Russel Wilson cut by Denver

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Denver is 27 mil over the cap as is. Wow

I've been told the cap is not real, thus we should not expect any corresponding moves to get under said imaginary cap.

Denver is good to go.

• Haha 1

This sparks two thoughts for me:

Can we pick up Courtland Sutton and Garret Bowles to save the Broncos cap?

The Jets will be in the exact same spot next year as the Broncos this year   They can pay another $35mm to keep AR8, or take a cap hit to cut him   

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LMAO 85M in dead money

Makes the Jets look like cheap bastards, desperate paupers waiting for someone to take ZW's 5.5M 2024 salary off their books.

Yeah. The 7th round pick and the 5 million ain’t making a difference. Why the Jets just won’t remove the bandaid is puzzling. Or is it?

Just now, Ghost420 said:

Juedy is a bum, better off with Sutton. 

hah i edited it because i meant to write or sutton. i'd take either. they are both substantially better than what we have behind garrett wilson

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Is Wilson that bad??? I know he’s a weirdo but man that’s rough. 

I think he's always been a dumb f*ck and Payton runs a complex offense. No sense paying that kind of money for someone who can't read learn your language. He gave him a year and the output was average at the best times and horrible in the worst. 

44 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LMAO 85M in dead money

Makes the Jets look like cheap bastards, desperate paupers waiting for someone to take ZW's 5.5M 2024 salary off their books.

$85 Million split over the next two seasons.

The Jets are $30 million, which will go up. And if Rodgers doesn't play next year, another $49 million.

$79 million over the next two years.

Dead money doesn't mean anything.  They will replace him with a cheap option and draft a guy.  Money will equal out as if it was a premier guy.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I’m sorry but Rodgers is NOWHERE near the same category as Wilson & Watson.

The latter 2 cost multiple first round picks each (and quality players) and were way way OVERPAID.

Rodgers cost 2 seconds and 2 spots in the first round while he gave back $35M.

The Jets have failed miserably for other reasons not named Aaron Rodgers, starting with Zach Wilson.

Let’s see what Rodgers can do this year when he’s actually playing before even labeling him a fail.  The jury is still out after 4 passes as a Jet before suffering an injury that took out both young players and veterans this past year.  

Rodgers cost

2 2nds, a move down in the 1st

A massive cap killing contract coming due after this year.

The worst oc in the whole league by a mile

At least 6 horrible, awful players that tangibly made the team worse.

He is in that category of going 100% all in and if it doesn't work you have hurt your team very badly.

10 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

The latter 2 cost multiple first round picks each (and quality players) and were way way OVERPAID.

The Jets have failed miserably for other reasons not named Aaron Rodgers, starting with Zach Wilson.

Let’s see what Rodgers can do this year when he’s actually playing before even labeling him a fail.  The jury is still out after 4 passes as a Jet before suffering an injury that took out both young players and veterans this past year.  

I agree.  It is not that Rodgers gave us anything, but a 2nd and a pick swap should not be crippling to the team.  It remains to be seen how the salary will fit in, but the idea it was anything along the same lines as Watson and Wilson is a joke.  

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I've never ever seen in my lifetime before where a QB was universally regarded as a legitimate Hof lock, top 5 QB in the NFL for a number years all of a sudden suck to being mediocre. 

One of the most bizarre things I've seen in the NFL 

What about Peyton Manning?  His last year in Denver (when he won the SB) he was washed up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

This sparks two thoughts for me:

Can we pick up Courtland Sutton and Garret Bowles to save the Broncos cap?

The Jets will be in the exact same spot next year as the Broncos this year   They can pay another $35mm to keep AR8, or take a cap hit to cut him   

Good catch, I was wondering the same thing. 

8 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

AR8 did not really give back $35mm.  

This is basically the story from a cap perspective-AR8 has to be his 2010 self for Woody to let him play in 2025:

AR8 plays 2023 and 2024-his remaining deferred dead money is spread over 2025 and 2026.

2023-$8.9mm

2024-$17.1mm

2025-$23.5mm

2025-$23.5mm

AR8 plays in 2025 too and gets a $35mm bonus to do that-VOID years run out.  

2023-$8.9mm

2024-$17.1mm

2025-$23.5mm

2026-$63mm

1 minute ago, varjet said:

AR8 did not really give back $35mm.  

This is basically the story from a cap perspective-AR8 has to be his 2010 self for Woody to let him play in 2025:

AR8 plays 2023 and 2024-his remaining deferred dead money is spread over 2025 and 2026.

2023-$8.9mm

2024-$17.1mm

2025-$23.5mm

2025-$23.5mm

AR8 plays in 2025 too and gets a $35mm bonus to do that-VOID years run out.  

2023-$8.9mm

2024-$17.1mm

2025-$23.5mm

2026-$63mm

2026-$63mm

Just in time for...

ArchManning3.thumb.jpg.3471ac3bfee85c9c6589ffae9e387303.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Lotta QBs available. The Bears are finding out his market isn’t nearly as strong as thought. 

also worth noting

They've got a ton of money to throw around.  I just really hope they don't end up with Jayden Daniels.

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They've got a ton of money to throw around.  I just really hope they don't end up with Jayden Daniels.

You just nailed it.
With all the talk about the cap hit for cutting Wilson, if they draft the right QB, they’re fine, and they know that.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What about Peyton Manning?  His last year in Denver (when he won the SB) he was washed up.

No, I'm talking about a legitimate top 5 QB, with a Hof resume or close just all of a sudden is terrible or mediocre in their prime or around it. 

Of course age happens, that's not what I'm talking about