Randy Mueller thinks the Jets could get a 2nd round pick in a tag and trade for Bryce Huff

1 minute ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Mismanagement by JD is an understatement

I just hope one day we find out about all the behind the scenes stuff with the Johnson brothers, Wilson, Salad and JD. We need to know for sure who is to blame. Likely all of them but details would help. 

• Upvote 4

The franchise tag for DE's is gonna be close to $24m according to OTC. If I were Huff, I would force the Jets to tag me then refuse to sign a long term deal with any team. He could really implode the Jets chances of trading him if wants to play on the tag for a season. Douglas did Huff dirty last year, I don't think Huff does us any favors.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Heard Brad Spielberger (PFF’s contracts guy) explain that the Jets are kinda screwed with Huff because he’s really a $13-$15mm AAV guy and the tag is going to start at $20 million, so the acquiring team already starts out in an overpay situation where Huff has all the leverage. Spielberger said the best the Jets can expect is for a team to offer a pick that’s simply higher than the comp pick the Jets would potentially get for losing Huff. Which the Jets wouldn’t get anyway because they’re going to chase bad free agents around. 

Jets adding Getsy and Bahktiari (i don't care how its spelled and wont look it up) or a Trent Brown type and getting nothing for Huff sounds about right. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The franchise tag for DE's is gonna be close to $24m according to OTC. If I were Huff, I would force the Jets to tag me then refuse to sign a long term deal with any team. He could really implode the Jets chances of trading him if wants to play on the tag for a season. Douglas did Huff dirty last year, I don't think Huff does us any favors.

how did Douglas do Huff dirty?

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Heard Brad Spielberger (PFF’s contracts guy) explain that the Jets are kinda screwed with Huff because he’s really a $13-$15mm AAV guy and the tag is going to start at $20 million, so the acquiring team already starts out in an overpay situation where Huff has all the leverage. Spielberger said the best the Jets can expect is for a team to offer a pick that’s simply higher than the comp pick the Jets would potentially get for losing Huff. Which the Jets wouldn’t get anyway because they’re going to chase bad free agents around. 

This is the challenge. A reasonable contract for Huff is 3yr $40m. If the Jets transition tag him and aren’t able to trade him, they can try and trade JFM. But the $20m is an overpay.

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry but we need to keep him.  He is home grown talent and a shining star for Joe Douglas to sign him as an undrafted free agent.  There are no guarenttees with a second round pick.  Managing the cap to keep him will be done.

I'm so out on JD and Saleh ...

Both seem way out of their depth 3 years in.

In JDs press conference he looked like a lost puppy and has horribly mismanaged FA both in house and bringing  in guys.

Saleh as a coach lacks all accountability and discipline... penalties out of control, players aren't held accountable... offense cant find its d**k in the dirt, OC not held accountable. Line coach universally panned as horrible and not held accountable.

We're still a clown shoes organization.

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

how did Douglas do Huff dirty?

They gave Huff every indication that they didn't believe in him.

- didn't work out a reasonable deal last offseason

- hit him with the 2nd round tender, begging a team to give them a pick rather than spending the $3m more on the 1st round tender which would have implied they wanted him.

- then they decided in a year they were gaining All-In on a SB that they felt they could burn a 1st on a player that was barely going to play

- then restructured Lawson to push his cap hit into 2024 when they had a free out to save all of that space.

Maybe I'm reading into that too far but I completely understand if Huff wants to play hard ball

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I'm so out on JD and Saleh ...

Both seem way out of their depth 3 years in.

In JDs press conference he looked like a lost puppy and has horribly mismanaged FA both in house and bringing  in guys.

Saleh as a coach lacks all accountability and discipline... penalties out of control, players aren't held accountable... offense cant find its d**k in the dirt, OC not held accountable. Line coach universally panned as horrible and not held accountable.

We're still a clown shoes organization.

I still think there's some worth in JD but Saleh is an absolute clown.  Can't wait until he gets sh-tcanned.

• Upvote 2