Derek Carr

Just now, dbatesman said:

Carr was almost exactly a league-average passer this year (14th in DYAR, 16th in DVOA) and costs a zillion dollars. I was much more in favor of that than trading for Rodgers, and in hindsight it obviously would have produced a better season, but it wouldn’t have been a home run or anything

All I heard was we just need a decent offense with this defense and the team is SB ready.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

All I heard was we just need a decent offense with this defense and the team is SB ready.

Yeah, the “just a quarterback away” stuff was always garbage that people (including the FO and coaching staff!) talked themselves into because it justified the shiny new toy

• Upvote 2

Carr was never really an option. Woody wanted a huge splash with Rodgers the same way he wanted a huge splash with Favre. We gave up more than should have been necessary because every body knew of Woody’s lust. Green Bay knew they could hold out because Woody wanted Rodgers, end of story.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Derek Carr was awful this year.

Did you actually watch a Saints game? His own teammates needed to be restrained because they wanted to assault him on the field, on more than one occasion. 

those numbers are not awful at all.

even if he had some problem with his players he still produced well enough that if he was here we would be getting ready for a playoff game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

even if he had some problem with his players he still produced well enough that if he was here we would be getting ready for a playoff game.

Would have been one and done in the playoffs, wondering how the **** we’d be able to get out of that contract. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would have been one and done in the playoffs, wondering how the **** we’d be able to get out of that contract. 

you could cut him after next year for a 17 mil dead cap hit. 

if Mark Sanchez could beat Brady and Peyton on the road in the playoffs then anything can happen. Carr could do it too.

Carr was the best choice. just take the L. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, doitny said:

you could cut him after next year for a 17 mil dead cap hit. 

if Mark Sanchez could beat Brady and Peyton on the road in the playoffs then anything can happen. Carr could do it too.

Carr was the best choice. just take the L. 

I would encourage you to speak to a Raiders or a Saints fan. 

• Haha 1

My question was: did you watch the saints at all this year?

I don’t care what his stats say. I watched the saints, and Carr was awful.
  • Thumb Down 1

The season was not lost with the decision to not sign Carr vs. going all in on Rodgers.  The season was lost when Trader Joe decided to save some cap space and roll with Wilson as the back up vs. red shirting him...

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Derek Carr

68. 4 % comp........ 6th

3878 yds................13th

25 TDs......................10th

8 INTs..................... 2nd with QBs who started 16 games or more. only Lamar was better with 7 INTs

97.7 Rate................10th

56.4 QBR..................18th

so for all you guys who didnt want him here just take the loss.

oh and we would have had Brodrick Jones as our LT. and maybe T Cody Mauch or WR Jayden Reed with that 2nd rd pick we gave GB.

and dont blame JD, 95 % of you wanted Rodgers.

I'm a big fan of Carr, would have been happy with him but I think we both used each other. He got more money out of the Saints and we applied some pressure to Rodgers/Green Bay. I don't get the feeling he actually would have signed with us over the coach that believed in him from day 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

Derek Carr

68. 4 % comp........ 6th

8 INTs..................... 2nd with QBs who started 16 games or more. only Lamar was better with 7 INTs

oh and we would have had Brodrick Jones as our LT. and maybe T Cody Mauch or WR Jayden Reed with that 2nd rd pick we gave GB.

Seriously? Are we really doing this again?

FTR my choices, in order we’re Mayfield, Carr and Minshew) I never wanted Rodgers and I saw Gutenkorst bending JD over from a mile away. That said, nobody cares about Derek Carr anymore.
It is what it is… We’re stuck with Rodgers.

2 hours ago, doitny said:

Derek Carr

68. 4 % comp........ 6th

Woody is the owner and doesn't hesitate to get involved at the QB position.  He wanted Rodgers so he got Rodgers.

• Upvote 4

Derek Carr was awful this year.
Did you actually watch a Saints game? His own teammates needed to be restrained because they wanted to assault him on the field, on more than one occasion. 

Whereas Zach Wilson ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

yay we would have had an average qb that couldnt even win the weakest division in the nfl. matter of fact he missed the playoffs entirely. and we would have had to pay him 150 million for that privilege.  i don't see how anyone has to "take the l".

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

yay we would have had an average qb that couldnt even win the weakest division in the nfl. matter of fact he missed the playoffs entirely. and we would have had to pay him 150 million for that privilege.  i don't see how anyone has to "take the l".

I think we would have won more games with him. Not sure we win 11 to get into the playoffs. I would have liked our chances against Pit and KC in the first round.