Possible Suitor for Wilson

ZW telling Saleh he’d rather sit than play must have been the last straw.

Tantamount to a slap in the face after Bobby BS turned himself into a pretzel 🥨 in hundreds of pressers trying to find a way to defend both ZW and the organization’s decision to draft him in the first place.

Would they actually bring him back as the highest paid 3rd string QB in the league?

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

ZW telling Saleh he’d rather sit than play must have been the last straw.
Tantamount to a slap in the face after Bobby BS turned himself into a pretzel in hundreds of pressers trying to find a way to defend both ZW and the organization’s decision to draft him in the first place.
Would they actually bring him back as the highest paid 3rd string QB in the league?
He was being a good soldier. No way did he want Wilson anywhere near the field after a seeing him for a few games in 2022.
  • Upvote 2

On 3/9/2024 at 10:10 PM, Dcat said:

Justin Jefferson after reading this:
200w.gif?cid=6c09b952mkhg15fpo4pkgr7cfhz

Breaking news: Justin Jefferson demands trade.  Jets swoop in and offer Zach and their #1 this year and #2 next year for Jefferson.  Do you do it???

Zach isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.  Teams are waiting for him to either be released or for the jets to trade him for one of Brady’s deflated balls.  It doesn’t sound like saleh wants him anywhere near the team.

nobody wants wilson he is awful

the Wilson Becton Mims trio is the ultimate fail-combined along with the jets actual record Joe should have been fired two years ago

• Upvote 4

Wilson will eventually be released and we will regale with both laughter and tears at the biggest draft mistake in the history of this franchise and wonder how the fcuk this embarrassment of a front office and coaching staff still has their jobs and have been entrusted to steer the ship for another season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

nobody wants wilson he is awful

the Wilson Becton Mims trio is the ultimate fail-combined along with the jets actual record Joe should have been fired two years ago

Cleansed by Sauce, Wilson, JJ and Hall! 

I can't see a scenario where we trade Wilson and don't have to either: 

A) Eat some money to accomodate a trade

or 

B ) Give them + draft capital (ie ZW and a 6th for a 7th) 

Its just never made sense. Any team that takes on ZW knows he isn't able to be QB2 - and in terms of long term development - he is only under contract for 2024 - so you'd have to resign him to get that theoretical (but not actually there) upside.

I hope JD will just take the L and do option B and not just cut ZW to save face that the guy he selected #2 overall needs additional draft capital for a team to take half of his 2024 costs. 

2 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I can't see a scenario where we trade Wilson and don't have to either: 

A) Eat some money to accomodate a trade

or 

B ) Give them + draft capital (ie ZW and a 6th for a 7th) 

Its just never made sense. Any team that takes on ZW knows he isn't able to be QB2 - and in terms of long term development - he is only under contract for 2024 - so you'd have to resign him to get that theoretical (but not actually there) upside.

I hope JD will just take the L and do option B and not just cut ZW to save face that the guy he selected #2 overall needs additional draft capital for a team to take half of his 2024 costs. 

Something like option B would be completely unacceptable. They should just cut him if trading him requires giving up or downgrading a draft pick. 5 mil in saved cap is not worth that.

• Upvote 1

You'd think with Darnold signing with Vikings it opens up a spot for Zach with SF. I've read rumors they were interested in a reunion with Nick Mullens who is presently on Vikings roster. Also they got rid of Lance another underperforming 2021 top draft pick. There have been rumors ZW to SF but not certain what their org thinks about him. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You'd think with Darnold signing with Vikings it opens up a spot for Zach with SF. I've read rumors they were interested in a reunion with Nick Mullens who is presently on Vikings roster. Also they just got rid of Lance another underperforming 2021 top draft pick. There have been rumors ZW to SF but not certain what their org thinks about him. 

Wilson for Bosa?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, rangerous said:

Zach isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.  Teams are waiting for him to either be released or for the jets to trade him for one of Brady’s deflated balls.  It doesn’t sound like saleh wants him anywhere near the team.

Haha, I’ll be clicking this thread daily to see if it the right or the left! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Something like option B would be completely unacceptable. They should just cut him if trading him requires giving up or downgrading a draft pick. 5 mil in saved cap is not worth that.

I believe the cap implications are different for us if we cut him vs. trade him....even if it means throwing in a late round pick. I think (and could be wrong) we get around 5 million in cap space by trading him vs 0 for cutting him.

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In fairness, JD is far too busy signing backup rotational DT's to worry about all the many offers that surely must be coming in for Zach right now.

Maybe he should check his Spam filter.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, August said:

Not saying this will happen nor am I hoping this will happen, but I can see a scenario where Zach is still on the team. 

I wouldn’t care if this happened last resort. The one thing that would drive me nuts is the non stop talking about him even though he would never see the field 

• Sympathy 1

On 3/10/2024 at 5:24 AM, BurnleyJet said:

We will exchange 7th round picks. I actually thought Geno Smith was our worst QB pick in the last 20 years but Wilson as set the bar far, far beyond Geno. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about the Blair Thomas pick.

Not to nitpick but Hackenburg was drafted at basically the same level as Geno and never saw the field. That might shakeup your rankings.

• Post of the Week 1

You realize with that sites format, that guy is an only poster on their forum, right?
He was quoting and commenting on a story rumoring Wilson to the Broncos .. at least that was what I thought I read. If not .. my bad and apologies of course.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1