National rhetoric around Zachs victimhood

Jet hustle

Fans of other teams always have different opinions about players on other teams. It's a lot of why people here always want to sign discards from other teams. 

The Jets are routinely a punching bag for other fans, so it's easy to find people dumping on the team by way of how their handled ZW.

Sports media needs stories and the Jets story is no longer Rodgers and his return. It's been eclipsed by the ZW story and people in the media will take the side that garners the most attention. 

A handful of plays that look good on video drives fanfare for a player. That's how ZW became a high draft pick in the first place.

Put all that together and you have an easy story to debate for the week followed by next week when we revisit whether the Texans game was a fluke or indictment of the coaches. 

--------

If you believe ZW is an irredeemable failure, then you should be rooting for him to play this week every week so the team can get good trade value. You want sports media hyping him up and showing good plays so front offices buy into the hype. 

The only way they could justify bringing him back is if he plays as well the last 4 games as he did yesterday.  Just as good, not a bit worse, not one good one bad game.  Is he as bad as he is often portrayed?  Not in my opinion but I also do not think the Houston game was some big light bulb moment.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think the organization will leave it up to him. If he wants to come back as the backup they'll gladly have him back. If he wants a fresh start elsewhere they'll grant him that request, but it would be via trade. 

Despite the obviously justifiable feelings of many concerning Zach's poor play for the Jets, if we end up getting Zach to a high level and then simply grant him permission to leave the team and the organization, just so we have to now search for ANOTHER qualified young QB, so that we can go through this nonsense yet AGAIN,!!

Why that would be UTTER Maddenss to me and once again shows me why the Jets are a problem organization.,

A B LEVEL ORGANIZATION!!!

In effect, the Jets would have groomed Zach for another team, for over two years, whilst allowing him to effectively harm season after season with at times poor play!

That is their OPEN PLAN!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, football guy said:

You may be right, but that's just not how the Jets FO has seen it. They think he has the raw talent to be a top 10 QB in the league, but his problem has been consistency on a fundamental level. Their mindset was that by sitting and learning behind Aaron, focusing on the fundamentals and the nuances of the offense for a few years, he would emerge into the QB we saw yesterday on a consistent basis. He wasn't granted that opportunity because Aaron got hurt, but *if* he does end the season on a positive note, my guess is they'll try to convince him to run it back as Aaron's backup for a couple of years and get his full opportunity to prove himself as a franchise QB after that. Will that happen? No idea. I just know that's what the plan was for him. 

This flawed minset has plagued the jets drafting of qbs for a long time since Pennington.  They’re drafting based on physical characteristics and the qb position is more about processing speed, situational awareness and maturity.  They would be better off with a guy like Michael pratt who exhibits these qualities way more than wilson has.  Teams that are enamored with art talent usually wind up disappointed. 

26 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think the organization will leave it up to him. If he wants to come back as the backup they'll gladly have him back. If he wants a fresh start elsewhere they'll grant him that request, but it would be via trade. 

I’ve never seen a player who’s been bad be so catered to. It’s bizarre. It’s up to Zach? Why? He doesn’t have a no trade clause. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

what a fantastic analysis, that guy is awesome, very much enjoyed that watch. Many Jets fans need to watch that as he is spot on with what he says. Thank you for sharing Charlie Brown!

Thank you and what the guy points out is reality!

There is a reason why the Jets have not been to the playoffs in over a DECADE and it isn't all on the high-end  draft pick QBs we have acquired!!!

This Jets dysfunction has been going on for awhile now and it is organizationally driven to a large extent and it is currently outweighed by any individual QB that we may draft IMO.....

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

More silliness. His teammates were liking him it seems. Did you meet him and he rubbed you the wrong way?

If this was an an important point to me I feel like I could source a research paper with loads of anecdotal evidence that Zach is generally not well liked but honestly, it doesn't even really matter. He stinks at football.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

He was OK, the offense was the offense.

But then the Jets opened the 2nd half throwing on 5 1st downs in a row.  That’s the number I recall reading ..  

I just finshed watching the entire game. If Zach threw all the same passes every game, he would have about 3 picks. Conklin and Ruckert bailed him out on two of the throws. It was actually a lot of poor defense. I do give Zach credit for throwing the risky passes. I basically don't  think he will duplicate this against a solid secondary like the Fins. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you and what the guy points out is reality!

There is a reason why the Jets have not been to the playoffs in over a DECADE and it isn't all on the high-end  draft pick QBs we have acquired!!!

This Jets dysfunction has been going on for awhile now and it is organizationally driven to a large extent and it is currently outweighed by any individual QB that we may draft IMO.....

Every Jets fan should watch that video, it should be mandated by this site to watch that before posting.

I have said this before, you want to get lots of interwebz cred on a Jets board, bet big against a Jets QB being successful, no matter who it is, because until we get the org and the structure right, you need to hit the lottery and get very lucky to land a good QB, and luck is not a strategy. I am subsciribing to that guy, he is really good, thanks for putting me on to him

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

+1

It'd be nice if we didn't have to type IMO in every post that is clearly opinion.

The problem with @football guy is even though he's a really knowledgeable and good poster, he often insinuates or pretends he's got inside information.  He may have inside information.  He also may be getting hosed by the insider because they know he's going to leak it out.  

It's pretty disengenious to act like your opinion isn't an opinion just because it's third party hearsay.  

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’ve never seen a player who’s been bad be so catered to. It’s bizarre. It’s up to Zach? Why? He doesn’t have a no trade clause. 

It's honestly like he's Woody's son.

"Buffoonish son of the owner of the company" is the only employee who could ever perform this poorly at his job and still have everyone in the organization bending over backwards to support and make excuses for him.

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If this was an an important point to me I feel like I could source a research paper with loads of anecdotal evidence that Zach is generally not well liked but honestly, it doesn't even really matter. He stinks at football.

In general it’s the QB who goes out of their way to build relationships with his teammates. I think that’s been a major challenge for Wilson, eeepcislly with how he grew up, going to a commuter school etc etc. the maturity factor was way overlooked. Like everything, it’s a relationship business. The White shirts were a reflection of Zach as much as it was an endorsement of White.

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's honestly like he's Woody's son.

"Buffoonish son of the owner of the company" is the only employee who could ever perform this poorly at his job and still have everyone in the organization bending over backwards to support and make excuses for him.

I have never seen anything like this for someone who hasn’t been good. Lebron has leverage because of his talent first and foremost. Wilson’s next 4 games are huge. You can’t expect the gaslighting to hold up even if you have the Orlovskys of the world carrying water for you. Also, it wouldn’t surprise me if Wilson’s PR/business team have iron clad relationships with ESPN etc. he’s got endless financial resources for that stuff.

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Every Jets fan should watch that video, it should be mandated by this site to watch that before posting.

I have said this before, you want to get lots of interwebz cred on a Jets board, bet big against a Jets QB being successful, no matter who it is, because until we get the org and the structure right, you need to hit the lottery and get very lucky to land a good QB, and luck is not a strategy. I am subsciribing to that guy, he is really good, thanks for putting me on to him

This is my opinion, and saying this doesn't make me a Truther, rather it says we all will be posting the same thing 10 years from now unless the Jets as an organization CHANGES!!!

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Despite the obviously justifiable feelings of many concerning Zach's poor play for the Jets, if we end up getting Zach to a high level and then simply grant him permission to leave the team and the organization, just so we have to now search for ANOTHER qualified young QB, so that we can go through this nonsense yet AGAIN,!!

Why that would be UTTER Maddenss to me and once again shows me why the Jets are a problem organization.,

In effect, the Jets would have groomed Zach for another team, for over two years, whilst allowing him to effectively harm season after season with at times poor play!

we all seen Zach go up and down. but if we keep him for 2 years as backup to Rodgers and then give him the starting job in 2026 and he plays like he has been for the last 3 years then that would be Maddness. thats a B level organization.

if your the Jets you cant get that wrong again with the same player. 

its easy for us fans to do this, but not only are JD and Salehs jobs on the line, but there ability to ever be trusted with identifying a QB is too. it would be better for them to draft a new QB and have him struggle in 2026 then for Zach to struggle for the 10,000th time.

you know what happens here on out right?

we lose against Miami and Zach doesnt play good or bad. but its Miami so if you like Zach he gets a Pass..

vs Wash he plays good

vs Cleveland he struggles... but again its Cleveland and they have a really good defense.

and of course its evil Bill who owns Zach...

he doesnt have to play ay a high level to stay, and thats the scary part. the built in excuses are right there.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Try telling us what happened without having to protect all the he sucks posts. 

Anyone claiming Zach didn’t ball is kidding themselves or is the one who was watching with their eyes closed.  

Don’t worry, he’ll play like garbage again, this was one game.  But suck it up and admit,  he played really well 

Show me where I said he didnt play well. PLEASE show me. In fact some here are pointing to the scoreless 1st half as if it were his fault. I defended him. Stroud put up a zero also and I posted this. The conditions were horrible.

Again, this was not balling, hero ball, eff it ball, shootout etc etc. Yesterday he executed to a high degree of accuracy the same plays he has mostly missed on for 3 years.  I dont know what to tell ya except of course you are free to have your own perception interpretation or whatever you want to call it.

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

we all seen Zach go up and down. but if we keep him for 2 years as backup to Rodgers and then give him the starting job in 2026 and he plays like he has been for the last 3 years then that would be Maddness. thats a B level organization.

if your the Jets you cant get that wrong again with the same player. 

its easy for us fans to do this, but not only are JD and Salehs jobs on the line, but there ability to ever be trusted with identifying a QB is too. it would be better for them to draft a new QB and have him struggle in 2026 then for Zach to struggle for the 10,000th time.

you know what happens here on out right?

we lose against Miami and Zach doesnt play good or bad. but its Miami so if you like Zach he gets a Pass..

vs Wash he plays good

vs Cleveland he struggles... but again its Cleveland and they have a really good defense.

and of course its evil Bill who owns Zach...

he doesnt have to play ay a high level to stay, and thats the scary part. the built in excuses are right there.

Even with yesterdays performance, Wilson is still only ahead of Bryce Young, in DVOA DYAR. And Young certainly hasn’t had the benefit of this victimhood status that Wilson has been given.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Exactly.  We draft the kid, put him a bad situation, deal with all the growing pains, and then trade him on the cheap to someone else so they can potentially watch him flourish (while we have to draft another QB)?!  We don't know if that's how this will play out but, if it does, I agree with you that it would be utter madness.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The problem with @football guy is even though he's a really knowledgeable and good poster, he often insinuates or pretends he's got inside information.  He may have inside information.  He also may be getting hosed by the insider because they know he's going to leak it out.  

It's pretty disengenious to act like your opinion isn't an opinion just because it's third party hearsay.  

I make it very clear to delineate what is my own opinions vs. what goes on the inside. Most of the time when I share whatever I've heard, most of you go on a tangent and accuse it of being fake lol. 

For whatever reason, people have been claiming everything I shared about the Jets plans for Zach as bogus. The stuff with Zach has been proven by his own words, the coaches words, the GMs words, Aaron's words, and their actions. They had a plan for him. Aaron got hurt. That disrupted their plan. Chances are, if they close out the season on a high note they'll try to revisit that plan. Not that complicated. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, football guy said:

I make it very clear to delineate what is my own opinions vs. what goes on the inside. Most of the time when I share whatever I've heard, most of you go on a tangent and accuse it of being fake lol. 

For whatever reason, people have been claiming everything I shared about the Jets plans for Zach as bogus. The stuff with Zach has been proven by his own words, the coaches words, the GMs words, Aaron's words, and their actions. They had a plan for him. Aaron got hurt. That disrupted their plan. Chances are, if they close out the season on a high note they'll try to revisit that plan. Not that complicated. 

It just proves that the overall problem begins and ends with ownership. 

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The only way they could justify bringing him back is if he plays as well the last 4 games as he did yesterday.  Just as good, not a bit worse, not one good one bad game.  Is he as bad as he is often portrayed?  Not in my opinion but I also do not think the Houston game was some big light bulb moment.

I feel like his upside is around Jameis Winston level, I think it's time to just move on and keep looking.     

It just seems weird there's so much hate and anomosity towards Zach.  Good, bad, or indifferent, the kid takes his lumps and keeps on playing whenever they call his number.  You can question his talent.  You can say he's not a viable NFL QB.  But those of you who question his character, you're really saying more about yourself than you are about him.  There's no disgrace in failing at something because you weren't good enough.  

I hope he plays as well in the remaining games this season as he did in this last.  I hope he continues to grow and has a long and successful career somewhere in the league.  And if he doesn't make it, I sure as hell am not gonna disrespect him.  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

Maybe instead of writing statements as if they are facts, clarify your point by writing "I think"? 

Don't think its too much to ask for 

Or, any post lacking a cited source should likely just be presumed to be opinion based.

If you're uncertain, you could ask for a cited source.

Of course, insiders such as yourself cannot cite sources either, we just have to trust that you're not making things up, or citing unreliable sources.

Generally, us non-insiders are almost always giving opinions.  

5 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t believe it was the Jets fault. My take on Zach is that he has all the tools to be a very good NFL QB. His problem is in his head. Yesterday, and perhaps for the remainder of the season, he may be relaxed enough to play his best football. However I think he thinks too much and it slows down his processing. 

they were running the same run run pass bullsh*t in the first half

this is on Nate and Bobby boy