Jets vs Commanders - The Game Thread

Maxman

33 minutes ago, ausman said:

Those looking for a tank… I don’t think you’re considering what losing out would do psychologically to the younger players on this team.  More than anything, they need to have hope and confidence in their own abilities going into next season.  Winning now  is the only way to do that.  The draft?  That’s a crap shoot.

you know how detrimental it will be for all these young guys who are our future if we lost 9 out of the last 10? we got to play to win every game.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Now that we won’t be able to get a top 2 LT or top 3 QB, this place is gonna be lit when all of you realize Becton and Zach are coming back in 24.

This is my point I've been making for 10 years.

We keep winning these meaningless games to save the jobs if bad coaches and gms because woody is a bad owner. We will forever stay in this position.

• Upvote 2

This is my point I've been making for 10 years.

We keep winning these meaningless games to save the jobs if bad coaches and gms because woody is a bad owner. We will forever stay in this position.
So we need to hire a coach who's too dumb to try to save his job ... or something else? Not sure what the expectation is.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, ausman said:

Those looking for a tank… I don’t think you’re considering what losing out would do psychologically to the younger players on this team.  More than anything, they need to have hope and confidence in their own abilities going into next season.  Winning now  is the only way to do that.  The draft?  That’s a crap shoot.

To add to that, what does losing out look like for free agent players that are considering contracts from us and other teams?

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Okay kids, I’m heading over to my sister’s house for the Feast of the Seven Fishes! My favorite night of the year!

Merry Christmas to all! I hope Santa is good to you and all your loved ones!

I miss those days, the feast of the seven fishes was one of my favorite nights as well. 

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you and yours! 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Okay kids, I’m heading over to my sister’s house for the Feast of the Seven Fishes! My favorite night of the year!

Merry Christmas to all! I hope Santa is good to you and all your loved ones!

Enjoy

if Garrett can set a damn td Santa will be very nice

easy on the desserts

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jamesr said:

So we need to hire a coach who's too dumb to try to save his job ... or something else? Not sure what the expectation is.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We need an owner who is smart enough not to make moves based on headlines and talking heads. He needs to hold people accountable for not having a plan when Aaron Rodgers went down. How many other qbs went down this season? How many were as bad as the Jets after? How many had no plans besides us? Robert Saleh's job is more secure than Bill Bellichecks. Laughable.

Have our QB scouts scouts been fired? Have we been able to develop a QB in the last 20 years? Have we had a coherent plan?

What does coaching for your job even mean? You mean he could have done this the entire time and only choose to try when his job was on the line? You see how that's worse.