The Tony Pauline article is here! Come on in! JD not a big dog. Saleh still sux. Hogan the leaker.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Right, but you consume this information through that lens. Are these lower-level employees speculating about who Douglas will hire or sign? Probably. But are they lying about Woody sitting in on exit interviews? Probably not, because that’d be a verifiable thing that they’d know about. These scouts just watched Woody threaten their employment with a playoff mandate after openly kneecapping the org with Zach Wilson for the bulk of their employment. They’re gonna express some frustrations lol

This is true. I actually like the fact that Woody is sitting in on exit interviews. I don’t he adds any value with potential responses during these. But I do want him hearing straight from the players what the coaching and managing issues are rather than through the Saleh/Douglas strainer. 

I think Woody held on to Rex Ryan 2 years too long directly as a result of being completely tone deaf to the players. He just assumed they all loved Rex (which I’m sure they did) and he was without flaw (he clearly wasn’t).

In short, I will support any process that expedites the removal of Robert Saleh from this organization. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is true. I actually like the fact that Woody is sitting in on exit interviews. I don’t he adds any value with potential responses during these. But I do want him hearing straight from the players what the coaching and managing issues are rather than through the Saleh/Douglas strainer. 

I think Woody held on to Rex Ryan 2 years too long directly as a result of being completely tone deaf to the players. He just assumed they all loved Rex (which I’m sure they did) and he was without flaw (he clearly wasn’t).

In short, I will support any process that expedites the removal of Robert Saleh from this organization. 

Would much rather keep douglas than saleh if i had to keep one.  

Also, if woody is so involved and just said repeatedly that he wants offense in the offseason to be the priority, we’ll see how much douglas listens.  

• Upvote 4

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Would much rather keep douglas than saleh if i had to keep one.  

Also, if woody is so involved and just said repeatedly that he wants offense in the offseason to be the priority, we’ll see how much douglas listens.  

When you’re on the hot seat all you can do is listen haha.

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

When Zach is on the roster next year, now everyone can point to the woody sound byte and say it’s not him keeping him here.

Dude, if we are sitting around a table at lunch and some one says "Who drafted Zach?"  and "Who thought we should keep Zach around another year?"  I am literally the first one to jump up and say "Not it!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

This is not about trying to defend him. It's about how people just live for articles like this. It's like they feed off it. News flash. Woody isn't selling the team. It was a phenomenal investment for him. It makes him a sh*tload of money. Doesn't matter how much whining the fans do. So many here are like battered women that cry to their sisters but never leave their wife beating husband.

IMG_8440.gif.b5b14ca7a5f0e2b02667bb1bdcc101a8.gif

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

lol

17DF8290-57AF-4A9C-B241-D7AC8F803AA9.jpeg.5cf7f69d41546450b751318abaf0184c.jpeg

Those don't even rate as a CFL level Uniform. More like the random generic options in the Madden "Build a Franchise" mode from 2008 or from a Christian Based movie about a Football team that overcomes the obstacles in their lives, embraces the Lord, and wins the big game!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas lives and dies on the back of the 22 draft. Agreed he doesn’t get smacked around nearly as much as he should, but that’s because there are easier targets in Zach and Saleh. 

Exactly. 

If Zach and Saleh had one winning season together, it would be very different. The best thing about the Jets since the 10 win, almost playoff-bound 2015 season has been the 2022 draft class. 

• Upvote 2

So, like with the Rossini article, for everyone except the guy who wants to be the guy who everyone thinks has a guy, and a few “anything that doesn’t coincide with my glass half full feelings upsets me” posts from the usual suspects, the general consensus seems to be…

Yep Yes GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Honestly, this is starting to sound more and more like schoolgirl gossip and I'm losing respect for Pauline. This is junk journalism. Even if true. 

JMHO. 

Pauline is terrible. I just listened to 5 minutes of him on Ass-man's YouTube...and he just sounds like a bitter old jets fan. As far as i am concerned and based on track record, he's got the same amount of sources as I do inside the Jets building.

46 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Zach “shopping himself” was a giveaway. 

The 49ers, Raiders or Broncos will say that if you give us a 6th round draft pick we will take the minimum salary off of your hands.  Zachy goes back home.  

One would think that JD would be generating a market for him, but JD has no one left working for him that can make calls.  He is trying to scout 1000 players by himself and the Jets leftover staff.  

In the end JD will not even be able to do what he used to do a good job at.  He will be evicted.  

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

The 49ers, Raiders or Broncos will say that if you give us a 6th round draft pick we will take the minimum salary off of your hands.  Zachy goes back home.  

One would think that JD would be generating a market for him, but JD has no one left working for him that can make calls.  He is trying to scout 1000 players by himself and the Jets leftover staff.  

In the end JD will not even be able to do what he used to do a good job at.  He will be evicted.  

Fwiw, Cimini said on his podcast that the Jets won’t be replacing Hogan and Alexander

@batman10023

24 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Pauline is terrible. I just listened to 5 minutes of him on Ass-man's YouTube...and he just sounds like a bitter old jets fan. As far as i am concerned and based on track record, he's got the same amount of sources as I do inside the Jets building.

16 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

BTW i had to google where Pauline is working...

he is basically unemployed, a sure fire indicator of a guy with sources and amazing insight. 

For a guy with the same amount sources as you, I’d say he’s had a pretty good run in this business. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:
Amazing how, season after season, Jets fans will throw their bodies in front of any and all attacks toward Woody Johnson and the upper tiers of the Jets franchise despite all evidence pointing to rampant dysfunction in the operation and leadership of this franchise

This is not about trying to defend him. It's about how people just live for articles like this. It's like they feed off it. News flash. Woody isn't selling the team. It was a phenomenal investment for him. It makes him a sh*tload of money. Doesn't matter how much whining the fans do. So many here are like battered women that cry to their sisters but never leave their wife beating husband.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND COMMITMENT!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fwiw, Cimini said on his podcast that the Jets won’t be replacing Hogan and Alexander

@batman10023

I love this team.  Woody is gliding this thing down.   He is going to clean house without writing any severance checks.  Never happened for him.  

Assistants are on 2 year deals.  So basically everyone expires after the end of this year.  Voila!

• Haha 2