Which WR will the Jets acquire this offseason?

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Giving up a 3rd round pick, 2nd round pick and that big salary for a 31 year old WR would be absolutely insane.

Now, it's kinda right up JD's alley these days but still a terrible decision.

It would be ludicrous.  If that's JD's plan then I'll take back anything positive I ever said about the guy.

• Upvote 1

I think we should spend $ on OL and draft WR. 

WR seem to hit much earlier in their careers and decline sooner. 

OL take a couple years to adjust and play well into their mid 30s 

If a bigger name WR needs to be taken in FA then sign me up for Higgins. He compliments GW perfectly 

• Upvote 1

No to Adams. The Raiders would bend Douglas over and make him hold his toes in any trade negotiations.

Higgins would look good opposite Wilson. But he will get a truckload of money on the open market and I'm not sure that Douglas has the wherewithal salary cap wise to beat out his suitors.

Hopkins would be great as a stopgap but he chose to go elsewhere when he was a free agent this last offseason so I doubt he would come to the Jets willingly.

I assume that whomever is the next head coach and GM of the Chargers will be reluctant to part with him, but if they are looking to refresh their roster around Herbert, would love to see what they would want for Keenan Allen. If he is available cheap, then we should take a shot.

3 hours ago, football guy said:

I’m weary of both Adams and Evans. The Jets need speed and separation ability opposite Wilson, and both guys are starting to get up there in age. I do think one of them are the most likely to become Jets though. 

The guy I want most is Tee Higgins but just not confident the Jets would convince him to come here with what will be a robust market. 

Love Higgins but he'll want bar setting numbers for his contract. Seems very unlikely. Adams is the obvious hand to be played but draft capital and age are working against him IMO

Draft Keon Coleman if it comes down to it. He's everything we lack in the WR room... I like MW, but he's never been a poster boy for Healthy, and that's significant injury he suffered in 2023... Count me out on DK, besides his antics, his game is B+ at the best of times. He skates by on Athleticism but that'll run out eventually.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Paradis said:

Love Higgins but he'll want bar setting numbers for his contract. Seems very unlikely. Adams is the obvious hand to be played but draft capital and age are working against him IMO

Draft Keon Coleman if it comes down to it. He's everything we lack in the WR room... I like MW, but he's never been a poster boy for Healthy, and that's significant injury he suffered in 2023... Count me out on DK, besides his antics, his game is B+ at the best of times. He skates by on Athleticism but that'll run out eventually.

I love Keon Coleman 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I love Keon Coleman 

He's WR2 for me, and it might be closer to WR1A and B with Harrison. Admittedly I haven't dug into Nabors yet, but Coleman the way he moves at 6'4+ and the finesse on his craft? That sh*t is raaaaaaaaaaaaare

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

There are so many players in the draft who would fill that big body receiver mold we’re going to be looking for, it just sucks that our OL is so abysmal that we almost have no choice but to invest that 1st in the top tackle. We’re fortunate that it’s a stud tackle class as well

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

There are so many players in the draft who would fill that big body receiver mold we’re going to be looking for, it just sucks that our OL is so abysmal that we almost have no choice but to invest that 1st in the top tackle. We’re fortunate that it’s a stud tackle class as well

I know, classic Jets. We often find ourselves at odds with situations like this. If you wanted to grab a QB to groom and big body WR, this is the draft for you. Seems like a fantasy to think the Jets will be in a position to take advantage--

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He's WR2 for me, and it might be closer to WR1A and B with Harrison. Admittedly I haven't dug into Nabors yet, but Coleman the way he moves at 6'4+ and the finesse on his craft? That sh*t is raaaaaaaaaaaaare

I also like Nabers a lot 

I have MHJ, nabers, and Coleman well above everyone else 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Dude just catches everything. The body control and ability to just haul balls in is sick.

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

Very true. LTs are truly harder to find though. We’re kind of stuck.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

That would be far too much.  

Maybe a 3rd in total and even that's going to be a lot for a 31 year old WR - who will turn 32 around the same time our QB will turn 41.

They not getting him for a 3rd.  Were you doing some ayahuasca? 

14 minutes ago, football guy said:

Do you think the Jets would pass on Nabers, Coleman or Adunze for Latham or the Oregon State kid? I know its early, but it seems like a possible reach. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Do you think the Jets would pass on Nabers, Coleman or Adunze for Latham or the Oregon State kid? I know its early, but it seems like a possible reach. 

Yes. I think Fuaga is going to climb throughout the process and will wind up a consensus top 10 pick. 

I don’t know about Latham and Mims just yet. I think grades on them will vary. Tyler Guyton and Kingsley Suamataia are also going to be risers. When it’s all said and done wouldn’t be shocked if 6 OTs go top 20

• Upvote 1

Just now, football guy said:

Yes. I think Fuaga is going to climb throughout the process and will wind up a consensus top 10 pick. 

I don’t know about Latham and Mims just yet. I think grades on them will vary. Tyler Guyton and Kingsley Suamataia are also going to be risers. When it’s all said and done wouldn’t be shocked if 6 OTs go top 20

Maybe. Its so early that it is hard to tell but if Fuaga tests well, I can see it. 

The front office has been pretty consistent about wanting to have all their holes patched in FA before getting to the draft. I'm still slightly confident that the Jets will pretend that they are going to start AVT at OT going into the draft so they don't get pigeonholed into selecting an offensive tackle. 

27 minutes ago, football guy said:

Off topic here, but what do you (or anyone else) think the chances are the Jets would trade a key defensive player in order to  get either a high draft pick or established OL/WR?

I’m not crazy about robbing Peter to pay Paul but these are desperate times.

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Off topic here, but what do you (or anyone else) think the chances are the Jets would trade a key defensive player in order to  get either a high draft pick or established OL/WR?

I’m not crazy about robbing Peter to pay Paul but these are desperate times.

Only guy I can see being traded is Huff via tag & trade for 2nd/3rd round value. Don’t think they would be willing to break up the rest of the group

This team has placed themselves in quite the conundrum.

They seem to have found a way to be in a win now situation when everything about them says they’re two years away on offense.
It’s not often you see a team with a one, maybe two year window need this much help.

I’d love the jets to sign Higgins (if he goes to FA) vs giving up valuable resources for adams. Given the situation though, I think the team will make adams their 1a choice. WR is a huge need. Lazard was never supposed to be the clear cut WR2 on this team. Him and Corey davis were supposed to kind of swap in and out depending on packages. Lazard was a system fit that was supposed to be heavily used in the running game. Unfortunately, once the OL crumbled, lazards strengths as a blocker couldn’t be utilized as this team consistently fell behind. This team was supposed to be a run heavy, ball control offense with Aaron being the guy that finished drives in the red zone. 

Anyways…my overall concerns here is that the jets fail to land a guy in free agency. We never get the quality players as this landing spot has proven to be a bad business decision. Let’s be honest here, if the money is the same, this situation will be one of the lesser destinations in the league. 40 something year old qb coming off an injury with what could be a lame duck coaching staff and front office. It’s going to be a tough sell so the only way we may be able to land a difference maker is via trade. Picks? Players? I don’t know what it takes but in order to get a guy, we’re going to have to give something up. 

Assuming we miss out on the top QBs/LTs/Marvin Jr. I’d be very happy with Odunze or Nabers. I think they’re the clear WR 2/3 after Harrison. 

Doesn’t Coleman have poor separation?

• Sympathy 1