If Bowles beats the Eagles, does Sirianni get fired?

12 minutes ago, Joejet said:

One of Bowles biggest weaknesses was not building a good staff. The was a revolving door of mediocre OC’s and Kacy Rodgers was not DC material.

The Kacy debacle was infuriating here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think the only one that makes sense for them is Vrabel. A lot of openings, but some big names to shoot for out there..

Vrabel would be a beast with the Eagles.

23 minutes ago, section314 said:

It’s the way they are losing. They just look old and disinterested. I could see him getting canned.

Yes this was an epic collapse this season.  Here are their free agents.

image.png

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Eagles honestly look like they don’t even want to be playing today which doesn’t reflect well on the HC.   They canned the SB winner and this is now what they have.   Props to Bowles although the eagles really put up a sh*t effort and 9-8 isn’t exactly dominant.   

This coach got them to the SB last year

I think it's more about losing both coordinators 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Maxman said:

25 to 9 right now. If this holds up, will the Eagles fire Sirianni?

That was one of the worst coaching jobs I ever seen.

Hurts may be worse then Wilson.

Last year he was protected in a bubble and had 30 seconds to throw no more.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

The Eagles look beaten in the 3rd quarter. What happened to team after a 10-1 start and that 1 L was to us. You'd guess the owner will try to figure out why and if the HC lost the team. It was a big drop off of a team who played in SB last year and played well. You'd guess they'll give Siriani another shot but he'll be on a short leash. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The Eagles look beaten in the 3rd quarter. What happened to team after a 10-1 start and that 1 L was to us. You'd guess the owner will try to figure out why and if the HC lost the team. It was a big drop off of a team who played in SB last year and played well. You'd guess they'll give Siriani another shot but he'll be on a short leash. 

If he fired a coach that won a Super Bowl he would have to fire this guy.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Another question, after signing Hurts for such a huge contract, are they now in the QB market again?

23 / 15 isn't going to cut it at the $.

A lot of these big $ QB deals aren't working out well right now. Daniel Jones, Hurts, Josh Allen has looked pedestrian at times.

Baker is playing for $12 an hour.

It is going to make the Dolphins think twice before paying Tua.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Maxman said:

A lot of these big $ QB deals aren't working out well right now. Daniel Jones, Hurts, Josh Allen has looked pedestrian at times.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39316577/dolphins-gm-says-contract-talks-tua-tagovailoa-pick-up

Dolphins GM says contract talks with Tua Tagovailoa to pick up

"We've stayed in touch with his agent, had good conversations throughout the year," Grier said. "Never talked about money or anything, just good conversations about where he is. ... The goal is to have him here long term, playing at a high level. That's always the goal.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

That was one of the worst coaching jobs I ever seen.

Hurts may be worse then Wilson.

Last year he was protected in a bubble and had 30 seconds to throw no more.

You might be tongue in cheek about being worse than Wilson but the play he took the safety on was like watching a Wilson clone. Several chances to throw it away, keeps fading, then it’s too late.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Baker won't be playing for $12 an hour next season. I'll be curious if he looks the same. It's hard to do it year after year which is why I think the Hurts (and upcoming Dak/Tua) deals will be tough for their teams. I think Baker has more of a vibe to him than those guys do and can take over a game on his own, but he's pretty inconsistent over long periods of time he'll be really good and then he'll be really bad.

However, a top 10 QB contract is a beast. It's not even how it can hamstring what you surround the QB with, but the expectations added on top of everything else are immense. You're absolutely right that teams need to be more careful handing those out. Teams should also be a lot more willing to let QBs play it out. The Dolphins are probably going to give Tua somewhere between 52.5 and 56 million a year on an extension (they are not thinking twice.. they have been all in on him for at least 3 years outside of Flores who they fired). If they just let him play it out then next off-season they're gonna give him what? 58-60? Is 4 million a year really worth locking yourself into someone who's not the guy?

Daniel Jones shouldn't be put in the same category as those guys. Nothing about that ever made any sense. Barkley was a beast last season and had the sort of year that seemed unlikely to be repeated in the next one. Jones was still the same guy he was which is why they didn't pick up his option and then to turn around and hand him a deal was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in the NFL. Both Daboll and Schoen should have been fired for that move. It made zero sense and reeks of two guys sniffing their butts and smelling roses that they managed to "fix" Jones off an insane season by running back.

I don't think Allen belongs in that category either. He's routinely elite. He has 22 ints. Mahomes won MVP with 21 ints. The last 3 Superbowl winners were all top 5 in ints the year they won it. Allen leads the league in TDs and a bunch of fancy stats while his salary is currently the 10th highest for 2023 and will likely fall for 2024. He should be the MVP because the Bills without Allen are a 4 -6 win team. The Ravens without Lamar are a 10-11 win team.

• Upvote 2