Jets vs Commanders - The Game Thread

Maxman

1 minute ago, ausman said:

Those looking for a tank… I don’t think you’re considering what losing out would do psychologically to the younger players on this team.  More than anything, they need to have hope and confidence in their own abilities going into next season.  Winning now  is the only way to do that.  The draft?  That’s a crap shoot.

you know what they say about lipstick and pigs

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna start the rumor that the Jets OL let Zach get wrecked against the Dolphins because Zach didn’t spring for Christmas gifts this year

With like 16 different starting offensive lines, and QBs, how does that even work?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna start the rumor that the Jets OL let Zach get wrecked against the Dolphins because Zach didn’t spring for Christmas gifts this year

Sort of like when Rex told the oline to not try and let McElroy get killed with 11 sacks when McEloy was critical of the Jets coaching?

• Upvote 1

Those looking for a tank… I don’t think you’re considering what losing out would do psychologically to the younger players on this team.  More than anything, they need to have hope and confidence in their own abilities going into next season.  Winning now  is the only way to do that.  The draft?  That’s a crap shoot.
And not just their own abilities - working for a coaching staff and a team who say that losing is something they do on purpose? Screw that. Players don't tank, coaches don't tank.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

How does that guy go offsides on a punt like that? They obviously tanking and are good actors as well. 
So they screw up on purpose, in order for the next coaching staff to cut them because they screw up so much??

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sort of like when Rex told the oline to not try and let McElroy get killed with 11 sacks when McEloy was critical of the Jets coaching?

The Raiders OL did it to Derek Carr during the whole kneeling fiasco, too. IIRC, Rodney Hudson’s wife tweeted about it

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life72 said:

I don't get our defensive scheme.  We play Miami who has ONE threat but they don't matchup against him or take him out.  Soft zone.

We play Howell and okay WRs and the CBs are manning up and shutting them down.  Why can't we do this against good WRs too?

I understand you don't want to break your scheme every week. But not having Sauce on the other team's top WR most of the game  is malpractice.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ausman said:

A lot of people I respect here get upset at late season wins. Other than the Lawrence year, I never have.

CS’s are coaching for their jobs, and the young guys want to win. The main reason though is after 50+ years of watching the Jets I stopped believing we’d “fix this with the draft” a long time ago.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1