Rodgers trying to sniff out the rat in the building

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Really not sure why anyone would have an issue with Aaron Rodgers.  He is just trying to pointing out what a sh*t show this organization is.  I'm starting to think Saleh is the rat here.  Earlier comments to the effect that he wasn't on board with the decision to draft ZW, implications that playing him wasn't his decision, text to a reporter disparaging Wilson, notes to same guy pointing to records of other coaches whose QBs were injured.  That's on top of allowing that disgraceful Mike Effin White display last year.  It's classic throw someone under the bus to save your own ass.  Rodgers is just discussing that it is totally bush league. 

Wilson put it on himself by doing the bare minimum as a professional quarterback. The coach can’t protect you if you don’t care about your craft. Zach is a coddled baby. I’d be at my wits end too if I were Saleh, who was making zero money early in his career chasing his dream.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Really not sure why anyone would have an issue with Aaron Rodgers.  He is just trying to pointing out what a sh*t show this organization is.  I'm starting to think Saleh is the rat here.  Earlier comments to the effect that he wasn't on board with the decision to draft ZW, implications that playing him wasn't his decision, text to a reporter disparaging Wilson, notes to same guy pointing to records of other coaches whose QBs were injured.  That's on top of allowing that disgraceful Mike Effin White display last year.  It's classic throw someone under the bus to save your own ass.  Rodgers is just discussing that it is totally bush league. 

The one positive that can come out of this is Staircase Bob might be shown the door...

If Rodgers doesn't want him - he's gone.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Woody forced Zach on JD, but also forced Rodgers on JD?

Woody demands Zach play, to please Jet Blue for some reason, but allowed him to be benched two years running?

Woody conspires with Zach's family, but Zach has embarrassed both his family and the Jets three years running and as of now is going down in history as a top-10 QB Bust?

Who exactly is making out from this Woody-Zach-Jet Blue Conspiracy Matt?  I'm not seeing any winners here, but you must  to keep believing in this thoery?  So who is it?  Who has made out good from this?

Woody forced Zach back as the backup yes. Wilson and Rodgers are buddies. All public info. Zach gets paid to be here by doing the bare minimum. It’s how favors work. How many times do you have to be told that Zach’s family’s company is the largest sponsor of the Jets lol

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Pauline had it. Kay as well. Who’s been more reliable than  your gaslighting.

Here in Vegas, league sources say that the Jets front office is ready to move on from Wilson and trade for a veteran, but owner Woody Johnson believes the former BYU quarterback can be salvaged. We’re told Johnson, whose been fully engaged in the Jets’ decision-making the past few weeks, believes Wilson is still an arm talent that should not be discarded.

If true than the right call is "okay Woody we will keep the kid with the talented arm but the slow processor (we did draft him after all). He's  a development project only until he demonstrates some significant improvement."   Instead they went the route of "okay you want to keep him we'll make him 2nd string with no real competition and watch when the whole season blows up around him."  Unfortunately for all the resulting implosion might (hopefully) be enough to take them all down. 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, dcJet said:

The reporter probably made it up. 

Some player said "Zach might be resistant to playing after all that's happened"

Reporter reports  "Zach ... resistant to playing ..."

Could be that, too.

I'm just saying that because Rodgers is looking for whomever it was that spoke to her, that doesn't mean the player accurately passed on something Zach said

Nor does it mean (as you say) the leaked statement was 100% accurately conveyed testimony heard out of Zach's mouth.

It could also be from someone in his family e.g. his mom saying she doesn't even want him to play for the Jets anymore & she further suspects he doesn't want to either.

It could be any of those things. Also it could be true.

But simply searching for a leaker doesn't therefore mean both the leaker and the reporter are both being 100% accurate without any embellishment. 

Ah, whatever. He's gone after this season anyway, and we'll finally be moving on from this mistake. This is already more brainpower devoted to this stupidity than it deserves.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, football guy said:

Aaron is 100% right. We’ve always had people on the inside that are the lifeblood of outside media who actively work to tear the organization down. They help the clownshow roll on. Hell people tell me stuff when they absolutely shouldn’t. It’s a cultural thing that has been going on for the last 2 decades RE: leaks. And it’s not just a market issue because this stuff RARELY happens with the Giants. Even at their worst they don’t come close to the dysfunction we deal with year after year. 

Exactly. It is not that the things happen that’s the problem, it’s the people saying that they happen that’s the problem. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Saleh: If Zach said he didn’t want to play, he’d be gone. I am a very tough, no-nonsense guy.

Rodgers: Zach totally said it, but we’re gonna get that leaker!

Lisa Wilson: Julie Andrews Spinning GIF by The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization

I don’t know how much more evidence one needs that Zach is in a protected class. He can tell the team he doesn’t want to play and he doesn’t play.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh: If Zach said he didn’t want to play, he’d be gone. I am a very tough, no-nonsense guy.

Rodgers: Zach totally said it, but we’re gonna get that leaker!

Lisa Wilson: Julie Andrews Spinning GIF by The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization

as much as I hate this org the past 50 years - I love it more and more everyday - excpet the whole football part

• Haha 3

Can someone please remind AR he is the QB who’s taken 3-4 snaps hasn’t won anything here. Acquiring him was a big mistake no wonder GB wanted him gone if we only knew what went on behind the scenes. I wish he would retire or the Jets trade him. Hasn’t played a game of football here nothing but drama. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Can someone please remind AR he is the QB who’s taken 3-4 snaps hasn’t won anything here. Acquiring him was a big mistake no wonder GB wanted him gone if we only knew what went on behind the scenes. I wish he would retire or the Jets trade him. Hasn’t played a game of football here nothing but drama. 

Has he actually been drama for the Jets though? He got hurt and the season spiraled. That’s kinda what happens when your QB1 goes down. 

The Jets didn’t demand the spotlight. They didn’t want hard knocks, they didn’t call the season ‘Superbowl or bust’, etc. They just wanted to play football.

The Jets dramatically improved their QB position by acquiring Rodgers and the media ran wild with the storylines. The Jets are a big deal in the NFL landscape, despite what people want to say, so that’s just the way it is.

It was a worthwhile trade that needs to be made 110% of the time. We’ll realize that once the guy takes the field next year. It’s just a shame that we won’t get the 3 full seasons we were hoping for.

All of the drama has come from the outside and we eat it up because we’re Jet fans and that’s what we do

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Has he actually been drama for the Jets though? He got hurt and the season spiraled. That’s kinda what happens when your QB1 goes down. 

The Jets didn’t demand the spotlight. They didn’t want hard knocks, they didn’t call the season ‘Superbowl or bust’, etc. They just wanted to play football.

The Jets dramatically improved their QB position by acquiring Rodgers and the media ran wild with the storylines. The Jets are a big deal in the NFL landscape, despite what people want to say, so that’s just the way it is.

It was a worthwhile trade that needs to be made 110% of the time. We’ll realize that once the guy takes the field next year. It’s just a shame that we won’t get the 3 full seasons we were hoping for.

All of the drama has come from the outside and we eat it up because we’re Jet fans and that’s what we do

Exactly what’s he done that’s been so bad? Try to get back on field as quickly as possible?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

All drama no reward. Until he wins something here. We needed a young decent QB not a 40 yr old injury prone Prima donna who demands we sign certain players Boyle Cobb Lazard JAG’s…. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wish we never brought him here.

• Upvote 2