Aaron Rodgers wants to play 4 more years

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Ugh, it just occurred to me that this could very well be just a ploy to get the Jets to not take a QB in the draft.  

"I want weapinzz"

That might be a good thing - we both know they would f the pick up anyway

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think there's a chance it'll be more common that QBs play later than they used to due to the rule changes that protect them.  Not saying they're all going to play until their mid-40's but just later than they otherwise would have.  I think there's a shot AR8 can play a few more years.  Honestly, I'd be very happy if he honestly does plan to play 4 more years.  If he's no good we can always cut him.  

Please identify the rules you're speaking about, when they were implemented and the QBs playing after the age of 35 since the rule was implemented. I think you'll be surprised.

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

He sure talks alot.

Play more than 4 plays in 2024, then we can look at how many years you think you want to play whilst high in a cave during the offseason...

Exactly, as soon as he comes out and sees his shadow or not we will know, 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Please identify the rules you're speaking about, when they were implemented and the QBs playing after the age of 35 since the rule was implemented. I think you'll be surprised.

Breathing on the QB is a 15 yard penalty.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

So much Rodgers hate. I love it! It will be so sweet to see us successful with Rodgers at the helm. So many people will be miserable, including most of our fanbase! Can't wait!

A pissed off Rodgers is a very good player on the field.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

With today's technology and today's medicine/nutrition, I see no reason why he can not play 4 more years at a high level.

Brady was able to do it because he took great care of his body and made sure to not let things get away from him, in that regard. Rodgers seems to be in the same mindset. Hired a chef, focused on new workouts and a new regimen, working overtime with trainers to stay in shape, etc. 

The most important factor, in all of this, is his hunger and drive. There are so many outside factors playing a role here that are just fueling him. The exodus from Green Bay, the injury comments from the media, the "washed up" remarks from sportswriters, the concerns if he will still play at a high level after the injury, the drive to win a super bowl in New York,.. This is a perfect scenario as long as he can avoid injury. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

With today's technology and today's medicine/nutrition, I see no reason why he can not play 4 more years at a high level.

Brady was able to do it because he took great care of his body and made sure to not let things get away from him, in that regard. Rodgers seems to be in the same mindset. Hired a chef, focused on new workouts and a new regimen, working overtime with trainers to stay in shape, etc. 

The most important factor, in all of this, is his hunger and drive. There are so many outside factors playing a role here that are just fueling him. The exodus from Green Bay, the injury comments from the media, the "washed up" remarks from sportswriters, the concerns if he will still play at a high level after the injury, the drive to win a super bowl in New York,.. This is a perfect scenario as long as he can avoid injury. 

Rodgers looks 20 years older than Brady.   Rodgers has been partying like a dead rock star for 20 years.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

There is no level of deception and narcissism that this man will not stoop to in order to scare the team off from drafting his replacement and cementing his control of nearly every facet of the organization. He has a documented history of such and is only rivaled in his mania by Buck Showalter, who in his days in Arizona and Baltimore, inserted himself into every area in which he had no business poking his nose into including what was displayed on the scoreboard, music played at the stadium and even the way the parking lot was set up. We have an ego maniacal golem at the helm.

Good. Definitely an upgrade in decision making over the last 65 years since our only SB win. Maybe even spearhead a group and buy the team from Woody.  First order, build a new stadium in NYC and the ultimate - bring back the Jets cheerleaders. 

• Upvote 2

Older players slow down.  It is an immutable law of biology.  It is therefore incumbent upon the Jets to track his rate of decline and make their decisions accordingly.

I agree with the sentiment which says that we draft his (eventual) replacement this year you know, just in case the whole "four year" thing does not work out.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I wouldn't bet against it, if he can avoid getting hurt again.  He's still in great shape and his arm and football brain are still sharp.

If Brady can play into his mid 40s, so can Rodgers.

What do you base him being in “great shape” on?

Have u slept with him recently? Because the man could pass for a 55 year old. He looks haggard and awful

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 2

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

A pissed off Rodgers is a very good player on the field.

He has so much natural arm talent that if he plays all 17 games i believe the jets make the playoffs.  But likely he won’t play 17.  Does he play 14, 10 or 7?  Or 2?  

Also, i think it’s in everyone’s best interest for him to say he wants to play 4 more seasons.  If he comes out and says this may be my last, then the jets should shift to thinking qb sitting at 10.  So it’s strategic, political and egotistical.  But he’s still human and we get hurt more as we age. 

13 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Have u slept with him recently? Because the man could pass for a 55 year old. He looks haggard and awful

He's really not my type, to be honest.  You sound a bit like his jilted ex, though.

• Upvote 1

If he had said he's going to play one more year and then meditate to see if he wants to play another, you guys would flip the **** out. He says he wants to play four more year (with the Jets of all teams) and he is a self serving prick. You guys are too funny

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

If he looked 50 instead of 60 he could be the spokesperson for Just for Men.  

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Good. Definitely an upgrade in decision making over the last 65 years since our only SB win. Maybe even spearhead a group and buy the team from Woody.  First order, build a new stadium in NYC and the ultimate - bring back the Jets cheerleaders. 

55 years, but seems like 65!

• Haha 1

Aaron Rodgers wants this, Aaron Rodgers wants that, Aaron Rodgers thinks this, Aaron Rodgers says that.....

The league new year hasn't even started and I'm already 100% tired of hearing what Aaron Rodgers wants.

The guy who produced 4 plays for several tens of millions of dollars should STFU this offseason, and focus on football, health and his own flailing durability late in his career.

But that isn't who Rodgers is.  Talk, talk, talk.....