****OFFICIAL JETS GAME DAY FLACCO V SALEH THREAD****

T0mShane

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Sort of intrigued by the prospect of drafting Jayden Daniels at 8, tbh

Same here but it's probably not worth getting your hopes up in any way.  After that critical win against the Commanders (that will, no doubt, give us a huge wave of momentum going into next year!) he'll probably be drafted before we even get a chance to take him.  But even if he is available, I can't see JD investing into a QB who won't play for 1-2 years when he's desperately trying to make the playoffs to save his job.  And we don't have a 2nd rounder, so it's not like JD can just draft OL in rounds 2 and 3.

• Upvote 4

Will Flacco "take the Browns to the Super Bowl"?
Browns will more than likely get the 5th seed. Jax will probably be 4th. I'd favour Cleveland in that match up.

Doubt they'll go much further but they won't be one and done.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Browns look like they'll be the 5 seed, and play a team like the Jaguars in the Wild Card round. I would love to see them end up playing the Baltimore Ravens in the divisional round. Browns beat the Ravens, and Lamar Jackson becomes 1-4 as a starter in the playoffs. That's when I start bumping those Lamar Jackson threads, Tuscany. lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

9 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Browns will more than likely get the 5th seed. Jax will probably be 4th. I'd favour Cleveland in that match up.

Doubt they'll go much further but they won't be one and done.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Browns look like they'll be the 5 seed, and play a team like the Jaguars in the Wild Card round. I would love to see them end up playing the Baltimore Ravens in the divisional round. Browns beat the Ravens, and Lamar Jackson becomes 1-4 as a starter in the playoffs. That's when I start bumping those Lamar Jackson threads, Tuscany. lol

I didn't mean it in the literal sense.  :)

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/take+the+Browns+to+the+Super+Bowlimage.png.eae923cbec3ef22cabf90cd465efb484.png

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

The player on the Browns I'm most concerned about is Myles Garrett not Flacco. He has man handled Jets Oline players in the past. As for Flacco he's playing well but maybe a little overhyped. He has 10 Tds but 7 picks so far in 2023. The Jets D-line can get to him. The question is can the Jets Oline protect Siemian. No Jets Qb this season incl Siemian has played well and responded to a pass rush adequately. I don't think that will change much today. Plus Browns team is energized by their recent success after starting QB out for season. Things could change tonight maybe Siemian has a Flacco like performance and visa versa for Joe.  But Cleveland 24 Jets 10. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I didn't mean it in the literal sense. 
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/take+the+Browns+to+the+Super+Bowlhttp://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2023_12/image.png.eae923cbec3ef22cabf90cd465efb484.png
Not an expression I've ever heard of until now - thanks for expanding my vocabulary!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Browns are going to beat the Jags in the Wild Card round, so we are getting the Ravens vs Browns in the divisional round. I am not saying the Browns are going to the Super Bowl, but I am saying they got a punchers chance at going to the AFC Championship game. If Lamar loses to the Browns at home in the divisional round, it's going to be poetic. 

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Browns are going to beat the Jags in the Wild Card round, so we are getting the Ravens vs Browns in the divisional round. I am not saying the Browns are going to the Super Bowl, but I am saying they got a punchers chance at going to the AFC Championship game. If Lamar loses to the Browns at home in the divisional round, it's going to be poetic. 

Would that be considered the "loser leaves town" game?  :)

I’ve said from the start of the season the Browns defense is everything we claim ours is, just better. 

Flacco clearly far from done. He looked good for us in limited play last year + looks darn good this year, in the “year of backup QBs that make Zach look even worse than putrid excrement”.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Apparently the browns are resting ten starters for this game.  I can only hope saleh points this out to the jets players and makes them understand they shouldn’t lose to such a depleted team.

Ugh I hope this isn’t true. An empty win against backups doesn’t help this team in any way 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Same here but it's probably not worth getting your hopes up in any way.  After that critical win against the Commanders (that will, no doubt, give us a huge wave of momentum going into next year!) he'll probably be drafted before we even get a chance to take him.  But even if he is available, I can't see JD investing into a QB who won't play for 1-2 years when he's desperately trying to make the playoffs to save his job.  And we don't have a 2nd rounder, so it's not like JD can just draft OL in rounds 2 and 3.

I keep doing the mock draft machine thing and my choices at 8 are Daniels, the RT who “struggles in pass pro,” and the WR4 who has good ball skills but runs a 4.75.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sort of intrigued by the prospect of drafting Jayden Daniels at 8, tbh

If he’s there when we pick and we take a pass for OL or WR just burn everything down.

The only way this team will ever compete in the AFCE going forward will be with a young FQB. If we don’t find one nothing else matters.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I keep doing the mock draft machine thing and my choices at 8 are Daniels, the RT who “struggles in pass pro,” and the WR4 who has good ball skills but runs a 4.75.

The good news is that we can trade the pick away for Devante Adams!   Maybe we can throw in a 2025 1st rounder, too.