Zach's gonna kill it

rbstern

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

But of course.  Zach will throw a few TDs and no INTs.  JN will explode in a mushroom cloud.  Only the Jets. 

There will be a bunch of Noah Brown fans in the stands.  Mt. Olive, NJ kid who went to Pope John HS in Sparta.

You have high hopes. Like, unattainable high. 

This whole thing just makes me laugh.

Regardless of whether Zach is or isn't the best QB on the team, it's just so insane the level of privilege he's gotten.  Imagine utterly stinking up the position as starter the past THREE YEARS (the sole reason for all the turnover at the position), being benched a SECOND time, and the guy who you got benched for gets 1-1/2 games, with similar offensive production, before getting kicked off the team.

I'm not saying Boyle deserved more time.  He didn't even deserve to be on this team in the offseason.  But neither did Zach, and the leash he's gotten has been disgusting.  He should have been gone with Boyle.  Siemian or Rypien should be starting the rest of the season.  Zach has done enough damage already and the CS/FO ONCE AGAIN shows their spinelessness by licking their pathetic wounds and turning to him again.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

For better or worse, I would just like to see him rip it, and not worry so much about INTs.

Well then he'll just throw for 0 TDs and 3 INTs or maybe 1 TD and 4 INTs.  Plus a strip sack.

Some here thinks if he's only allowed to gunsling he'll put up production.  He doesn't.  He can't.  He just turns it over more without the upside of scoring points.

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2023 at 2:36 PM, Bobby816 said:

Saleh said he's starting the rest of the year of he's healthy. I think we do beat NE and WAS.

Wash has a decent D and a better offense. 

Wash 13

Jets 10

Zach has never beat Pats. In fact, Belicheat absolutely embarrassed him and he has never recovered from that horrible game.

Pats 13

Jets 6

Onward to the draft 

CJ Stroud will become just another QB in the long list of QBs that Saleh's Defense embarrassed.

Zach will play loose, ditch the jock strap, free ball his way to a sand lot game, back yard game, spinning, turning, throwing across his bod, whatever he feels like.

Zach and the Jets will befuddle the high-powered CJ Stroud and the Texans, who may fire their HC after the game.

Garrett Wilson will carry Zach on his shoulders. 

On 12/6/2023 at 3:09 PM, kmnj said:

as crazy as this sounds and I have made a fortune betting vs saleh and co this week the jets win

tank is done for the season-nico will be covered in sauce-

jets win 28-21-Zach throws for 250 yards and not one not two but THREE tds

pockets are HEAVY with cash

boom

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

hot take alert! nostrodamus light

Well…I’m sure he’s already acknowledged how far off-base he was.  😉 
Hey..no one here is on target with predictions 100% of the time.  

Zach was razor sharp in awful conditions. No one can deny that.  Hopefully  boosted his confidence and obviously can’t be a ‘one-off.’

All of us who follow multiple sports know that at times ‘the light goes on’ for some athletes with obvious physical talent.  We have no idea if that’s going to be the case with ZW.  Chances are..given the rather long track record of poor play..the light just ‘flickered’ on..and will go ‘off’ again.  
The movie quote .. ‘so you’re tellin me there’s a chance’.. applies- more like than not..as well as ‘even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.’   Odds still long..but there’s now a reason for hope..following his stellar performance v the Texans in adverse conditions.

50 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Well…I’m sure he’s already acknowledged how far off-base he was.  😉 
Hey..no one here is on target with predictions 100% of the time.  

Zach was razor sharp in awful conditions. No one can deny that.  Hopefully  boosted his confidence and obviously can’t be a ‘one-off.’

All of us who follow multiple sports know that at times ‘the light goes on’ for some athletes with obvious physical talent.  We have no idea if that’s going to be the case with ZW.  Chances are..given the rather long track record of poor play..the light just ‘flickered’ on..and will go ‘off’ again.  
The movie quote .. ‘so you’re tellin me there’s a chance’.. applies- more like than not..as well as ‘even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.’   Odds still long..but there’s now a reason for hope..following his stellar performance v the Texans in adverse conditions.

The original "Has he got a chance?" movie quote...

• 3 weeks later...