Saleh's best traits?

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW, I think the fact that the two teams he is allegedly linked to are the Rams and 49ers seems to lean towards the narrative being driven more by his camp than reality.

The Rams would be perfect for him, imo.  Great offensive minded HC and terrific WRs (Kupp and Nacua).

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Player acquisition?  You mean the same guy who couldn't be bothered to showed up at the combine until he was forced to?

On the defensive side, I’m sure he had significant input into the following:

- drafting Sauce, JJ, Carter II

- bringing in guys like Quincy Williams, DJ Reed, Tony Adams

There’s other HCs who don’t show up to the combine.  Watching game tape has always been more important.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If that's the case then I'll admit defeat. 

Dude he's already historically bad at the position 

The Jets may be an incompetent organization they are also the only one dumb enough to give Zach wilson 34 starts over 3 years 

He'd have more but misses 4 games a year with injury 

Just now, bitonti said:

Yes that would be perfect except that Mike LeFleur already gave up on him once. Could mcvay overrule lefluer of course but there's history there and it ain't good 

It's not just that Zach is bad at his job. No one likes him on a personal level 

He's like if Jay cutler couldn't play 

Cutler and his baby The Cutlet were money on The League. Too funny.  Zach is Wack. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Yes that would be perfect except that Mike LeFleur already gave up on him once. Could mcvay overrule LeFleur?

of course but there's history there and it ain't good 

It's not just that Zach is bad at his job. No one likes him on a personal level 

He's like if Jay cutler couldn't play 

The KC and Houston games at least gave us a sample of what it could look like.  The Jets are just such a terrible organization though.  I think year 3 ZW would've looked a lot better, given a better situation.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Rams would be perfect for him, imo.  Great offensive minded HC and terrific WRs (Kupp and Nacua).

"Perfect for him" means QB paradise?  Hardly seems fair.  if Calabrese and LaFleur sign on to work with him again I will be shocked.  I know it is constantly floated around here, but so is getting a 2nd for UFA.

• Upvote 1

I make this promise that I'll be fair about him.  If he goes elsewhere and stinks then I'll admit defeat.  We'll get to settle this one way or the other in the next couple of years.
How do you explain Trevor Siemian having better stats playing with the same players?

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:
I make this promise that I'll be fair about him.  If he goes elsewhere and stinks then I'll admit defeat.  We'll get to settle this one way or the other in the next couple of years.

How do you explain Trevor Siemian having better stats playing with the same players?

He looked great against that stout Washington defense!

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, JetPotato said:
Not a big game. 
Philly was a proven fraud this year anyway.

Philly was undefeated at the time. Jets were 2-3 and desperately needed a win. It was a big game for last year's Jets and the defense was superb. The offense has 244 total yards but the defense picked off Hurts 3 times, with the last one setting up the win. I get being down on the Jets but try to be somewhat objective.

There's nothing objective about thinking that there's a reasonable comparison between a Week 6 regular season Jets game and a playoff game.

There's nothing objective about thinking that there's a reasonable comparison between a Week 6 regular season Jets game and a playoff game.
So you're asking when has Saleh's defense had a big game in the playoffs? That's your question. Holy sh*t.

12 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

We all want to see them in the playoffs, but this is pretty much bullsh*t.  Acting like they aren't a good D because they haven't done it in the playoffs, when they aren't in the playoffs because the O consistently drags them down kicking and screaming is bullsh*t.  How many picks did they get against Mr. Man there, the super bowl MVP?  

• Sympathy 1

He looked great against that stout Washington defense!
I wish I could say the same about Wilson going against the elite Denver defense. Or the elite Ch argers defense. Or the elite Giants defense. Or the elite Philly defense.Those defenses were ranked 29th, 28th, 27th and 26th respectively. NEXT!!!!
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

He has the ability to get you to start an asinine thread.  

Sorry your boy isn't as popular as you'd like.

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

So you're asking when has Saleh's defense had a big game in the playoffs? That's your question. Holy sh*t.

Or a playoff caliber game. Not a meaningless Week 6 game against an overrated team.

That's the point anyone with a brain can understand. He's proven nothing. You can't call him a great defensive coach of his defenses haven't ever done anything meaningful.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

We all want to see them in the playoffs, but this is pretty much bullsh*t.  Acting like they aren't a good D because they haven't done it in the playoffs, when they aren't in the playoffs because the O consistently drags them down kicking and screaming is bullsh*t.  How many picks did they get against Mr. Man there, the super bowl MVP?  

Cool. Picks. Did they win? If the defense is "great" they should carry the team to the playoffs, no? Teams with "great" offenses and bad defenses do it all the time.

Or a playoff caliber game. Not a meaningless Week 6 game against an overrated team.
That's the point anyone with a brain can understand. He's proven nothing. You can't call him a great defensive coach of his defenses haven't ever done anything meaningful.

Anyone with a brain? That's rich coming from you!

24 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Cool. Picks. Did they win? If the defense is "great" they should carry the team to the playoffs, no? Teams with "great" offenses and bad defenses do it all the time.

Dude.  You said tell me what big game they won!  Then discounted any games that weren't playoff games.  You want to argue they aren't great?  Whatever, but you can't deny they are good and not the problem with this team. 

It's not like the Rex years when they were putting all the assets into the D.  They have 1st rounders at T, G, QB, WR.  Traded up for a very high 2nd at RB.  Traded and paid a fortune for a HOF QB.  2nd rounder at C.  Big money G and two high dollar TE + a 3rd. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

Its hard to blame Saleh for this mess 

Most of the team's problems are because of decisions made above his pay grade 

Like this nate Hackett thing for example. Does anyone really believe that was salehs decision? 

Saleh has become a scapegoat for JD and woody meddling 

Just to add one of the positive traits is that the defense never gave up on the offense. He keeps the locker room together, other teams give up we've seen it in Jets seasons past 

Agreed

He hasn’t had a QB for each of his 3 seasons who can win a game on his own.  I’d love to know all the HC who would have won with not only garbage production out of the most important position in sports but without WRs or an OL to help out. 
Vrable would have magically won 11 games with ZW, Siemian or whatever?  I get it, it’s so much easier to blame one person 

I can’t believe the team didn’t implode over the last 2 seasons with a that trotted out a top defense and bottom offense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agreed

He hasn’t had a QB for each of his 3 seasons who can win a game on his own.  I’d love to know all the HC who would have won with not only garbage production out of the most important position in sports but without WRs or an OL to help out. 
Vrable would have magically won 11 games with ZW, Siemian or whatever?  I get it, it’s so much easier to blame one person 

I can’t believe the team didn’t implode over the last 2 seasons with a that trotted out a top defense and bottom offense. 

LOL

Adam Gase also won 7 games, except he did it with Darnold, the corpse of Le’Veon Bell, washed Demaryius Thomas, Crowder, Robbie Anderson, and Ryan freaking Griffin.

Salads should feel embarrassed going 7-10 with the talent he had to work with.

Belichick went 10-6 with Matt Cassel after Brady tore his ACL in week 1 😂

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Adam Gase also won 7 games, except he did it with Darnold, the corpse of Le’Veon Bell, washed Demaryius Thomas, Crowder, Robbie Anderson, and Ryan freaking Griffin.

And 4-13 with Mac Jones, what are we doing here?

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

lol, Sarnold played much better than ZW.  The two OLs weren’t comparable.  The Gase team was a lot better than Salehs year 1 and Gases last team, the one he handed off won 2 games.  Matt Cassel and that Pats team?  Are you serious?  You’re actually comparing a SB team to the 1st year team Saleh led?  The 2nd?  Both with that OL and ZW?  Stop and be honest.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/4/2024 at 11:59 AM, AFJF said:

I've seen a surprising number of fans get triggered over some of the criticism of Saleh lately.  I was a Saleh guy until I found out he was spending time during the week to work on strengthening his friendship with Joe Beningo.  Should've fired him that day.

So for those still on board with the coach, what thing (or things) do you like most about Saleh?

Going to kick around answers from here and X on the pod this week.

Great short game.  Especially chipping.

I just wanna see the guy without Zach Wilson playing QB for a season and an above average QB runs the offense.
So lame ... If you give me a HOF QB, good offensive line, stud WRs and an All Pro RB plus a top 10 defense ... I'm gonna look damn good.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 4:59 PM, AFJF said:

I've seen a surprising number of fans get triggered over some of the criticism of Saleh lately.  I was a Saleh guy until I found out he was spending time during the week to work on strengthening his friendship with Joe Beningo.  Should've fired him that day.

So for those still on board with the coach, what thing (or things) do you like most about Saleh?

Going to kick around answers from here and X on the pod this week.

I’m not overly convinced by Saleh, it’s the Saleh/Douglas mental gymnastics which lead me to defend him from time to time.

I find it baffling when people heap all of the blame on Saleh or the QB or the staff or Keith Carter or the turf at MetLife or a black cat crossing JD’s path but in the same breath announce that Joe Douglas is the most brilliantist amazing GM of all time and his utter genius is only being cruelly stymied by all these idiots surrounding him…….conveniently forgetting these are idiots that he’s fully responsible for having employed. 

Saleh has one of the better defenses in the league, that’s about it. He’s had to deal with the same adversity that Joe Douglas has, but seldom gets the benefit of the doubt that so many are in a rush to defend Douglas with. 

For me, they are inextricably linked. They live and die together, if one goes, they both go.

His best traits

... He is likeable
... Leads by example in the fitness category.
... He can get Meatheads to follow him into the pits of Mordor.
... Has perfected his Bowles sideline impersonation skills.
.... Is developing Teflon skin.
.... Adept at creating progany.
T-Shirt Manufacturing?

... Does he actually help gameplan on offense at all ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Good with the driver, needs to work on his short game. 

As to coaching, he's along for the ride. Jets are being run by Aaron Rodgers, which still could work, we'll see. Baldy McRoid is really just a