It’s official, jets have the 10th pick in the 2024 draft

15 minutes ago, King P said:

That's not a good thing, because they can draft Marvin Harrison Jr

Drake Maye sucks, I'd rather they draft him and set their franchise back some years

The new coach and gm will probably want to draft their QB… Bill looked like a goner…

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Glad the Pats are at 3 instead of 2, bye bye drake maye

The scene is next year's Jets/Patriots game.  MHJ is cutting the Jets up for 173 yards in the 1st half but The Great Jeff Ulbrich refuses to put Sauce Gardner on him because it doesn't fit his scheme.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 3
  • Haha 3

Wouldn’t surprise me if JD moves around a lot in this draft, up and down 

The number 10 pick recently 

Garett Wilson

DeVonta Smith

Jedrick Wills

Devin Bush

Josh Rosen lol

Pat Mahomes 

Eli Apple 

Todd Gurley

• Upvote 1

Well golly gee if Bob Saleh says every thing good...then heck everything is good.  We trust JD to draft the right all gas no brake individual and that individual rest assured will be lifted up by golly and everyone will be sorry they didnt believe in us!

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The scene is next year's Jets/Patriots game.  MHJ is cutting the Jets up for 173 yards in the 1st half but The Great Jeff Ulbrich refuses to put Sauce Gardner on him because it doesn't fit his scheme.

And who's throwing the ball to MHJ? Mac or Zappe?  ;-)  

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Who knows, I assume they are going to rebuild especially if Bill leaves, the new coach and GM  will  want to get a quarterback

1 minute ago, LSJF said:

Who knows, I assume they are going to rebuild especially if Bill leaves, the new coach and GM  will  want to get a quarterback

Well, they can have one of Caleb Williams, Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels if they want.  

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Brock Bowers will be the pick IMO. Best weapon on the board + can block

I think you're right if he drops.  JD and Co were very high on Mayer last draft.  In the draft doc it looked like their board leading up to their pick was Mcdonald -> Mayer -> Jones.  Not to say that was a good thing but it at least tells me they value what a quality TE could do for this offense, and not much has changed since then.  Conklin is still good, Ruckert is still promising, Uzomah is still trash and will likely be gone.

Obviously it depends on how things play out, but right now barring any trades I'd think:

1) CHI(CAR):  Harrison Jr, WR (swap this with pick 2 or 3 if they work out a deal with WAS or NE)

2) WAS:  Williams, QB

3) NE:  Maye, QB

4) ARI:  Nabers, MAYBE one of the LTs, or a defender

5) NYG:  Daniels, QB

6) LAC:  Alt/Olu  (maybe Bowers here)

7) TEN:  Nabers or Olu/Alt, depending who is still there

8 ) ATL:  Defense or Penix Jr

9)  CHI:  Defense probably, maybe OL but doubtful(I don't see them taking two weapons in the top-10)

10) NYJ:  Bowers, Odunze, one of the RTs

Either way there will be some talent there.  A great weapon if we want it, or most likely our choice of whoever we think will be the best RT.  Latham or Fuaga most likely.  There is such a minor chance but still a chance Nabers drops to us, which would be my dream scenario.  It would require ARI taking defense and both LAC and TEN taking the LTs.  I doubt ATL would be a threat to take him, since I'm pretty sure they take Penix.  Chicago ain't gonna take two WRs.  Maybe they trade down, but if they already trade down with NE or WAS I think they'd prefer to just take one of the top defenders still on the board.  Fingers crossed that happens.  Unfortunately though, the draft will probably draft, and some unexpected sh*t will happen.

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, SR24 said:

WR should be addressed in free agency with how weak the OL free agent class is. Tee Higgins or Pittman 

I can’t imagine any of the legit WR options putting this team high on a list of destinations. Guys like Evans and Higgins will be in demand. We’re going to have to over pay as this team hasn’t proven they can utilize WRers.

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I think you're right if he drops.  JD and Co were very high on Mayer last draft.  In the draft doc it looked like their board leading up to their pick was Mcdonald -> Mayer -> Jones.  Not to say that was a good thing but it at least tells me they value what a quality TE could do for this offense, and not much has changed since then.  Conklin is still good, Ruckert is still promising, Uzomah is still trash and will likely be gone.

Obviously it depends on how things play out, but right now barring any trades I'd think:

1) CHI(CAR):  Harrison Jr, WR (swap this with pick 2 or 3 if they work out a deal with WAS or NE)

2) WAS:  Williams, QB

3) NE:  Maye, QB

4) ARI:  Nabers, MAYBE one of the LTs, or a defender

5) NYG:  Daniels, QB

6) LAC:  Alt/Olu  (maybe Bowers here)

7) TEN:  Nabers or Olu/Alt, depending who is still there

8 ) ATL:  Defense or Penix Jr

9)  CHI:  Defense probably, maybe OL but doubtful(I don't see them taking two weapons in the top-10)

10) NYJ:  Bowers, Odunze, one of the RTs

Either way there will be some talent there.  A great weapon if we want it, or most likely our choice of whoever we think will be the best RT.  Latham or Fuaga most likely.  There is such a minor chance but still a chance Nabers drops to us, which would be my dream scenario.  It would require ARI taking defense and both LAC and TEN taking the LTs.  I doubt ATL would be a threat to take him, since I'm pretty sure they take Penix.  Chicago ain't gonna take two WRs.  Maybe they trade down, but if they already trade down with NE or WAS I think they'd prefer to just take one of the top defenders still on the board.  Fingers crossed that happens.  Unfortunately though, the draft will probably draft, and some unexpected sh*t will happen.

Also don’t discount a team like minny trading up for a qb.  

If the consolation prize here is the best RT, that’s ok, they really need one.  

Just now, extmenace said:

I can’t imagine any of the legit WR options putting this team high on a list of destinations. Guys like Evans and Higgins will be in demand. We’re going to have to over pay as this team hasn’t proven they can utilize WRers.

And IMO a big part of that now, is that behind rodgers there’s nobody.  I wonder how hard they’re going to try to get more picks and draft a qb to try to stock the qb room

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

And IMO a big part of that now, is that behind rodgers there’s nobody.  I wonder how hard they’re going to try to get more picks and draft a qb to try to stock the qb room

Mac Jones will be available for us as our next QB2.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Also don’t discount a team like minny trading up for a qb.  

If the consolation prize here is the best RT, that’s ok, they really need one.  

It's a safe bet that at least one, if not both those guys will be there at 10 which should make things easier in free agency.  As opposed to picking at 6 or 7 and basing who you sign around the "hope" that one of Alt or Olu will be there.  I guess there is at least value in that.  Not signing a LT and then watching Alt and Fashanu go ahead of us would sting.  Still I wouldn't be opposed to signing Bakhtiari or some other LT, bringing back Becton for a year at RT, and going into the draft with your eye on Odunze, Bowers, or even a QB if one drops.  

...but yeah I could see Minny moving up for sure.  Then again someone will have to take Nix and McCarthy.  Minny could decide to wait and settle on one of those guys in the 2nd.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

We’ve talked about this a few times. You believe the jets should draft a guy, I don’t think that happens. They’ll need to be aggressive and pay a guy like brisett a little above market value to get them here. Going after a FA back up makes the most sense. Let the 2025 coaching staff either it be saleh and co or the next staff make that decision.

• Sympathy 1

10th pick = Stinkhole

Three QBs:  Williams, Maye, Daniels

Three WRs: Harrison, Nabers, Odunze

Two OTs: Fashanu, Alt

One Edge: Dallas Turner

Bowers will be the highest rated guy on the board but we won't take him.  That leaves Keion Coleman or a 2nd tier over drafted OT like Mims, or Fuaga or god forbid Latham

We might get lucky if someone falls in love with Penix we might be able to trade down.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

10th pick = Stinkhole

Three QBs:  Williams, Maye, Daniels

Three WRs: Harrison, Nabers, Odunze

Two OTs: Fashanu, Alt

One Edge: Dallas Turner

Bowers will be the highest rated guy on the board but we won't take him.  That leaves Keion Coleman or a 2nd tier over drafted OT like Mims, or Fuaga or god forbid Latham

We might get lucky if someone falls in love with Penix we might be able to trade down.

Penix is very talented but a huge injury risk. I don’t know that he is a top10 pick.