amount of snaps. 42 tds in 35 games. Over 1 td a game, while little Zachary averages half a td per game lol. Only Need what 3 more tds to put us at 7-2 ? No one is saying he is good. There are 100 qbs who would do better than Zach if given the chance.

• Sympathy 1

Max its so funny reading how docile and careful posters are when you make these positive outlooks.

If one of us does it, the viciousness is out of hand.

It used to be the afce was a powerhouse but now it has all kinda issues, with the exception of miami which is really about to be tested. 

Who knows we could win the division! Here it comes....watch the difference

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I’d say 7-2 with Trevor Siemian. He has thrown a LOT more TDs than Zach in same amount of snaps. 42 tds in 35 games. Over 1 td a game, while little Zachary averages half a td per game lol. Only Need what 3 more tds to put us at 7-2 ? No one is saying he is good. There are 100 qbs who would do better than Zach if given the chance.

I've gotta revise my guesses.  I'd say 8-1 with Siemian and 10 and -1 with Boyle.

5 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Whenever Woody starts caring about winning, there will be changes.  Nothing will change until then.

Or is forced to sell the franchise for cause detrimental to the league. He really needs to go do something else. 

• Post of the Week 3

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

The last two weeks have been brutal. They are pissing away the absolute best defense we have ever seen. The offense can't do anything right and it is beyond frustrating.

But I can't give up. I thought I could. Honestly it just isn't in my DNA. So guess what?

I am back in. Jets going up to Buffalo, new offensive coordinator, more bad results for Josh Allen against the NY Jets defense.

Beat the Bills and the Dolphins and this season has a shot. Everytime I think I am out, they drag me back in.

Based on what? There is literally no reason to be optimistic about this team at this time. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Based on what? There is literally no reason to be optimistic about this team at this time. 

Our best hope is the following:

-Izzy is (hopefully) going to join the lineup, which will allow the Jets to split Breece out wide, giving us a badly needed 2nd receiving threat, while still giving us a (potentially) explosive RB

-The OL plays as well (or better) going forward as it did against the Raiders.

-Maybe Brownlee gets a shot and surprises us in a good way

-Lazard's awful play in recent weeks was due to an injury and hopefully he's recovering

If Zach has 3 weapinzz at WR (GW, Breece and maybe Lazard, or a roll of the dice that goes our way with Brownlee) then I think he'd move the offense much better.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I've gotta revise my guesses.  I'd say 8-1 with Siemian and 10 and -1 with Boyle.

Like Boyle better huh ? 🤣. Well we all know it would be extremely hard to score less tds than Zach Wilson. The defense didn’t get the tank memo, if they just played average we would have the #1 pick in draft next yr. 

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Like Boyle better huh ? 🤣. Well we all know it would be extremely hard to score less tds than Zach Wilson. The defense didn’t get the tank memo, if they just played average we would have the #1 pick in draft next yr. 

My comments were sarcasm.  Imo, ZW is far and away the best option we've got on this roster at QB.  And he's also a far better fit (behind this OL) than Siemian/Boyle, due to his mobility.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Wit said:

If Miami is upset and we beat buffalo it’s hard not to be. That being said how the heck do you beat Miami without scoring touchdowns???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Any given Sunday baby! 

If the Jets can hold the Eagles to 14 points and the Chiefs to 23 points (while being hosed by the refs leading to a loss), anything is possible. 

But they can't commit bad penalties. Their o-line needs to play better than they have been. And they have to hold on to the ball. Gameplan, play disciplined football and execute. 

The Jets defense has given up 15 TDs this season. 15! That's under 2 TDs a game. By a healthy margin. 1.6ish. We've said this all season. This defense will keep the Jets in games. And they've done so each and every game, whether its the Raiders or the Chiefs. That's the one reason to believe. 

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My comments were sarcasm.  Imo, ZW is far and away the best option we've got on this roster at QB.  And he's also a far better fit (behind this OL) than Siemian/Boyle, due to his mobility.

I got that”  - 1 “ . Well mobility is 1 thing, reading a D quicker and getting the ball out on the pocket , zach trails every qb 

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I never root for losses, but I’ve never wanted a team to tank more than I want this team to tank the rest of the way. If they want to keep pushing Zach Wilson out there then they deserve to go into next season with *zero* benefit of the doubt. If they don’t win, at least Saleh should be gone at next year’s BYE.

I want Shedeur, but I also don't want to watch them to lose Buffalo, Miami, etc.

I was all in on the tank for Trev.

Something that potentially hurts a Jets' tank this season is their SOS, which currently stands at .503.

Better hope next year's bye is like week 5 and not week 14 like the Commies and Cards this season.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Our best hope is the following:

-Izzy is (hopefully) going to join the lineup, which will allow the Jets to split Breece out wide, giving us a badly needed 2nd receiving threat, while still giving us a (potentially) explosive RB

-The OL plays as well (or better) going forward as it did against the Raiders.

-Maybe Brownlee gets a shot and surprises us in a good way

-Lazard's awful play in recent weeks was due to an injury and hopefully he's recovering

If Zach has 3 weapinzz at WR (GW, Breece and maybe Lazard, or a roll of the dice that goes our way with Brownlee) then I think he'd move the offense much better.  

Back up players at skill positions are not going to change the Jets' fortunes. The line did look slightly better, but then again it was against the Raiders. Buffalo and Miami are a different level.

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

I dig fully.  I had a meltdown after the Jets lost out on Trevor Lawrence and announced that I was at last finished with the Jets.  My retirement only lasted through the off season.

Glad your back. 

I'll add.  The difference between winning and losing in the NFL involves a thousand moving parts.  Success is fragile.  One of those moving parts can make or break a season.  Rodgers appeared to be the missing ingredient.  I was all for it.  This season was knocked off track by injuries.  By bad luck.  I cant scapegoat Zach Wilson because he was not even supposed to stat.  I cant fault Saleh.  He runs a top notch defense and as until late, the Jets have not gotten a lot of penalties. 

I suppose to could blame JD for not having a good #2 QB on the roster, but the idea of losing Rodgers for the entire season after 4 plays was too "nuclear" to consider.   It was a mistake, but one I think I understand.  If ZW had to come in for a game or two, so what... 

14 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Back up players at skill positions are not going to change the Jets' fortunes. The line did look slightly better, but then again it was against the Raiders. Buffalo and Miami are a different level.

I could see Izzy making a difference.  It's a longshot on Brownlee but it feels like we should give him a shot, imo.

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

I'm with you buddy, Not sure why but I am.

If I had to put my money on our final record.. I’d go with 8-9 and out of the playoffs

Losing both games to the teams out west was a killer and put us behind the 8-ball.

At best..if we can go 1-2 v Miami/Buff (can’t see us going 2-1) ..and go 4–1 vs the rest..9-8 might put us on the bubble…?  Probably need to go 10-7..which seems such a long shot considering how moribund our offense is.  I’m not a believer in Rodgers coming back to save the day.

7 hours ago, y2k8 said:

You have no cause to do this and you have only yourself to blame for whatever physical and/or emotional damage you suffer from now until the end of the season.

The Jets are a bad football team and they are going to lose the next 2 games - badly.

Godspeed.

If they do, just remember it’s not Zach 🙈

C3F84344-B68A-4277-9BC6-EA6D1B7B057D.png

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

Isn’t this what being what a jets fan is? Been saying I’m done with this team on most sundays for years. Then on Monday, I’m back lol. 

• Haha 1