Will Bryce Huff get extended?

Bronx

18 minutes ago, football guy said:

I can't see them getting a 1st. I can absolutely see them getting a 2nd. 

The team I'm keeping an eye on is the Cardinals. They have the money, the capital, and the need. Their pass rush is amongst the worst in the league, Jonathan Gannon likes edge rushers who are built for the "wide 9", and Monti Ossenfort is close with JD. It's not likely to be a good free agent crop either with Josh Allen and Brian Burns likely getting franchised. 

Gannon coming from Philly and the style of defense they ran, I could see that.

Arizona will also be picking early in the 2nd which would be a good thing.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Given our needs along the OL and WR, I think we are going to have to dip into FA enough that a comp pick may not be int the cards.  I think tag and trade would be our best option to ensure we get something for him.  A day 2 pick to be used on offense would be nice.

This is where JD has to show some gonads.   He needs to tag Huff and assume he is paying his tag amount.  I needs to bet that someone will trade for him.  If not Mosley/JFM/Tomlinson may need to go to pay for hit. 

On 12/19/2023 at 10:46 AM, Bronx said:

What will Bubba Turk Dogass decide? 

Discuss.

Personally, I love Bryce Huff, and I would pay the guy $15M per year to keep him, if I could.

The Jets have done so much worse in their history, then to keep Bryce Huff, even at that price.  

In a passing league, you need a guy like Bryce Huff on your team.  To me, it's a no-brainer.

If the Jets let him walk, then I will shake my head, every time the guy puts pressure and gets sacks on another team.  

If I'm the GM, Bryce Huff stays.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Alka said:

Personally, I love Bryce Huff, and I would pay the guy $15M per year to keep him, if I could.

The Jets have done so much worse in their history, then to keep Bryce Huff, even at that price.  

In a passing league, you need a guy like Bryce Huff on your team.  To me, it's a no-brainer.

If the Jets let him walk, then I will shake my head, every time the guy puts pressure and gets sacks on another team.  

If I'm the GM, Bryce Huff stays.  

You drafted a cheaper replacement in Will McDonald .    You can move Will McDonald in a trade , but is that a wise choice.     You can only have so much money invested  in one position , without affecting your ability to address other need areas.

On 12/19/2023 at 10:59 AM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Douglas may not be graced with the opportunity to make such decision. But who every has the title may have to franchise him. Brad below saws $13M. I think it's more so $15-16M.

This guy has the correct numbers for Huff, The Jets could sign him if they wanted too.  I agree they most likely won't. People talking Joey Bosa and TJ Watt numbers for Huff are just insane. All because of the high pressure rate. He stinks against the run. He is not a complete player.

• Upvote 2

On 12/19/2023 at 10:59 AM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Douglas may not be graced with the opportunity to make such decision. But who every has the title may have to franchise him. Brad below saws $13M. I think it's more so $15-16M.

Drafted his replacement?  Lol, that’s a good one.  McDonald was a bad pick then and is one now.  We needed help on the offense and we draft defense.  JD dragging us down for the 5th year.

• Upvote 2

Franchise tag for DE is like 19.5 million.

No team is paying him that much and no team is trading for him at that price if the jets franchised him.

I believe the jets will resign him but they sure shouldn't.  The jets should be going after TWO olineman in FA and draft one high as well.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Franchise tag for DE is like 19.5 million.

No team is paying him that much and no team is trading for him at that price if the jets franchised him.

I believe the jets will resign him but they sure shouldn't.  The jets should be going after TWO olineman in FA and draft one high as well.

They can resign him and load up on the offense w/o an issue. Lots of guys to be cut, restructured and let go. 

4 hours ago, Barton said:

They can resign him and load up on the offense w/o an issue. Lots of guys to be cut, restructured and let go. 

This is fine to say but the moment you start listing the guys to be cut or not paid people like you with huff holler blue murder.

Some of the guys we should dump have big cap hits to do so, some of them are taboo due to rodgers.

Like most Jet planing this postilion has been poorly planned.   They should have extendd Huff last year, instead they draft a replacement guy in McDonald and huff has another good year.  Now they have to pay a very high value for him and once again we are going to pay tons of money for a 45% of D snap player?

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is fine to say but the moment you start listing the guys to be cut or not paid people like you with huff holler blue murder.

Some of the guys we should dump have big cap hits to do so, some of them are taboo due to rodgers.

Like most Jet planing this postilion has been poorly planned.   They should have extendd Huff last year, instead they draft a replacement guy in McDonald and huff has another good year.  Now they have to pay a very high value for him and once again we are going to pay tons of money for a 45% of D snap player?

Alot if hate on the McDonald talent but the process that led to the pick is solid.

I get everyone is the sky is falling, but aside from injuries the drafts have been great. Much better than what you typically get.

I like the pick and Tippmann for that matter great future starters.

21 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Gannon coming from Philly and the style of defense they ran, I could see that.

Arizona will also be picking early in the 2nd which would be a good thing.

Agree, I think 34 might be a little rich from Arizona’s side though. On one hand I could see 34 for Huff and 73 - values him late second.

But on the other hand Arizona has 66, 71, and 80 right now so I don’t know what 73 really adds. With all those thirds plus the two first round picks I bet they’d be willing to unload one of those, maybe plus something if there was interest, though. It’s an interesting fit.

17 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

You drafted a cheaper replacement in Will McDonald .    You can move Will McDonald in a trade , but is that a wise choice.     You can only have so much money invested  in one position , without affecting your ability to address other need areas.

I think it is a wiser choice to trade any other edge player on the Jets other than Bryce Huff.  Huff is only 25 years old, and is the best edge rusher we have, by far.  McDonald hasn't proven he can match the ability of Huff.  Do you want to take a chance and hope that McDonald develops into the next Bryce Huff?  Trade or let go Huff, and if McDonald doesn't prove out, then the Jets are back to square 1, needing another quality edge rusher.

Again, to me, it's a no-brainer.  Keep Huff.

I'll be surprised if we do.  Too many other needs and not enough money to throw around.  LT, RT, WR2, DT2, QB2, WR4 or 5, RB2, potentially S.

Let's say we bring back Becton at RT on a cheap one year deal, and we sign Ashtyn Davis for cheap to take over for Whitehead, there are still some expensive holes listed there.  LT, WR2, and DT2 being the big ones.  LT or WR2 will be addressed in the 1st round.  The rest will need to be found through free agency.  I just don't see how we'll be able to afford all of those guys, our draft class, AND Huff.  

You drafted McDonald in preparation of this.  Trust you drafted the right guy.  Also trust JJ will continue to get even better.  Trust in your ability to find quality edge rushers late in or after the draft, like you did with Huff in the first place.  It sucks, but it's part of the game.