Do you want the Jets to beat the Patriots?

Do you want the Jets to win against the Patriots?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Jets to beat the Patriots?

• Yes - beat Belichick and those hated Patriots
    • No - a better Draft position is more important

Any shot at Harrison Jr?

Jets don’t have a 2nd rounder this year, but normally the pain is really felt on day 2 as you have all night to refresh your draft board and reassess, wishing you picked a bit sooner.

Like Tee Higgins going off the board and so you trade back and end up with Denzel Mims.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

When April rolls around, nobody is going to give a damn about who won this game.  If we lose, maybe that means we can come away with an Alt/Fashanu and it likely takes the Pats out of Maye/Williams/MHJ position.

I’m more convinced than ever that we could have the top 10 picks and still be worse next year. There isn’t one damn person in that building who is good at their job and knows what they are doing.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

When April rolls around, nobody is going to give a damn about who won this game.  If we lose, maybe that means we can come away with an Alt/Fashanu and it likely takes the Pats out of Maye/Williams/MHJ position.

I largely agree, but I do think that ending Belichick’s Pats career with a loss while he simultaneously ties for the most career losses by a HC all-time would be pretty sweet and would stick with many of us.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I largely agree, but I do think that ending Belichick’s Pats career with a loss while he simultaneously ties for the most career losses by a HC all-time would be pretty sweet and would stick with many of us.

That can be our consolation prize if we win.

• Upvote 3

The glass-half-full viewpoint is that this game is a no-lose situation: either Belichick loses his (potentially) last game as a Patriot to his most-hated team in front of a booing crowd of discontented, bandwagon-jumping home “fans”, or the Jets potentially improve their draft position while damaging the Patriots’.  Add the possibility of a slipping-and-sliding bad-weather game and I’m actually looking forward to it a little.

Sad to say, this year I don't really have any particularly strong feeling either way, as to be honest I'm all but certain this team will manage to screw up the whole situation regardless, especially when tripling down on the same incompetent decision-makers.

Odds are high that in a few years from now (if not sooner), whatever happens over the next few months will not be looked back upon particularly fondly.

Tough one. 
Lose and the BB probably ends his Pats career with a win against the Jets but the Jets will have a better draft spot (not that it matters since they don’t know how to draft) and the Pats will drop down. 

Win and it sends BB down the road with a loss to a division rival but then the Pats will have a top pick and the Jets could drop down. 

I’ve decided, I don’t care 

• Sympathy 1

I would like a win....

But I doubt the Jets get off the bus, the weather is gonna bad and freezing, the players want to go home, seasons over.. 

They know the coaching staff is coming back...they don't care about the streak, ugly game ahead.

saleh is emotionless on sideline, no accountability, siemeien and hackett"ugh" and the d will quit eventually...  

The poll question is kind of unfair.  Do I want the Jets to beat the Pats?  Of course I do! 

The question is really more "would I be willing to sacrifice the enjoyment that would come with that win for the benefits that would come with a loss?"  My answer is yes, I would.

• Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I treat this like a Pre Season Game

All the young guys play.   Izzy gets 15 carries.   McDonald gets 40 snaps.

Let Rodgers take all the snaps today and try to get him to >= 65% on the season.  "Draft picks don't matter!!!"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Please NFL go a draft lottery. 

This

But knowing our luck and how the nfl loves to shaft the jets, I can see them 100% implementing a draft lottery system the season we have the most losses and a true generational QB is up for grabs 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

This

But knowing our luck and how the nfl loves to shaft the jets, I can see them 100% implementing a draft lottery system the season we have the most losses and a true generational QB is up for grabs 

I’m just really sick of the idiotic tank talk. A lottery system would eliminate that.

• Sympathy 1