Rodgers Kicked Off McAfee

Just now, neckdemon said:

i really don't get why people like rodgers get on tv and talk about nonsense. nobody gives a sh*t what you think about anything other than football man. shut up about all the other crap. 

Well, that's the thing.  People do give a sh*t.  It drives up ratings, and it's all about the money.

• Post of the Week 1

I just realized that this is only for the season.

If I am understanding this right, we’ll probably have to endure more of this embarrassing nonsense  during the season next year, while Rodgers is actually playing games for us. 

cool

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Remember previous times when players spoke out about non-football things and all the people who were like, "Sports ball players should stick to the sports ball" and now they're like, "They just tryin' to keep Rodgers down. Let the man speak!" Wonder if there's something different about these situations.

Like who Kyrie?

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I just realized that this is only for the season.

If I am understanding this right, we’ll probably have to endure more of this embarrassing nonsense  during the season next year, while Rodgers is actually playing games for us. 

cool

Chances of McAfee making it to next season on ESPN are extremely low.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Remember previous times when players spoke out about non-football things and all the people who were like, "Sports ball players should stick to the sports ball" and now they're like, "They just tryin' to keep Rodgers down. Let the man speak!" Wonder if there's something different about these situations.

what people ? every where I watch and listen they all call out Rodgers to stfu and go away.

this morning on my way to work I heard some ESPN guy named Dan Graziano I think take Rodgers to the cleaners , he called him a liar self absorbed narcissist who should go away and should never heard from again 

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

what people ? every where I watch and listen they all call out Rodgers to stfu and go away.

this morning on my way to work I heard some ESPN guy named Dan Graziano I think take Rodgers to the cleaners , he called him a liar self absorbed narcissist who should go away and should never heard from again 

You should read this thread.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Chances of McAfee making it to next season on ESPN are extremely low.

That’s even scarier because McAfee will get a new platform somewhere less strict and then Rodgers will feel like he can really cut it loose. 

13 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The only thing that would be easier is if Max forced people like this to put MUTE ME NOW!!! in their signature blocks.

So if they don't think like you they should be cancelled . 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The DSM defines narcissistic personality disorder as "a grandiose sense of self importance and entitlement." 

Sufferers are "preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success."

they are "exploitative, lack empathy and require excessive admiration."

👀

I would like to point out that in a group of 100 narcissists, its possible that there is not one with NPD

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The DSM defines narcissistic personality disorder as "a grandiose sense of self importance and entitlement." 

Sufferers are "preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success."

they are "exploitative, lack empathy and require excessive admiration."

👀

This basically describes any of us on JN who bump old threads to say I TOLD YOU SO. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

What people? That’s easy.  Rodgers ticked off the theater kids that make up the cable news/entertainment industry. They were already annoyed that Mcafeee got to skip the line and hire his jock friends. That’s basically a one way ticket to doing your next show on Elons platform. I’m sure Mcafeee isn’t far behind. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

What people? That’s easy.  Rodgers ticked off the theater kids 

Kimmel is employed by ABC and Mcafee by ESPN someone from Disney corporate was like hey dudes wtf 

Because If Kimmel worked for CBS there really might have been a lawsuit and like the recent fox dominion lawsuit Jimmy could have won 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know about that. McAfee is a brand and Rodgers was getting bad for the brand. That antivax nuttery is played out and only appeals to the lunatic fringe at this point. McAfee will get his numbers bump elsewhere next year.

Hope you are right 

We really don’t need this nonsense 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Kimmel is employed by ABC and Mcafee by ESPN someone from Disney corporate was like hey dudes wtf 

Because If Kimmel worked for CBS there really might have been a lawsuit and like the recent fox dominion lawsuit Jimmy could have won 

I doubt it but alas. Mcafeee isn’t a good fit foe espn as it is

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Politics has infiltrated everything. That is why people are more outspoken than ever and brainwashed to have zero tolerance for the other side. It’s beyond repair and the last thing this place needs is for people to see posters as their enemies when all we have to do is talk about the one thing that we all have in common (painful Jets fandom).

I get it with Covid and all the corporate crap and woke debate making sports political but there’s zero reason for it to be here. It’s pathetic that people can’t control themselves. I’m looking at all of you. Get a freakin grip and stop being so gullible to the point of getting worked up about it and ruining this board. Enough is enough. 

Overly neurotic and overly emotional. I mean this is a celebrity pissing match lol. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know about that. McAfee is a brand and Rodgers was getting bad for the brand. That antivax nuttery is played out and only appeals to the lunatic fringe at this point. McAfee will get his numbers bump elsewhere next year.

Played out where? On the upper west side?

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Politics has infiltrated everything. That is why people are more outspoken than ever and brainwashed to have zero tolerance for the other side. It’s beyond repair and the last thing this place needs is for people to see posters as their enemies when all we have to do is talk about the one thing that we all have in common (painful Jets fandom).

I get it with Covid and all the corporate crap and woke debate making sports political but there’s zero reason for it to be here. It’s pathetic that people can’t control themselves. I’m looking at all of you. Get a freakin grip and stop being so gullible to the point of getting worked up about it and ruining this board. Enough is enough. 

People have been ruining this board since before I got here in 2006.  It's what makes it so great!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3