Aaron Rodgers wants to play 4 more years

48 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

What do you base him being in “great shape” on?

Have u slept with him recently? 

The same method you used to dispute what kind of shape he’s in? 
Have you slept with him? 

Aaron Rodgers wants this, Aaron Rodgers wants that, Aaron Rodgers thinks this, Aaron Rodgers says that.....
The league new year hasn't even started and I'm already 100% tired of hearing what Aaron Rodgers wants.
The guy who produced 4 plays for several tens of millions of dollars should STFU this offseason, and focus on football, health and his own flailing durability late in his career.
But that isn't who Rodgers is.  Talk, talk, talk.....

Guy got hurt. He worked his ass off and was back practicing with the team before the season ended. I won't even mention the last guy I know who triggered people this way.
  • Upvote 1

I am beginning to get what parts of Aaron Rogers drove the Packers and their fan base nuts about him. for all those years  And we didn't even get to see the decade-plus of MVP-level QB play here with the Jets to offset the "makin' us crazy" tendencies.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Have you slept with him? 

It is not unreasonable to question the bounce back shape of a 41 year old coming off a season lost to injury.  The prudent thing is to be a little skeptical until he logs some evidence to the contrary.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, EM31 said:

It is not unreasonable to question the bounce back shape of a 41 year old coming off a season lost to injury.  The prudent thing is to be a little skeptical until he logs some evidence to the contrary.

It’s prudent to be skeptical? OK, I get it.  
What does that have to do with someone wanting to know where the proof is that he’s in shape while they claiming he isn’t with the same proof? 
Thats all, we don’t know either way.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s prudent to be skeptical? What does that have to do with someone questioning where the proof is that he’s in shape while claiming he isn’t? 
Thats all, we don’t know either way.  

Uh.... precisely.

We.... don't... know... and a claim that he is in "great shape" is a positive assertion that someone really does  "know".  This is the assertion that was being challenged with the silly sleeping with him comment.  I am not sure what part of that is difficult,

Let's just agree to agree that the jury is still out but ...... the most recent facts are that he is 41 years old and he just missed an entire year because of injury.

sorry but dude just wants to keep getting paid for not playing-at his age he is a terrible risk to have on the roster-Brady is the only guy to play at high level at that age -Joe should have made Rodgers salary based on performance(arod probably would not have done that )

21 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Uh.... precisely.

We.... don't... know... and a claim that he is in "great shape" is a positive assertion that someone really does  "know".  This is the assertion that was being challenged with the silly sleeping with him comment.  I am not sure what part of that is difficult,

Let's just agree to agree that the jury is still out but ...... the most recent facts are that he is 41 years old and he just missed an entire year because of injury.

I don’t know who these people are saying he’s in great shape.  
The fact that he’s 41 is wrong though, not until December.  That’s almost a year from now. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Like an idiot, Joe Douglas just removed all QBs from his draft board.

Who were you expecting at 10?  There’s what 3 QBs in this draft and then there’s wasting the 10th overall on a QB?

19 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, I always rely on the singular exception to the rule too.

the singular exception to the rule would be a successfully drafted and developed
nyj qb. i mean wasnt namath the goods right out of the box?
i'll take the AR odds.

• WTF? 1

Uh.... precisely.
He's 40.

I want another promotion this time next year and I want to win third place in b the mege millions with the 4x megaplier between now and then. I want to meet a 32 year old goth Latina that makes 6 figures who really likes 6'3" 40 year old mediocre dudes from Brooklyn.

Everyone post their unrealistic wishlists.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don’t know who these people are saying he’s in great shape.  
The fact that he’s 41 is wrong though, not until December.  That’s almost a year from now. 

9 months isn't almost a year.

Just now, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Should we send cupcakes?

Cupcakes is probably fine but I would stay away from sending 41 candles and a wheel chair to go along with them

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Have you slept with him? 

no 

but i like how you conveniently left out the part of my quote that is crucial : "Because the man could pass for a 55 year old. He looks haggard and awful"

Use your eyes dude he can pass for a 55 year old man. Tom brady is youthful looking and could pass for 39. give it a rest. Its a big deal

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

image.gif.c8faa24728672e4d46e5a7299ed4770c.gif

ewwwww....he kind of did have a little mini "the decision" moment, didnt he?  Like, he didnt have a half hour special on TV for it but there sure was some build up to the announcement on that show/podcast thingy he does.  So gross. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bicketybam said:

So much Rodgers hate. I love it! It will be so sweet to see us successful with Rodgers at the helm. So many people will be miserable, including most of our fanbase! Can't wait!

You cant wait to see our fanbase miserable?  Did you just become a Jets fan? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Falco21 said:

With today's technology and today's medicine/nutrition, I see no reason why he can not play 4 more years at a high level.

Brady was able to do it because he took great care of his body and made sure to not let things get away from him, in that regard. Rodgers seems to be in the same mindset. Hired a chef, focused on new workouts and a new regimen, working overtime with trainers to stay in shape, etc. 

The most important factor, in all of this, is his hunger and drive. There are so many outside factors playing a role here that are just fueling him. The exodus from Green Bay, the injury comments from the media, the "washed up" remarks from sportswriters, the concerns if he will still play at a high level after the injury, the drive to win a super bowl in New York,.. This is a perfect scenario as long as he can avoid injury. 

Honestly, it will be an interesting case study.  Rodgers longevity vs. Brady.  

Brady didnt suffer injuries late in his career and won a SB when he moved teams.  Rodgers finished his career injured in GB and hit IR after 4 plays when he moved teams.  So as of now the HGH Avocado Ice Cream life style is considerably further ahead of the ayahuasca and micro-dosing method to longevity in the league. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Honestly, it will be an interesting case study.  Rodgers longevity vs. Brady.  

Brady didnt suffer injuries late in his career and won a SB when he moved teams.  Rodgers finished his career injured in GB and hit IR after 4 plays when he moved teams.  So as of now the HGH Avocado Ice Cream life style is considerably further ahead of the ayahuasca and micro-dosing method to longevity in the league. 

What enhancers did Brees take to keep playing so long?

He did miss a handful of games midseason each of his last two years but was still playing at an elite level on it, until he turned 42. Bunch of broken ribs + a collapsed lung from a hit in 2020 (Saleh was the DC who ordered the hit!), and a ligament tear to his throwing thumb the season before. 

Truth is those injuries happen, and Brees also tore his labrum in his mid-20s. It's a rough sport. You get hit by the same guy on the same play but on a 10% different angle and you get right up instead of going on IR. It happens.

• Upvote 1