Possible Suitor for Wilson

On 3/19/2024 at 9:24 AM, Jet Nut said:

My thinking is a Dee Miliner was a china doll during his college career and why would you assume the NFL would change that.  So there were plenty of warning signs that were ignored.  While Zach was picked right where he should have been to a QB needy team.  The “historically” bad title is overused too.  There have been plenty of Art Schlister types that were as bad floating around.  Zach wouldn’t have been a better pick if the 9’rs got him at three or the Bears wherever.   It’s always been Blair Thomas and still is Blair Thomas as the biggest miss.  He was a RB, they don’t bust as 2nd overall picks, QBs do.  Often.  Not only did BT suck so much, Cortez Kennedy and Jr Seau went right behind him and of course Emmitt Smith 15 picks later.  All HOF players

AR8 being picked to take over is not wishful thinking.  Start with Rodgers is not a disaster because he suffered a freak injury week 1.  Sucks but isn’t a disaster.  
The Jets could have picked up a different QB to take over.  Could have signed a Carr etc.  They wanted Rodgers because he was the best of the group, no matter how much you don’t like him.  

Agree, BT was an all world back in college...a real "can't miss."  But he was absolutely the worst... I thinkypur right on about zack and art.  Good post.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AZSOJ said:

Agree, BT was an all world back in college...a real "can't miss."  But he was absolutely the worst... I thinkypur right on about zack and art.  Good post.

One in a list of Penn State RBs who bust after great college careers

• Upvote 2

It's probably a matter of dollars. There's teams that will take Zach off our hands for free. All they'd have to pay is minimum salary. Jets are hoping to get a team to take more off the top. As for compensation the Jets have I think two 7th round picks already. Another one isn't going to make much difference. They can spend that money on a UFA. 

On 3/10/2024 at 11:35 AM, Matt39 said:

I don’t see it with how things have gone to date with Wilson. The Jets have bent over backwards accommodating him already. Woody isn’t going to have that type of change of heart. He’s either going to cut him outright and pay him (which I think both sides don’t want due to embarrassment) or trade him to LA or SF (who probably won’t give up anything). The Jets are the likeliest destination and they can sell the true redshirt year thing.

Giving him away is the best case scenario I think. Just get that 5.5 million in cap relief and someone else takes a flyer to see if they can rehab him.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

IMG_0486.jpeg

I think I still have that one in my collection Dunno if you remember another great part of that 90 draft class, Reggie Rembert, drafted in round 2. Never played for the Jets, got traded to Cincy didn't do anything there, finished by 1993. Imagine if he hadn't been traded, he and BT would both be in the ever expanding Jets Hall of Infamy,

• Upvote 1

Now, I was never a Zach fan and I suspected that the market for his services would be pretty lean, but I didn’t realize it’d end up being “Hey maybe spend a year in the UFL and get back to us” lean. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He'll be on the team as the No. 3 or traded on draft day ... Woody shoulda kept his mouth shut.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

As if Woody's comments change the film showing Zach as a completely worthless player 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Now, I was never a Zach fan and I suspected that the market for his services would be pretty lean, but I didn’t realize it’d end up being “Hey maybe spend a year in the UFL and get back to us” lean. 

Drama queen (as always) but funny as well (as always).  He'll be traded (probably around draft day though possibly after)

• Upvote 1

10. All about the money: Johnson sounded adamant about not releasing Wilson, and it's easy to see why -- $5.45 million in guaranteed compensation. That's a lot of money to pay a player to not be on your team.

It's valuable cap space, too, enough to cover their entire draft class. The sense around the league is that the Jets will have to include a draft pick in a trade as an inducement for a team to absorb a chunk, if not the entire salary.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You? not a zach fan? Im kind of shocked about that, I could have sworn all of your Utah white boy posts about him before he was even drafted meant you had a ZW BYU jersey in your closet

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You? not a zach fan? Im kind of shocked about that, I could have sworn all of your Utah white boy posts about him before he was even drafted meant you had a ZW BYU jersey in your closet

I’m riding hard for Kedon Slovis this year. He’s got some of that crossover Arizona/SoCal/Pittsburgh grit to him. 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The sense around the league is that the Jets will have to include a draft pick in a trade as an inducement for a team to absorb a chunk, if not the entire salary

Second overall pick. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m riding hard for Kedon Slovis this year. He’s got some of that crossover Arizona/SoCal/Pittsburgh grit to him. 

Personally, I don't judge people by the color of their skin, nor their religious preference, or any characteristics. There are good and bad people of every combo you can imagine. I judge people by their behavior and their actions, not their attributes. . But to each their own I guess

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Personally, I don't judge people by the color of their skin, nor their religious preference, or any characteristics. There are good and bad people of every combo you can imagine. I judge people by their behavior and their actions, not their attributes. . But to each their own I guess

I’ve always said that Flea Flicking Frank guy is the best guy. The number one guy. 

• Haha 3