Late Season Practices ...

Its kind of interesting that the Jets spent valuable practice time allowing a QB play who would not play in the upcoming game.

It is also kind of interesting that they won anyway, costing them a starting LT.  

• Upvote 1

I like that Rodgers appears to be healthy and motivated. But those "missing pieces" are more than a minor fix. Let's see where the Jets are next September. Then I might get modestly enthused to turn the page. Until then, Jets are fully in "prove it to me" mode. Too many mistakes, too much arrogance, too complacent coaching. A long way to go to persuade any fan who's been paying attention at all that we should start to believe, even a little bit.

If the story was Rodgers looked washed in the last few practices the same guys crapping on this would be crapping on that. I get it. I remember a friend who rooted for the Red Sox and thought it was cool to hate on his own team. It was "the thing to do." But you will all be back when the Jets have success and you will forget all about this....like it never happened.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If the story was Rodgers looked washed in the last few practices the same guys crapping on this would be crapping on that. I get it. I remember a friend who rooted for the Red Sox and thought it was cool to hate on his own team. It was "the thing to do." But you will all be back when the Jets have success and you will forget all about this....like it never happened.

Many of us will be dead

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It’s cool Rodgers looks good. The presentation of it while trying to sell tickets is embarrassing considering they didn’t even try to find another QB this year when they easily could have. Always next year with this organization. 

• Upvote 2

Rodgers brings in a whole host of stink players and does not have to deal with their crap play.  He really deserved to be playing with cobb, lazard, turner, cook.

Lucky for him this past year has shown that every single piece he basically was responsible for the jets bringing in stunk so awfully that they should be gone or moved down the depth chart.

He will end up with much better players to work with.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Rodgers brings in a whole host of stink players and does not have to deal with their crap play.  He really deserved to be playing with cobb, lazard, turner, cook.

Lucky for him this past year has shown that every single piece he basically was responsible for the jets bringing in stunk so awfully that they should be gone or moved down the depth chart.

He will end up with much better players to work with.

He’s an accurate qb and will complete throws that wilson wouldn’t.  Unless you have a really good wr like garrett, a lot of the other guys are jags and the qb will lift them up.  Just catch the ball when it hits your hands. 

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s an accurate qb and will complete throws that wilson wouldn’t.  Unless you have a really good wr like garrett, a lot of the other guys are jags and the qb will lift them up.  Just catch the ball when it hits your hands. 

Rodgers is not uplift a lazy lazard, and long past it cobb, a past it cook.

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

If Aaron was carving them up, then We can therefore conclude that C.J. Mosley is an awful defensive coordinator/play caller.

CJ was orchestrating the defense like a Bob Ross painting . 

• Haha 3

Think for just a moment....if our season ended the way it did, and ZW was the only QB on the roster. That'd be horrible.

We'd be looking to replace Zach with a re-tread vet, or a rookie QB at the 10 spot. We'd have almost zero hope going into the 24 season.

But now, with a former NFL MVP under center, we can dream. Our re-build at that spot won't have to happen for another 2 years, and we might just pick up a Lombardi or two in the mean time!

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey, did we ever get that end of year presser with Zach Wilson who was totally in New Jersey this whole time?

Cimini did mention Wilson wasn’t seen on baggy day. But no story like there is with Pickett. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Rodgers is not uplift a lazy lazard, and long past it cobb, a past it cook.

You just listed two guys that he did that for a year ago  In 2022 with Rodgers at QB, Lazard and Cobb had 94 catches for 1,205 yards and 7 TDs on 150 targets.  In 2023 they had 28 catches for 350 yards and 2 TDs on 66 targets.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Cimini did mention Wilson wasn’t seen on baggy day. But no story like there is with Pickett. 

You’d think that’d be a big story—the former #2 overall pick and three year starter of the team literally disappearing from public view a month ago, but alas

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’d think that’d be a big story—the former #2 overall pick and three year starter of the team literally disappearing from public view a month ago, but alas

Easier to bring him back this way. No different than last year.