Possible Suitor for Wilson

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Complete and utter craziness that the Jets allowed this kid back last year and actually played him. 

Zach looks a little like a young Cillian Murphy in that picture.

Maybe the recently announced "28 Years later" is not actually a zombie sequel, but a tale about the Jets' never-ending quest to trade Zach Wilson. Some Jets fans will still be holding out hope that he could still develop, and just needs a little more time learning on the bench.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I feel like at this point he'll be either traded during the draft thrown in to some lower end trade. Or just flat out cut once they draft a QB.

Denver seems like the only possibility right now. Idk who else would want him.

Some chatter on Twitterx that he could go to San Fran, probably for a 7th round pick.

I don't see any point in cutting him right now - the cap hit will be the same if he's on the team or cut - so I'd sit on his rights until pre-season, if necessary, to try to get someone to take him for a conditional 2025 pick.

He won't be on the team this year, regardless.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Some chatter on Twitterx that he could go to San Fran, probably for a 7th round pick.

I don't see any point in cutting him right now - the cap hit will be the same if he's on the team or cut - so I'd sit on his rights until pre-season, if necessary, to try to get someone to take him for a conditional 2025 pick.

Agree. You would like to remove his stench from the team but can wait until cut downs to release him. Maybe a QB will get injured and a team may be more willing to make a deal.

• Upvote 4

Looks like no deal for Zach unless the Jets take on most of his 2024 salary. If they release him Jets pay most of it anyways. So are teams willing to fork up a conditional 6th or 7th pick to get him. He's not going to Rams who just signed Jimmy G. I was thinking maybe KC since he played fairly well against them. Their backup last year Blaine Gabbert is a UFA. 

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Our owner basically signaled that we don't value him in any way so why would a team trade for him when they know we'll likely be cutting him?  If ZW was a FA I think teams would be interested.

Could you imagine what he could do with an OC who worked longer than 18 hour weeks?!

Woody ruined his value is one way to look at it. Wilson is a lousy QB is the other 😅

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ready for the proverbial 4th year leap

an ascending talent

If given the chance, Wilson will look even better than last year while posting a 79 passer rating!

• Haha 1

Look Zach's last full game before he was injured he was AFC Offensive Player of the Week. So he has the talent. Even some of his haters after that game lightened up a little on him. Some of the others even doubted his injury. Give me a break. I don't agree that he's done. Maybe that game was a start in the right direction for him. He's worth a draft pick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Zach's last full game before he was injured he was AFC Offensive Player of the Week. So he has the talent. Even some of his haters after that game lightened up a little on him. Some of the others even doubted his injury. Give me a break. I don't agree that he's done. Maybe that game was a start in the right direction for him. He's worth a draft pick. 

He worth what someone is willing to give up for him and so far that is nothing. But I hope you are right.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He was the #2 pick. Of course he has enough talent to put up a game like that. But there's a HUGE difference in having the talent to be amazing VS being consistently good week in and week out. Whatever that ingredient is that allows the great qbs to be consistently good snap to snap, game to game, zach does not have that (nor will he ever have it).

52 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

He was the #2 pick. Of course he has enough talent to put up a game like that. But there's a HUGE difference in having the talent to be amazing VS being consistently good week in and week out. Whatever that ingredient is that allows the great qbs to be consistently good snap to snap, game to game, zach does not have that (nor will he ever have it).

Well as we all know he was inconsistent as a starter and after 33 starts he lost his job. He didn't consistently move the offense and the team under him didn't score points  Btw I don't know any QBs who are good snap to snap. Even the very good ones have off quarters during a game when things don't work incl Mahomes this past season. I think Zach has the talent to go into a game and make plays. Like a relief pitcher. But so far he hasn't done it all game. 

I'll give an example of a player drafted high who didn't perform to expectations mainly based on where he was drafted. Going into this season Alexis Lafreniere was only average to below average as an all around player on the Rangers. Other players drafted lower than him like Jack Hughes are better players. While that's still the case Hughes better than Lafreniere Alexis has had a good season improved over past years he's a major contributor for the Rangers. But still not playing up to his draft position. He's solid NHL though. Some players just take more time to develop. We'll see if Zach ever does he's had good games but it's not over for him or he's through and I don't get why some fans want him to be. 

• WTF? 1

25 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'll give an example of a player drafted high who didn't perform to expectations mainly based on where he was drafted. Going into this season Alexis Lafreniere was only average to below average as an all around player on the Rangers. Other players drafted lower than him like Jack Hughes are better players. While that's still the case Hughes better than Lafreniere Alexis has had a good season improved over past years he's a major contributor for the Rangers. But still not playing up to his draft position. He's solid NHL though. Some players just take more time to develop. We'll see if Zach ever does he's had good games but it's not over for him or he's through and I don't get why some fans want him to be. 

Hughes was drafted #1 overall in the draft prior to Lafreniere being drafted #1 overall. Lafreniere wasn't drafted higher than him. They both went #1 in different drafts.

Also, Lafreniere was much more of a prospect than Zach Wilson ever was. This is a really strange comparison.

8 hours ago, mrcoops said:

no it wouldn't...cap hit 5 insteand of the 11

Just now, AZSOJ said:

no it wouldn't...cap hit 5 insteand of the 11

Only if traded and the Jets don't take any of his salary. If he's cut, the dead cap is the same and him being retained (11 mil).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

He worth what someone is willing to give up for him and so far that is nothing. But I hope you are right.

Couldn't agree more...there seems to be no market for him... 

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

FLASHES

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Fun Fact… Tommy Cutlets was the NFC Offensive POTW that same week.

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2024 at 11:35 AM, Matt39 said:

I don’t see it with how things have gone to date with Wilson. The Jets have bent over backwards accommodating him already. Woody isn’t going to have that type of change of heart. He’s either going to cut him outright and pay him (which I think both sides don’t want due to embarrassment) or trade him to LA or SF (who probably won’t give up anything). The Jets are the likeliest destination and they can sell the true redshirt year thing.

Problem is in the real world you imagining this bending over backwards scenario is pure nonsense.  Telling players they can market themselves to a team they would prefer or to come back with an offer, doing the work for JD so he can focus on FA ant the draft is commonplace. 
The Jets are far from the likeliest destination have no idea what your odsession with Zach belong on the bottom of the QB room and roster is.  Not one Jet would care anywhere the level your obsessive takes you

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Problem is in the real world you imagining this bending over backwards scenario is pure nonsense.  Telling players they can market themselves to a team they would prefer or to come back with an offer, doing the work for JD so he can focus on FA ant the draft is commonplace. 
The Jets are far from the likeliest destination have no idea what your odsession with Zach belong on the bottom of the QB room and roster is.  Not one Jet would care anywhere the level your obsessive takes you

What am I imagining? Zach is one of the biggest busts in NFL history and is on the verge of being out of the league entirely. There was no reason he should have been on the team this past season if it were purely based on merit. He is a colossal bust who the Jets have protected and even with him getting to pick his desired destination, has zero suitors.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Zach looks a little like a young Cillian Murphy in that picture.

Maybe the recently announced "28 Years later" is not actually a zombie sequel, but a tale about the Jets' never-ending quest to trade Zach Wilson. Some Jets fans will still be holding out hope that he could still develop, and just needs a little more time learning on the bench.

You are close.  28 years later is about our run of not even making the playoffs 

There’s gotta be some off the field element with him, man. The kid has talent and he’s put some good games and throws on tape, so you’d think someone would want him on a roster, but he’s being Hackenberg’d out of the league. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

There’s gotta be some off the field element with him, man. The kid has talent and he’s put some good games and throws on tape, so you’d think someone would want him on a roster, but he’s being Hackenberg’d out of the league. 

Correction: even Hackenberg got a cup of coffee with the Raiders.

• Haha 1