Jets announce uniform change for 2024 season

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

While I get the basic premise of your complaint. It doesnt have anything to do with WJ. I assure you that he has a team social media manager that has access to his account. 

It's just a smart person deploying the tactics that social media managers are trained to do. You post when traffic is going to be the highest on the platform.  Superbowl ends? People rush to social media to vomit their reactions, then anyone that's a Jets fan is going to come across the post immediately.

This equals more clicks. Such is life in 2024. 

All the timing did was make people laugh at them. More.

Chiefs win the Actual Superbowl!!! Jets release new uniforms... "that's THEIR Superbowl!"  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

These uniforms are way better than our current ones but they are retro style.  I would have made the collar colors a little thinner.

image.jpeg.d0689f2227de3d1d28378326e709e1b3.jpeg

These are AWESOME!  Black pants on white jersey with either helmet would look great.  Any combo works except green on green on green - those suck.

No win some damn games!

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Chiefs win the Actual Superbowl!!! Jets release new uniforms... "that's THEIR Superbowl!"  

The thing is, certain Jets fans make fun of the Jets way more than other people. That's what makes our fan base unique in a sad way.  Also, the ability to comprehend the fact that as soon as the Super Bowl is over it is the start of a new season for NFL teams and the owner is excited to roll out a new look and bury a really bad, old one is pretty cool to me.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Black unis are fun. Not sure why people hate them so much. Also appears the players really like the black uniforms. I get it, it’s new and not traditional, but having different looks isn’t terrible.

I agree. Plus, the team being from New York, an urban location where black is the overwhelming color of choice for people with their fashion, I think it makes a ton of sense. 

• WTF? 1

The Jets have been negative and miserable for most of their existence- how do you expect fans of this crap organization to react??? Farting daffodils?
Clearly the answer is obsessing over how bad the team is on an Internet forum
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jigsaw89 said:

These are AWESOME!  Black pants on white jersey with either helmet would look great.  Any combo works except green on green on green - those suck.

No win some damn games!

I love the green numbers on the black jerseys instead of our current white numbers on our black jerseys. I hope this is the route they go with.

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I love the green numbers on the black jerseys instead of our current white numbers on our black jerseys. I hope this is the route they go with.

I wouldn’t mind a white outline around the numbers.  If they use the green on black. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I wouldn’t mind a white outline around the numbers.  If they use the green on black. 

I prefer just the green numbers on black, but definitely wouldn't mind the white outline. Just stay away from the white numbers + green outline. It just looks so off and boring.

I would say having a really solid logo become our primary logo again is of more importance to fans (us) than most other things regarding the team. It's what we wear to games, around the house, out of the house. I would argue it actually has more of an impact on our every day lives than the game does. Who on this site, after buying a really cool Jets sweatshirt/hoodie isn't pumped when it comes in? How about that cool embroidered hat, the t-shirt you wear to bed, etc. Part of being a huge fan is representing the team in your own way, however painful it has been the last 10 years. 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Wake me when the Jets consistently do something meaningful on the field.

I mean the Jets have no made the playoffs in like 13 year but at least we have new unis the fans can pay for!

We all ******* know what the Jets playoff-less record is...

How about just save it for a few sec's and maybe enjoy that the uniform change back to the legacy and away from current uniform is a hot topic, and a welcomed change, and be happy about that, even for just 5 damn minutes???  

FFS!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, prime21 said:

These uniforms are way better than our current ones but they are retro style.  I would have made the collar colors a little thinner.

image.jpeg.d0689f2227de3d1d28378326e709e1b3.jpeg

Those are really nice but I'd prefer this black jersey with the green or white helmet. 

62zbhqo94ndc1.jpg?width=658&format=pjpg&

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

To be fair, if there is a single human being laughing at the Jets for this, or anyone who is of the belief that Woody Johnson, Joe Douglas, and Robert Saleh are taking time out of improving the team in order to focus on uniforms, their opinions on anything football related can be discarded.

Furthermore, anyone with a lick of common sense understands that what @JTJet said about the “timing” situation is the truth.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, oatmeal said:

All woody care about is milking this fan base for every $$$

And if we win that’s a plus 

But winning be damned it’s all about milking the sheep

Joke ass org 

Look no further than this thread to see why. Idiots are going to gobble this up like it's their mommy's milk. Probably a bunch of pre-orders already. The Jets will never be a legitimate organization simply because they don't have to be. Half the fan base is as dumb as the owner.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

People who are complaining about the the new uniforms because they think it detracts from winning are the same kind of people who complain when a restaurant gives "too big of portions." Just don't eat anymore if you're full.

You don't often get an analogy where the author unintentionally recreates the very thing they don't get about the subject because they don't get the thing in their own comparison either. 

Bravo. Perfection.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

People who are complaining about the the new uniforms because they think it detracts from winning are the same kind of people who complain when a restaurant gives "too big of portions." Just don't eat anymore if you're full.

Oh god. 

Reminds me of a funny story. 

Prom night senior year, group of us were out for dinner, my girlfriend says "if I eat anymore I'm going to get fat", being the smooth 18yo I was, I replied "well just dont eat anymore"... thinking it was the obvious thing to say. 

Wrong. Very wrong. 

Girlfriend is in tears minutes later. Her friends are mad at me. Limo ride is dead silence for 20 minutes on the way to prom. 

Not my finest moment. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Look no further than this thread to see why. Idiots are going to gobble this up like it's their mommy's milk. Probably a bunch of pre-orders already. The Jets will never be a legitimate organization simply because they don't have to be. Half the fan base is as dumb as the owner.

The highlighted is true, but that part of the fanbase are the ones who think that Douglas, Saleh, etc. are sitting in meetings with Nike instead of focusing on the team.

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Oh god. 

Prom night senior year, group of us were out for dinner, my girlfriend says "if I eat anymore I'm going to get fat", being the smooth 18yo I was, I replied "well just dont eat anymore"... thinking it was the obvious thing to say. 

Wrong. Very wrong. 

Girlfriend is in tears minutes later. Her friends are mad at me. Limo ride is dead silence for 20 minutes on the way to prom. 

Not my finest moment. 

**** all of them. You were fine. 

53 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Oh god. 

Wrong. Very wrong. 

Not my finest moment. 

Hahaha taking down that White Castle Crave Case on prom night, pushing the limits of sh*tting your pants before the night ends.

• Haha 1