Soft Gardner tweeting out his “stats” after an embarrassing loss again

Matt39

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

We already know Saleh is coming back. They’re not tweaking the defense. These guys aren’t brains like Belichick. I honestly don’t believe Saleh and Ulrixh have the capability of doing anything really beyond playing a Tampa 2. Sauce was likely a Woody pick anyways as he isn’t a scheme fit at 4 overall. 

even so, highy unlikely they trade sauce. and they will likely be gone by 2025

26 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Sauce is a more likeable guy and an exceptional cover corner.   That said, Revis was a great tackler.  Sauce occasionally doesn’t even attempt to make the tackle.

Revis was definitely the better overall player. He had no weaknesses.

Sauce is an elite cover corner though. Some are suggesting we trade him because of his tackling. That’s crazy. He does his main job at an elite level.

Was Prime known for his tackling? 

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Sauce is an elite cover corner though. Some are suggesting we trade him because of his tackling. That’s crazy. He does his main job at an elite level.

Revis problem was he was the most selfish person to ever walk the earth.

How can you build a team with the cap when one guy is interested in

grabbing every buck, Players like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomed and even

Danny Dimes , didn't try to grab every nickel so management could build their

team. In 2015 he became a fat greedy bastid and let Sammy Watkins run

wild extinguishing our last chance at the playoffs

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

another guy we can move on from if the team had any brains. 

Gardner can BLANKET a receiver while that receiver is putting on 57 moves on his route.  I think he’s even better at that than Revis was in his prime.  Opposing offenses virtually NEVER throw to his side, why the Jets don’t loosen up and let him man up against the very best receiver the opposition puts out there that day I don’t know, what I do know is that he’s already probably the #1 CB in the NFL right now.

29 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Prime had the uncanny ability to bait QBs to throw his way and also picked off the ball. Deion also was one of the best PR/KR of all time. People took the tackling because he generated turnovers, blanketed receivers and scored touchdowns. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

I see what you are saying now. This is a statement more about them not using Sauce to his full capacity as a shut down man corner?

Saleh is misusing Gardner. Period.  We are getting mid round value (all one needs for Saleh scheme) for a top 5 pick. Makes no sense.  I blame Saleh. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

I think his point is actually that Sauce sucks and is soft.  It’s brilliant stuff. 

He is right in that sauce refuses to tackle too often.  We see it every week. Not sure why Saleh lets that go. I mean not only is Saleh wasting all that talent, but he doesn't look to develop him at all when he needs it. i.e. you tackle in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He is right in that sauce refuses to tackle too often.  We see it every week. Not sure why Saleh lets that go. I mean not only is Saleh wasting all that talent, but he doesn't look to develop him at all when he needs it. i.e. you tackle in the NFL.

Could easily counter with Jermaine Johnson plays his ass off and is being utilized properly, which I’ve said a ton. He’s been a beast all season. You’re not being honest with yourself if you’re ok with sauces effort in tackling. Zone corners have to tackle. Here’s an example of what an elite zone corner looks like:

2 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Revis problem was he was the most selfish person to ever walk the earth.

How can you build a team with the cap when one guy is interested in

grabbing every buck, Players like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomed and even

Danny Dimes , didn't try to grab every nickel so management could build their

team. In 2015 he became a fat greedy bastid and let Sammy Watkins run

wild extinguishing our last chance at the playoffs

I was agreeing with most of what you said until you got to Danny Dimes. He’s the most overpaid player in the NFL.

Yes, Revis wanted every penny. On the field with the Jets, he was a complete corner. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Prime had the uncanny ability to bait QBs to throw his way and also picked off the ball. Deion also was one of the best PR/KR of all time. People took the tackling because he generated turnovers, blanketed receivers and scored touchdowns. 

Agree. Prime was a better player.

But what’s the bar? Sauce is an all-pro caliber cover corner who is not a good tackler and doesn't get many turnovers.

While he can improve his game, he’s still a top player on our team and he’s a top 5 corner in the league.

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

I dont think he's ever gonna tackle with conviction. He just had a notable concussion, no less.

And I'm ok with that as long as he keeps shutting guys down. However, Ulbrich/Saleh need to move him around. Enough with this "scheme" bs.

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Gardner can BLANKET a receiver while that receiver is putting on 57 moves on his route.  I think he’s even better at that than Revis was in his prime.  Opposing offenses virtually NEVER throw to his side, why the Jets don’t loosen up and let him man up against the very best receiver the opposition puts out there that day I don’t know, what I do know is that he’s already probably the #1 CB in the NFL right now.

Because, my fellow Jets fan, Robert Saleh is a prototype meathead.

• Haha 2