Garrett Wilson unloading on the Jets in his end of season media session

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Not exactly true.  Plenty of class organizations will pass up on a talent if he is a malcontent. 

It seems to work at every type of organization now in the NFL. Even the “class” ones. This organization couldn’t be further from that anyways so it doesn’t matter. Whatever he does is justified at this point. 

8 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It seems to work at every type of organization now in the NFL. Even the “class” ones. This organization couldn’t be further from that anyways so it doesn’t matter. Whatever he does is justified at this point. 

Assuming we are talking about cry babies/mal contents and not guys that are involved in serious crimes.  You are right... That does seem to be the trend.  Even the Pats went for Randy Moss.  Regardless, there are many more class players that like to do it right like a true professional vs. the Jamal Adams methods.  Carees of any kind don't exist in a social vacuum.  Lots of players want to be looked on as upstanding people.  It is important to many.   

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Assuming we are talking about cry babies/mal contents and not guys that are involved in serious crimes.  You are right... That does seem to be the trend.  Even the Pats went for Randy Moss.  Regardless, there are many more class players that like to do it right like a true professional vs. the Jamal Adams methods.  Carees of any kind don't exist in a social vacuum.  Lots of players want to be looked on as upstanding people.  It is important to many.   

what is he saying that isn't true or professional? like, is he supposed to look the reporters in the eye and say "this is a normal organization. I am not aware of it being a national laughingstock and I am glad that I didn't have a choice but to come here as a rookie. I look forward to another dozen years of the same." 

He's got a little self respect. good for him 

3 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

what is he saying that isn't true or professional? like, is he supposed to look the reporters in the eye and say "this is a normal organization. I am not aware of it being a national laughingstock and I am glad that I didn't have a choice but to come here as a rookie. I look forward to another dozen years of the same." 

He's got a little self respect. good for him 

We have a different point of view as far as what shows self-respect.  GW was being publicly critical about the team/organization he is a part of.  We all know the Jets offense was historically bad.  

Did we hear  Brick, Mangold or Brandon Moore crush their team when they were part of the worst line in football before Woody and Faneca got there ???

I don't believe that most of the guys that come out of college are diva twits.  Only some of them.  Plenty of upstanding men in the NFL... 

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

I blame Saleh and Douglas.  The best draft pick by the Jets in over 20 years and of course this team does whatever it can to make him unsatisfied.

F**k Saleh, Douglas, Woody and the NY Jets.  Incompetents.

John Conner was the best draft pick! “Boom! There goes another one!”

12 hours ago, Grandy said:

I'll say it again. This organization needs a top to bottom restructuring and a clean house. Uniforms need to be sent to Somalia.

And let Woody get it wrong again?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

More importantly did he just change his number to #5?

I literally just got my ******* kid his 17 jersey for Christmas man

He tweeted before the season that he was changing his # after the season ended.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Grandy said:

I'll say it again. This organization needs a top to bottom restructuring and a clean house. Uniforms need to be sent to Somalia.

how dare you make this reference!!  with only a 5 hp evinrude, 1 bolt action 22,, 1 hand held harpoon and 4 one-star pirate athletes they somehow took over a state of the art ocean freighter, capt and crew

NOW THATS COACHING

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I never understand what good it does for a player to speak like this except to maybe get the media into a frenzy. The truth is, Wilson had an up and down year. He dropped a good amount of passes. We already know we are running the same stuff next year so looking like a malcontent does nobody any good. 

And he had a bad elbow for a few games.  He’s a really good player. It’ll be interesting to see how he does if they pair him with a guy like adams.  Who’ll be the number one guy?

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

lmao this team is so far beyond doomed there aren't words for it. Like, from where the Jets are at now, they could turn around, squint real hard, and just barely make out doomed on the far horizon

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, HessStation said:

More importantly did he just change his number to #5?

I literally just got my ******* kid his 17 jersey for Christmas man

Yes he’s changing.  I think it’s kind of a dick move because of how many people will have the same experience 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seems like a poor idea to build the franchise atop the atrophied bones of a paranoid schizophrenic antisocial loon with unlimited access to hallucinogens, but there are several ways to skin a cat

So you’ve pivoted to a new villain I see 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

lmao this team is so far beyond doomed there aren't words for it. Like, from where the Jets are at now, they could turn around, squint real hard, and just barely make out doomed on the far horizon

This is Carthage, after the Roman Army paid a visit. 

On 1/8/2024 at 10:06 AM, batman10023 said:

who cares about zach's "proxies".  he's going to go somewhere else and be a backup or third string QB.

they had a plan for him to sit this year.   then 4 plays into the season they switched it up and made him play.  they should have gotten another QB and let the kid sit like they said.  

was he a bad pick?  of course.   but I don't think all the fault belongs to him.  But I don't think anyone is really disagreeing with him being bad.  so why not just move on.

I am so glad I blocked Jetsfan80, he makes the board essentially unbearable.

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seems like a poor idea to build the franchise atop the atrophied bones of a paranoid schizophrenic antisocial loon with unlimited access to hallucinogens, but there are several ways to skin a cat

I just spit coke zero on my OLED TV I use as a monitor. That is gold, Jerry. GOLD!!!!

And very very true

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yes he’s changing.  I think it’s kind of a dick move because of how many people will have the same experience 

I just got his #17 jersey  2 weeks ago -___- 

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Some people, unlike Kyrie Irving, believe the earth is round.  In that case, rather than looking back, we should just continue sprinting past doomed until we make it to the other side.  Then we can bring back shiploads of silks and spices! 

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

Collector's editions!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Larz said:

So you’ve pivoted to a new villain I see 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

I just spit coke zero on my OLED TV I use as a monitor. That is gold, Jerry. GOLD!!!!

And very very true

I’m glad we can all move past Zach and go back to hating me for other, less volatile things! 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

but there are several ways to skin a cat

This is definitely true 

I am coping by telling myself that the jets usually do better with lower expectations. So I think everyone laughing at them all offseason is probably not a bad thing.

but this franchise is so cringe right now. It’s hard