Jets Meet With Possible top 10 Edge Rusher at NFL Combine

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The optimistic take is that Turner has played against a bunch of the OTs we’d be looking at in this draft and I’m guessing that’s what Douglas would be asking about

Good point. Was listening to Kirwin and Miller interviewing Jared Verse and he said the best OT he went up against was Tyler Guyton. Kirwin loves Guyton too. 

• Upvote 2

The obvious take ... This is a pure and transparent smoke screen to get some edge needy team to trade up w the Jets or trade in front of them in case of a miraculous and inconceivable Alt or Fashanu drop.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Just draft an OL at 10.  We will not attract squat in FA regarding our OL. 
What is the incentive to come here?

Yup.  As usual we'll have to heavily overpay for the third or fourth option...

You have a broken down Rodgers this year and then a new HC, OC and rookie QB the year after.   Not an attractive situation for an offensive linemen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Good point. Was listening to Kirwin and Miller interviewing Jared Verse and he said the best OT he went up against was Tyler Guyton. Kirwin loves Guyton too. 

Guyton is great. One of my favorite RT prospects in this draft. However, at 10 I will be a sheeple and I will say I would rather take Fuaga or Mims (assuming Alt/Fashanu are gone). Fuaga is already a monster in the run game and if his upside as a pass blocker comes to fruition I think overall he is a better prospect. Similarly, Mims has the upside to eventually move to the left side and be a starting LT in the NFL. I don't see that from Guyton. 

If we had a 2nd round pick, Guyton would be someone I would consider trading up into the bottom half of Rd. 1 for if we took Bowers or a WR at 10. Or, conversely, if we ended up trading down from 10 to the bottom half of Rd. 1 and Fuaga/Mims were gone.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The optimistic take is that Turner has played against a bunch of the OTs we’d be looking at in this draft and I’m guessing that’s what Douglas would be asking about

"Plans within plans" is a bit of a stretch with these guys...

Art Film GIF by Tech Noir

9 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

This is going to be an unpopular opinion around these parts. But I’m going to say it anyways.

The Jets should draft the best player available. If that player is an Edge Rusher, than we

riot

riot GIF

There is no edge rusher better than any of the top 4 consensus wrs or Bowers. 

Why wouldn't we just resign Huff and Play McDonald more.

It makes zero sense. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, section314 said:

If I can’t get Alt or Fashanou, I’m trading back and take Guyton. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

If I can’t get Alt or Fashanou, I’m trading back and take Guyton. 

That's a dangerous game.  There have been several reports that teams do not have all these tackles rated the same.  It isn't like a the straight 1, 2, 3 list of prospects.  Some teams/media outlets seem to love Fuaga.  Others say he is a guard and going in the 2nd.  There are reports that teams find Alt and Fashanu stiff and not top of the draft type prospects.  The Jets may be happy with a "solid pro" or Russell Okung level T, but the teams selecting earlier may not.

Guyton and Mims are athletic freaks that probably have the skills to be in the top of the draft but Guyton has maturity concerns.  I have not read much about what they are, and that talk is often just smoke that we can't read through without interviewing them, but for a team that whiffed on Becton, Wilson and Moore, it scares the sh*t out of me. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That's a dangerous game.  There have been several reports that teams do not have all these tackles rated the same.  It isn't like a the straight 1, 2, 3 list of prospects.  Some teams/media outlets seem to love Fuaga.  Others say he is a guard and going in the 2nd.  There are reports that teams find Alt and Fashanu stiff and not top of the draft type prospects.  The Jets may be happy with a "solid pro" or Russell Okung level T, but the teams selecting earlier may not.

Guyton and Mims are athletic freaks that probably have the skills to be in the top of the draft but Guyton has maturity concerns.  I have not read much about what they are, and that talk is often just smoke that we can't read through without interviewing them, but for a team that whiffed on Becton, Wilson and Moore, it scares the sh*t out of me. 

I agree… by draft day the OT draft boards are more than likely going to be very different than they are now. Just like every year.😎

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It hurts JD’s big round head to think that hard. Same with his fellow baldy-in-chief Mr. Clean Saleh 

8 hours ago, PepPep said:

Guyton is great. One of my favorite RT prospects in this draft. However, at 10 I will be a sheeple and I will say I would rather take Fuaga or Mims (assuming Alt/Fashanu are gone). Fuaga is already a monster in the run game and if his upside as a pass blocker comes to fruition I think overall he is a better prospect. Similarly, Mims has the upside to eventually move to the left side and be a starting LT in the NFL. I don't see that from Guyton. 

If we had a 2nd round pick, Guyton would be someone I would consider trading up into the bottom half of Rd. 1 for if we took Bowers or a WR at 10. Or, conversely, if we ended up trading down from 10 to the bottom half of Rd. 1 and Fuaga/Mims were gone.

This regime will never draft another Mims again. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Why are people fixated on Vrabel. Just more of the same IMO. We need a QB focused HC

The Jets cannot hire a Mike McDaniel, for example.   He would get eaten alive here.  They need an HC with a strong personality and experience.  Vrabel has been able to put together an offensive staff.   He could stand up to Woody and the NY media.  

McCarthy could work after he gets fired.  Vrabel could work.  Harbaugh would have been great.  Saleh was good on paper but turned out to be an uncommitted flake who can't build a staff.  

I don't see Saleh surviving 2024.    Hess did the same thing with the first time HCs.  He eventually got the joke, I think 2025 is when Woody gets the joke.  Hopefully.  

• Upvote 1