Saleh not expected to attend scouting combine ***UPDATE- may be attending now****

Not sure if he’s golfing, but this seems to be the Jets SOP for the combine now.

Whats interesting is Douglas doesn’t have Hogan or Alexander anymore and it doesn’t sound like they’re interviewing to backfill. Wonder who else is there for the Jets. Woody?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, harts724 said:

Good, going offense anyway

Wait - Hold on a second.  Last I heard, Saleh is going to focus on the offense and stay out of the defensive side of the game?  Or am I imagining that I didn't read it when someone posted it a few weeks ago.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, MostlyHarmless said:

Non story. Coach didn’t attend last year either. Saleh addressed this a year ago and said he can get more done in Florham Park. He said all coaches do at these things is go out to bars and bars party. 

They’re down two of their top executives. Worth noting.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

He's probably golfing with an Athletic Director at whatever college program he plans on fleeing to. 

His whole rah-rah I can't sound like the modern player by using the word "pippin" shtick would work well in college for a non powerhouse program content with being good and never making the college playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Non issue with this.  You would think even the casual fan would see mike tomlins name on that list and be like "ooo ok this isnt that important if he's not going"

Fact is these guys are just doing testing numbers, you can look at numbers on a page and watch film review of the drills.  no need to be there in person.  They can get more done personell wise and scheme wise at the facility than being there doing this stuff.  Its really just a big social connection anyway at night. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Not sure if he’s golfing, but this seems to be the Jets SOP for the combine now.

Whats interesting is Douglas doesn’t have Hogan or Alexander anymore and it doesn’t sound like they’re interviewing to backfill. Wonder who else is there for the Jets. Woody?

Keep this in mind when Saleh is standing at the podium in December seething at questions at the annual “Why did this/these player(s) quit?” part of the season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:
You get to interview players. Jets are down two executives. Maybe he’s golfing instead. I don’t know. 

With Zach? And the execs at JetBlue?

It was his stated goal after the Jets hired him to play 1000 courses. So that’s possible if they have a hookup, which I’m sure they do. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Would imagine the guys who coached at SR Bowl and the one or two guys he thinks are his best college scouts. 

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It was his stated goal after the Jets hired him to play 1000 courses. So that’s possible if they have a hookup, which I’m sure they do. 

LOL is there a link to this? Saleh not attending the combine is probably your second biggest hangup after Zach living in Utah.

• Sympathy 1

Thankfully he didn't say his goal was to someday walk on the Moon otherwise you would claim he's been at Cape Canaveral this whole time.

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

LOL is there a link to this? Saleh not attending the combine is probably your second biggest hangup after Zach living in Utah.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/10/jets-coach-robert-saleh-finds-escape-in-his-golf-obsession/

“My goal is to get to 1,000 courses,’’ Saleh said. “I’m in the 400s somewhere now.’’ 

So, what’s next in golf for a guy who’s already played Pine Valley, Cypress Point, Shinnecock Hills, National and a number of other most top-rated courses in the world and broke 70 while playing with his oldest son? 

“I just enjoy playing,’’ Saleh said. “I really don’t have a goal.’’ 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I read this like the Jets hired him specifically to play 1000 golf courses.  Which would be par for the course for the Jets.

• Haha 1