Saleh's best traits?

Wonder how many defense firstclueless about offense coaches do the Johnsons have to plow through before they get a God damn clue? Might still work out if Rodgers stays reasonably healthy. 

Been watching "The Dynasty". Fault Belichick for being a  dick of epic proportions.  And the Hernandez episode is insane; pretty much let a drug addict run totally amok in hopes it would work. In fairness, did much the same thing with LT when he was with the Giants and that did in fact work. But what jumps out is how nothing happens in Foxboro without him knowing the details, every side of the ball, specials, draft, off season. Here; Saleh is a glorified DC and nothing more. And one that still doesn't grasp the whole team and the whole game. He's calling his defense, no sense of strategy.  When the offense is on the field, might as well put music in his headphones. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

The best trait of this coaching staff is their ability to communicate with the front office traits needed to be a defensive scheme fit and then develop those players.

High draft picks, low draft picks, UDFA and FA… it doesn’t matter. They produce. We turn out 1yr DT vets like it’s nothing. Is that Saleh or Ulbrich? IDK. But Saleh should get credit since he is at the top and it’s his side of the ball.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, PS17 said:

???

While everything collapsed with regards to the QB and the offense, add in all the injuries to the OL, Hall 2 years ago etc, he had his teams playing hard and not quitting.  
As opposed to imploding

On 3/4/2024 at 3:21 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

If that's the case then I'll admit defeat. 

Obviously he'll have to first find a team that's interested in signing/trading for him.  If that doesn't happen then I'm wrong.

And if he is on a team but can't get an opportunity then I'll admit that he couldn't impress the CS enough to even put him on the field.  That will also count as defeat for me.

Then it’s over already dude.  He’s a QB3.  Every one of the 32 teams out there already has their QB1 and QB2 set up this year OR is about to draft one to fill one of those 2 roles.  Zach’s best shot at playing time this year is with the Jets….as the QB3.

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

While everything collapsed with regards to the QB and the offense, add in all the injuries to the OL, Hall 2 years ago etc, he had his teams playing hard and not quitting.  
As opposed to imploding

Reads post.

Looks at Jets' record in December games under Bobby Salad.

Hmmmm...

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Reads post.

Looks at Jets' record in December games under Bobby Salad.

Hmmmm...

You just looking at their record in Dec or looking at how many who started early in the season were missing by December?  By December their OL has been destroyed.  Two seasons ago it was pretty much the whole O out.  

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Then it’s over already dude.  He’s a QB3.  Every one of the 32 teams out there already has their QB1 and QB2 set up this year OR is about to draft one to fill one of those 2 roles.  Zach’s best shot at playing time this year is with the Jets….as the QB3.

We should be so lucky.

• Haha 1

His best ability is his eye for defensive talent. Almost none of his FA acquisitions and draft picks on defense have been busts, including his late round picks. They have almost all been hits. Which is pretty damn impressive. Beyond that, he is not a good head coach at all. His team is sloppy with penalties and he has zero ability to coach up the offense: 

.... since he is at the top and it’s his side of the ball.

This is spot on ... But ...

... therein lies the crux of the problem ... There has been no evolution from DC to HC .... A geat HC is not limited to one side of the ball even if it's his specialty.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

I was a Saleh guy until I found out he was spending time during the week to work on strengthening his friendship with Joe Beningo. 

Going to kick around answers from here and X on the pod this week.

Now you’ve triggered me . I like that the players seem to support Saleh and play hard for him. It doesn’t bother me that he spouts bs at his press conferences, that’s just part of the bs of being a head coach. I remember Parcells hated those media sessions so much he brought a check to the podium to pay the fine for not speaking to the media basically flipping them a metaphorical bird . But how on God’s green earth could the HC of the NYJ be friends with that guy whose name shall not be mentioned. To me that indicates horrible judgment not so much being friends but how could he possibly give that blow hard any information. How could he betray the fans and the team like that. I don’t know about his coaching skills and others will decide about that but this is akin to being friends with Bellicheat. Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 3/4/2024 at 10:05 AM, BigRy56 said:

Just another defensive coach whose career will live and die by the QB position. A story we’ve seen before.

Saleh’s defense and special teams units are top 10 at worst. His offenses are bottom 10 at best. He needs a QB and if Rodgers plays the season, he’ll have one and we’ll get to see what he really is all about

Amazing how many times we've been down this road.  Excellent defensive coordinators put into HC positions on teams that had ups and down but were ultimately held back by the offense and poor QB play (Rex-Sanchez, Bowles-Darnold, Saleh-Zach).  All Defensive Coordinators, all Top 5 QB Draft picks.

QT: Overcome Insanity by Working Smarter Instead of Harder

• Upvote 2

On 3/22/2024 at 12:11 AM, Dunnie said:

This is spot on ... But ...

... therein lies the crux of the problem ... There has been no evolution from DC to HC .... A geat HC is not limited to one side of the ball even if it's his specialty.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

This.  I still remember when during his second season with the Jets Rex was still unable to tell anyone where in the building the offensive units held their meetings.

A HC needs to coach the whole team.  

• Upvote 1